MBNA [A+L] sold CCard debt to hillsdens - court claim **Settled by F&F**

davidoneman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi i have a log from mbna on 18/03/09 says default/timescale/sod- does that mean thats when they sent the default ? on my credit file it says i got the default 03/2009 end 31/03/2009. if thats correct in what im saying does that mean they havnt given me 14 days so the default is invalid ?

If they logged the default on their system 18-03-09 and then marked your credit file 31-03-09 that's only 13 days + no allowance for postal service so it would be defective yes.

very interesting, my alleged debt with DLC is via MBNA and AL and those are totally different T&C's to the ones sent to me (8 months AFTER the "credit agreement/application" was sent lol

claim v natwest WON!

all posts made by myself are without prejudice

They don't keep copies of Default Notices - they do them on templates. Your defence in court is that you didn't receive a DN and you put them to strict proof of postage that they sent one. You can also state that the amount claimed is inaccurate as there are unlawful charges on the account.

I am not a lawyer but that is the way I would go. Claims in court must be both lawful and accurate and it isn't accurate with all those charges. As for the DN, it is for them to prove they sent one.

i cant see where a dn sent 18/3 expires on 31/3b but i CAN see one sent on 10/4/09 which xpires on 24/4/09 (the line above that which is highlighted)

did you receive a notice of assignment- if so was it sent recorded or signed for- if not then there is no proof that you have been notified of the assignment

i wouldnt be too ready to admit that i never received a dn for if i did- then how could i ever argue as to what was in it?

accepting an unlawful repudiation in writing is merely belt and braces- there is nothing in contract law to suggest that this is essential- the behaviour of the performing party can be equally indicative of his having accepted the unlawful repudiation

what date does it say the dn was dated in the POC

This claim won't go anywhere for other reasons but the law on rescission is not just "belt and braces". One party or the other must repudiate the contract. See Invalid Default Notices thread about poster who lost a case because he hadn't repudiated the contract.