Ross and Roberts council tax and car clamping.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... The letter has gone to my Councillor, the Cheif exec, and the general council bod thats been dealing with the matter...

Ah, in that case it might be best if I hang fire for a second otherwise there will be considerable duplication.

The modifications I had in mind would have included the following [just for info]: a more formal layout and text; appropriate direct quotes from the National Standards; emphasise the CEOs responsibility for his/her contractors; emphasise that by clamping the car they are denying a disabled person the ability to freely travel and causing undue hardship; an insistence that the case is brought in house not only due to the National Standards but also due to a deterioration in trust with the councils collection contractors; emphasise how Ross & Roberts are in breach of their own professional organisations standards of care. etc

Let us know how you get on...

Best wishes

Rae

The clamp is supposed to be removed as I undesrtand things at this stage. Although its still on there as I type.

Expecting a call soon to clarfy the situation.

..... and of course you are armed with your list of charges they need to pay because you had to seek alternative transport.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

..... and of course you are armed with your list of charges they need to pay because you had to seek alternative transport.

PT

Pretty sure they would require receipts for that! And I have been travelling mostly by bike... Which I managed to borrow after mine went missing in the night... I dont have any.

Not going to happen to day by the looks of things :-( Paper work only got sent over at midday.

UKP

Email the CEO regarding the clamp and the deprivation of transport for your wife. Stress the inconvenience and that you hold him / her personally responsible for any deteriation in her health caused by his / her contractors actions. Insist that the clamp is removed forthwith or further action will be sought etc etc. Let him / her know you expect full recompense for alternative transport for yourself and your wife [receipts not really necessary other proof will do] [and its only a threat anyway]

Give 'em hell and don't hold back...

Best wishes

Rae

Just got off the phone with the man from the council who quite arrogant and pushy last week. He has informed me, in a very respectful and contrite manner that they have recieved my complaint and have instructed the bailiff to remove the clamp today! I informed him that I had been told the clamp would be removed on Monday and its now Tuesday, then went on to tell him about charging the council for reasonable travel costs as the car had been illigally clamped! I could almost hear him swallow the lump in his throat! Nearly laughed at him, but didnt. When I told him that my wife had been referred to the hospital due to stress I thought he was going to cry!

He also asked me to discuss the debt with him, not the bailiff as he was so insistent I do last week! I told him that I wouldnt discuss the matter with him until the bailiffs have removed the clamp! I suspect that they will drag there feet on that score, and the clamp will still bein place when I leave for work tomorrow morning.

Oh wait I stand corrected he is here andthe clamp is off!

RESULT!!!

Only problem, was my BIL giving him abuse in the street! Kinda screwed up my video!

Thanks guys. A debt is owed! Just dont send in the bailiffs!!!

Edited by UKPARANORMAL

That was good to read UKP. And, in the immortal words of my favourite film, 'never give up, never surrender'. Galaxy Quest, you just have to love it...

Keep going.

Best wishes

Rae

Just spoken with the man from the council who tells me that all debt is now back in house and have agreed a very sensible and sustainable repayment plan with him. So thanks guys! thats that one sorted!

Couldnt have don it without you!

Is there any where on the forum that deals with what people have been charged, specifically illegal costs such as waiting time added to bills?

I would like to get a list together for charges illegaly raised by Ross and Roberts and more speciafically by the particular bailiff that visited me?

Thanks again team!

bailiff fees are set by the council tax administration and enforcement regulations

no other fees can be charged

there is no such thing as a waiting fee

http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/docs/Enforcement_Agent_Charges.pdf

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1988/Uksi_19882050_en_1.htm#end

The Distress for Rent Rules 1988

Fees, Charges and Expenses
    10. No person shall be entitled to charge, or recover from, a tenant any fees, charges or expenses for levying a distress, or for doing any act or thing in relation thereto, other than those authorised by the tables in Appendix 1 to these Rules.