PC World asked to sign credit agreement again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just recieved a letter from PC World asking me to sign a copy of my credit agreement and to send it back in the post.

I recieved the item less than a month ago and in store i signed several of these agreements.

I just wanted to know what will happen if i do not sign these forms, will the finance be dropped or will i still have to pay?

Z Holt

The finance wont be dropped by PC world.

I am curious to know why they require you to sign another credit agreement. Maybe somebody has messed up and shredded your original :D

Personally, I wouldn't sign and return it. You have the goods and they HAD your agreement if they have lost it it is their tough luck.

Do you have copies of your originals? If you do, I would compare this new one incase they are trying to con you into additional insurance etc.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Check the copy of the Agreement you have, check this new copy, note any discrepancies. If it was me I wouldn't be signing anything. if you have signed in the store, it is their responsibility, so long as you pay, the finance company wont really care, unless of course there is an audit done and they can't produce the Agreement. I am not sure if they will pull the finance or not that will be up to finance company.

I am also curious, just checked the original and all seems the same.

I do remember that the guy who sold me the item had never had a credit accepted and he asked his colleague what he had to do. Maybe he messed up ( I hope)

Should I ring to see what the matter is or just not respond at all?

I would like to say that I would ignore it, but after finding this site a few years ago and learning a few things along the way, curiosity would get the better of me :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, if they have lost it, or if the sales lad has messed up they are unlikely to admit it.

I would give it a while and see if they send anything else, and if they do, you could always CCA them :wink:

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

It is a true signed copy of your original Consumer Credit Agreement. If you need to ask them for it, there are letter templates on here ( I will find the link for you). You send £1 postal order and if they cannot provide it within 12 + 2 days, you account is officially ion dispute.

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

There are loads of letter templates in here and the one you will need is letter 8.

I wouldn't sign it but just ignore it. If you have problems with the finance company further down the line, you have a powerful weapon.

You signed the agreement in the store and it was accepted, end of.

If they send a true, signed copy of your original one, then that is that. If you decide not to pay them for whatever reason, then yes, it will probably have an effect on your credit rating.

At the end of the day, you were happy to take out the finance agreement, and i assume, were then able to make the required payments.

I would keep this unsigned agreement they have sent you incase the day comes when you can not afford your payments. If they then wont accept reduced payments or refer you to a DCA, then that is the time to put in a CCA request.

It will not effect your credit rating if you ignore the letter ( if it is important they will contact you again), only missing payments should effect your rating.

I think that with the changes in the legislation the loss of the agreement won't make any difference to you having to pay

The problems would be within PCW or the finance company - they are supposed to look after the documents - a good reason for you not to sign again.

There may be data protection issues here - where is the agreement that you signed? Companies have been fined for having disposed of documents carelessly. You don't know what happened to the originals. Don't assist them in covering up their mistakes.

Right ok, I Just thought with them having no signed documents then the agreement may not be in place, for all they know i could have decided not to pursue the credit.

I intend to pay of in 9 months before interest starts but if i could have got away with it, then .....

Edited by Z Holt

Guest Mrs Hobbit

I agree with Grumpy, I would lodging a complaint with the ICO regarding the Data issues. you never know your details could be out in a rubbish bin at the back of the store, just waiting for the next lot of wind to blow it into the wrong hands.

Your signature woud be on this form also...I know, but then I have experienced ID theft and the ramifications.