County Court Claim form received - Cabot ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yeah you can combine it into a question, this is just a thought, it is not my suggestion that you follow this i must say.................

1) do you have a copy of the default notice ? and if so do you object to me inspecting a copy?

2) do you have a copy of the notice of assignment and do you object to me inspecting a copy?

just a suggestion, but you could also say, if you dont object please provide a copy with your reply

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is all good stuff. I think you need to 'trick' them in to saying they have a document and will rely on it in reply to your Part 18 request, then use other CPR to request those documents. If they haven't mentioned them in the claim to date, you can't CPR them to get copies, hence the 'nudge' in the right direction.

The trick, as PT has pointed out, is to ask the right questions! :)

IN THE XXXXXXXXX

county court CLAIM NO:

BETWEEN:

XXXXXXXXXX

Claimant

and

XXXXXXXXXXX

Defendant

_________________________ _________________________ ___________________

part 18 REQUEST FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

To: XXXXXXXXXX (claimant)

Please answer the following questions:

1) Are you relying on the Defendant being served with a Default Notice. If so, when was it served?

2) Do you have a copy of the Default Notice ? If so, do you object to me inspecting

a copy? If you do not object, please provide a copy with your reply.

3) If you are relying on equitable assignment or absolute assignment, when was the Defendant served with the Notice of Assignment?

4) Do you have a copy of the Notice of Assignment? If so, do you object to me inspecting a copy? If you do not object, please provide a copy with your reply.

5) Do you have proof of posting of the Notice of Assignment in the form of a recorded delivery or special delivery receipt?

6) Are you relying on a Credit Agreement in support of your claim? If yes, please provide full details

TAKE NOTICE THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ANSWER THE ABOVE REQUEST WITHIN 14 DAYS OF SERVICE OF THE SAME UPON YOU

This is a draft of what I have so far.

I'm just about to start the Part 18 request but am a bit thrown now after reading up. Under Part 18, I can't request documents eg T&Cs and the NOA they haven't provided, only ask for clarification/elaboration on the ones they already have - help :???:

If you need a copy of the T&Cs then there is nothing stopping you making an S78 request ......

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

They are supposed to send you a copy of the agreement and any other document mentioned in it.. so they should produce those as part of your CPR31.14 request ? Have you sent a reminder CPR31.14 and or CPR31.15 request - a request to inspect the original documents ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Were in danger of overloading Bo with conflicting advice so my thoughts (for what it's worth). Go ahead with the Part 18 (if you haven't already done so. Treat this as separate but obviously connected and then follow up Part 31 as Citizen B has suggested.

The SAR is another separate but connected action and all of these actions are aimed at flushing them out.

Until they can produce the original agreement and all surrounding it you remain "embarrassed".

Just amended q.3 slightly.

R

IN THE XXXXXXXXX

county court CLAIM NO:

BETWEEN:

XXXXXXXXXX

Claimant

and

XXXXXXXXXXX

Defendant

part 18 REQUEST FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

To: XXXXXXXXXX (claimant)

Please answer the following questions:

1) Are you relying on the Defendant being served with a Default Notice. If so, when was it served?

2) Do you have a copy of the Default Notice ? If so, do you object to me inspecting

a copy? If you do not object, please provide a copy with your reply.

3) ARE you relying on equitable assignment or absolute assignment, If you are relying upon an absolute assignment, when was the Defendant served with the Notice of Assignment?

4) Do you have a copy of the Notice of Assignment? If so, do you object to me inspecting a copy? If you do not object, please provide a copy with your reply.

5) Do you have proof of posting of the Notice of Assignment in the form of a recorded delivery or special delivery receipt?

6) Are you relying on a Credit Agreement in support of your claim? If yes, please provide full details

TAKE NOTICE THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ANSWER THE ABOVE REQUEST WITHIN 14 DAYS OF SERVICE OF THE SAME UPON YOU

This is a draft of what I have so far.

Only other point on Part 18. Only give them 7 days to Reply, not 14 days.

R

Will do

Just amended q.3 slightly.

R

Ta

Can anyone answer my question in post 233? I can't put the name of the court down until I know where it's going to be.

For some reason I'm not getting the post numbers showing against posts now, but think I know the one. It's still with NCCBC so head it with that. The Claim number will remain the same when it is transfered and it wont matter if the heading is the former court when/if it becomes necessary to disclose it. The Part 18 only goes to Claimant anyway, a copy is not filed with court.

R

• Haha 1

OK, Part 18 all done now - thanks for the help. I'll get that off recorded tomorrow.

Is there a template follow up letter chasing up on the T&Cs in relation to the CPR 31 request I sent, or do I simply just write to Morgans and refer to my original CPR request. They did say that they were requesting the T&Cs from the Assignor and that they would be forwarded to me in due course but I'm still wating. I honestly cannot remember ever seeing a copy of the T&Cs originally or in my SAR to the OC.

In the meantime, I have received a response to my SAR to Cabot. In the letter, they state that they will be forwarding the information on a CD.

They also state the following:-

Please be advised that Cabot may not hold information such as your original credit agreement or statements on file. In order to obtain this information, we recommend you contact the original lender, who will hold this information as the original data controller.

However, in the event that the original lender has supplied Cabot with this information, the documents will be included with your client's Subject Access Data.

They will be sending your info on a CD? That's a new one on me. Wait and see what turns up. However they line that they may not have your original documentation is telling -routine but telling - they start these claims without the paperwork and hope no-one notices.

As for whatever case is going to appeal just carry on regardless.

please what is this,

CPR 31.14 for disclosure of ALL docs;

send this by recorded delivery post.

I have received a letter from the County Courts telling me to collect IMPORTANT COURT DOCUMENTS, I think well i`m almost sure this is regarding my car which was repossesed some months ago, which i have had a letter telling me I owe £5,000, which is probably correct with interest, however, since the agreement I now live on my own with one income, I work full time, rent privately and have 2 children, 1 14 and 1 16 who attends college, i have very little left over after pay day, however the children stay with thir dad who claims tax credits etc & live with me half the week, please advise I don`t know what to do.

Hi Tomglen

Probably best to start your own thread on this, then you can ask as many questions as you like :-)

Thanks Rhia

Still no DN P1 but they said that there won't be a DN as they don't want to take any steps listed in Section 87 of the CCA 1974 :eyebrows:

Part 18 sent to Morgans.

AQ has arrived and the case has been transferred to my local court. Will fill in as far as poss, but may need some help on this.

PS - Think I've found a replacement smilie for the EEKK one that disappeared!! :!: