Hoist/? Claimform 2008 abbey credit card 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A default notice can be 2 or 3 months after the cause of action but other than that you can forget it.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Caro!

So am I correct in saying that an account that has has no financial activity (albeit a default notice issued) could be classed as SB after 6 years of inactivity / admittance of liability?

Depends when the DN was. As Oleg says, tell us the story.

(Nice to see you btw :-) )

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

a very old debt to Santander, cc that was taken in 2008, hubby fell behind in payments.

Debt then got passed around several times.

We heard nothing for months and months besides the occasional statement.

Then out the blue hubby gets a letter front Santander saying they sold the debt to hoist

(I have read the recent article in Credit Today)

they now demanding money!

I'm worried about it, they have sent a Notice of Assignment. Addressed to hubby from hoist. Telling him to contact Robinson way.....

send them a CCA request.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Type of debt please. Credit card, Overdraft, Loan, Contacts shaved into a sheep?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

any ppi or penalty charges on that?

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I've had a read, well done to you.

You are clearly a very bright person to have learned so much over the time and stand your position.

Can someone remind me what an in enforceable credit agreement is?

Also,

just looking through the old papers on thus account,

I notice that there was a credt of £10 added to the account in January 2011.

It is for 'CO-EXISTENCE COLLECTIONS IN DEFAULT',

any ideas as to what that is?

*unenforceable

Update folks. This has reared its head again...

Everything i learned came from this site :)

Im not an expert on enforceable agreements. There are people here that are.

Have you ever done a Subject Access Request around that time.

Iwould be investigating that payment

I've had a read, well done to you. You are clearly a very bright person to have learned so much over the time and stand your position.

Can someone remind me what an in enforceable credit agreement is?

Also, just looking through the old papers on thus account, I notice that there was a credt of £10 added to the account in January 2011. It is for 'CO-EXISTENCE COLLECTIONS IN DEFAULT', any ideas as to what that is?

if you have the statements get a reclaim going

and post up the agreement if you have it

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Everything i learned came from this site :)

Im not an expert on enforceable agreements. There are people here that are.

Have you ever done a Subject Access Request around that time.

Iwould be investigating that payment

We used to have a joint account with Santander but it defaulted due to an overdraft in May 2009 and the account was classed as 'satisfied' in January 2010. So no doing there

We also have a mortgage with Santander but nothing been added to that at that time, so very strange....

and what have you had

a silly threat-o-gram

dx

and they

We did a SAR in 2010, it showed nothing untoward, however on reading the paperwork they did not send a copy of the original cca, only a blank copy. When re reading the letter it said this

"Historical information can only be retained if there is a legitimate reason for possessing the data in accordance with the rights of an individual. Therefore, due to the time elapsed some of the original account records may have been destroyed in line with our detentions policy. ".

This letter was dated December 2010.

if you have the statements get a reclaim going

and post up the agreement if you have it

dx

Will do. Just taking pictures now

Have a bit of duplication on the go. (Sorry)

Re: SB'd? - OH's santander card now sold to Hoist, robbersway chasing

PDF of CCA attached

threads merged

dx

and they

a very old debt to Santander, cc that was taken in 2008, hubby fell behind in payments.

Debt then got passed around several times.

We heard nothing for months and months besides the occasional statement.

Then out the blue hubby gets a letter front Santander saying they sold the debt to hoist

(I have read the recent article in Credit Today)

they now demanding money!

We did a SAR in 2010, it showed nothing untoward, however on reading the paperwork they did not send a copy of the original cca, only a blank copy. When re reading the letter it said this

"Historical information can only be retained if there is a legitimate reason for possessing the data in accordance with the rights of an individual. Therefore, due to the time elapsed some of the original account records may have been destroyed in line with our detentions policy. ".

This letter was dated December 2010.

If you only opened the account in 2008 - then I think you are not going to be able to go the unenforceable route. There were changes made to the regulations in 2008.

However, their response to your SAR request is disingenuous. They are to retain data for 6 years at a minimum unless there is a reason for NOT doing so.

I find it very odd that they did not have a copy of an agreement that was entered into in 2008 if your request was made just 2 years later ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What article in Credit Today are you referring to ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There was an articel in Credit Today where it reported that Santander have re-entered the debt selling market again, and have sold debts to Hoist, a very interesting read.

The sale took place on 15 October 2014

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article/17468/online-news/santander-returns-to-debt-sale-rbs-to-stay-out

I've had a thought, and I believe the £10 credit that appears to be levied against the account was the SAR payment!!

In the SAR pack should there have been a copy of the default notice?. As it seems that we don't have one?

I thought that's what you realised earlier...

there is no remit for a DN copy

all they have to do is note one was ent in say the account or comms log.

dx

and they

I certanly made the suggesiton earlier that you now write a formal letter of complaint to the head office of the firm that says the account received a payment.

You want them to provide proof of the transaction

Where it came from

Who Authorised it.

When it was paid

How was it paid.

If it is the SAR you can order them to reverse the transaction on the basis the money was not allowed to be assigned to the account. Effectively by doing that they reset the SB clock which MUST be challenged.

I would be also asking for later data. Threatening them with ICO for withholding data.

I've had a thought, and I believe the £10 credit that appears to be levied against the account was the SAR payment!!

This is something that happens regularly. If you can pin it down to the statutory fee for the SAR, then that cannot be used as a credit to the account (from you) - it is an unsolicited gift from the creditor.

In the SAR pack should there have been a copy of the default notice?. As it seems that we don't have one?

No - however, there should be a record of it having been sent on the communication log/diary of events.

BCOBS

I. Going to check the logs again that they resent me, in some comms they refer to the default notice but we don't have it. Yet I have everything else? Odd but not improbable.

With regards to the complaint letter I will set about that this pm and will post back for comment. Am I correct in thinking that this debt will become SB from the date of the last financial transaction plus 6 years? As I need to look into this. The cc was taken out in May 2008, so I need to find out when the last payment was made, this has the potential to be SB very soon....

I thought that's what you realised earlier...

there is no remit for a DN copy

all they have to do is note one was ent in say the account or comms log.

dx

Thanks dx

This is something that happens regularly. If you can pin it down to the statutory fee for the SAR, then that cannot be used as a credit to the account (from you) - it is an unsolicited gift from the creditor.

No - however, there should be a record of it having been sent on the communication log/diary of events.

I'm going to check the paperwork again, and will post back the timeframe. I suspect they are hoping by crediting the account by £10, they have reset the clock.

What if they refuse to remove the transaction?