Lowell Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OFT guidance on debt collection:

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

j. acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either

deliberately or through lack of care, for example, by not putting

correspondence in a sealed envelope and putting it through a letterbox,

thereby running the risk that it could be read by third parties.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2003 the OFT issued the Debt Collection Guidance (updated December 2006) which sets out minimum standards for those intending to collect debts. Failure to comply with the Debt Collection Guidance may call into question the fitness of a business to hold a consumer credit licence.

(due to be amended in 2010)

my son was in debt and had dealings with lowells. i must admit that as my son is ill i took over with the debt and phoned lowells. they put a password on the account so i was able to deal with them as my son was so ill. they arranged a direct debit to come from my account an amount that was very low and i thought reasonable.. they stuck to the deal and for 6 months took no more no less. the debt finished this week and a got a call from them thanking me for the regular payments.i believe they was very fair and honest and always went through me instead of worrying my son who is ill.. im just being honest about my experience

prob being nice because they had no right to collect on the debt anyway.

what was the debt?

did you see a cca?

if i phoned someone up and said you owe me and you paid, even £5PCM i'd be nice to you too...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the day you get an explation for that duplicitous behaviour is the day i see two flying pigs going past my bed room window

It is designed to appear as different levels of severity or threat in an ascending order, if you are stupid enough to fall for that! I got all three also and told them all to sod off when they could not produce a CCA and the debt was written off.

maybe james would like to comment of the following?

a young lady with mental health issues had joined cag and asked for help regarding lowell and a old bank account debt,last payment was 9 years ago.duly advised to send statute barred,sent and received.

received the oh no it's not " payment was made"(and these payments allways seem to just be within the 6 year period):mad:

despite 4 signed for letters asking for proof of this alledged payment,lowell choose to ignore and continued to bombard with threatograms.

continued to call her landline and mobile upto 5 time a day,despite receiving a copy of harrassment by telephone 4 times.

so she was forced to change her numbers.

she also received a letter from her ex employer regarding the calls from lowell who continued to call them despite being told that she had left in 2004.

In desperation she sent me a PM as the threats of court and home visits were making her ill.

she had actually told them in one call that they were making her ill,that she had a new partner and he knew nothing about this and was scared that he would find out.

the lowell caller stated "pay your debt then" or a field agent will call.

we then comprised a letter of complaint,explained how this was affecting her and asked for proof of the payment claimed.

this letter was sent to bob collins director of compliance in september 2009

the responce was a letter from lowell who

"taking a commercial view and without liability"closed the account.

fast forward to 6 weeks ago and a letter demanding payment for the same alledged debt from RED!!!!

she responded by sending statute barred letter to red.

that was ignored and 3 weeks ago she contacted me again as red were now threatning.

we then sent a letter to red containing copies of the letter sent to and received from compliance and asked for a copy of their complaints.

sent to head of collections mark allmark at red

responded to last thursday

we are in receipt of your letter dated xxxx the contents are duly noted,no comments at all on this farce:mad:just please find enclosed as requested a copy of our complaints.

followed by the stages that they follow and estimated time frame.

this responce was from samantha barnard at lowell????

so james get your calculator out how many breaches here?

and lets not forget that the orignal date of last payment..never proven... but made by lowells claim that this was nov 2003.......

it is now 2010 slide your calculator across to red.

the complaint form will be returned so that one of your highley trained,dedicated officers can resolve this matter.

only problem we have is where to send it?

• Haha 1

maybe james would like to comment of the following?

a young lady with mental health issues had joined cag and asked for help regarding lowell and a old bank account debt,last payment was 9 years ago.duly advised to send statute barred,sent and received.

received the oh no it's not " payment was made"(and these payments allways seem to just be within the 6 year period):mad:

despite 4 signed for letters asking for proof of this alledged payment,lowell choose to ignore and continued to bombard with threatograms.

continued to call her landline and mobile upto 5 time a day,despite receiving a copy of harrassment by telephone 4 times.

so she was forced to change her numbers.

she also received a letter from her ex employer regarding the calls from lowell who continued to call them despite being told that she had left in 2004.

In desperation she sent me a PM as the threats of court and home visits were making her ill.

she had actually told them in one call that they were making her ill,that she had a new partner and he knew nothing about this and was scared that he would find out.

the lowell caller stated "pay your debt then" or a field agent will call.

we then comprised a letter of complaint,explained how this was affecting her and asked for proof of the payment claimed.

this letter was sent to bob collins director of compliance in september 2009

the responce was a letter from lowell who

"taking a commercial view and without liability"closed the account.

fast forward to 6 weeks ago and a letter demanding payment for the same alledged debt from RED!!!!

she responded by sending statute barred letter to red.

that was ignored and 3 weeks ago she contacted me again as red were now threatning.

we then sent a letter to red containing copies of the letter sent to and received from compliance and asked for a copy of their complaints.

sent to head of collections mark allmark at red

responded to last thursday

we are in receipt of your letter dated xxxx the contents are duly noted,no comments at all on this farce:mad:just please find enclosed as requested a copy of our complaints.

this responce was from samantha barnard at lowell????

so james get your calculator out how many breaches here?

and lets not forget that the orignal date of last payment..never proven... but made by lowells claim that this was nov 2003.......

it is now 2010 slide your calculator across to red.

the complaint form will be returned so that one of your highley trained,dedicated officers can resolve this matter.

only problem we have is where to send it?

Send your complaint form via Special Delivery to:

Mrs Samantha Barnard (nee Swallow)

Lowell Group

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Log a formal complaint with the OFT also;

register the complaint with Consumer Direct, (request that the complaint be logged onto the OFT stats). Consumer Direct, will ask your local trading standards service to make contact with the individual concerned or, their representative.

Please ensure that the above know that, you are aware of the MALG guidelines!

Lastly, make an appointment with your MP, who I am sure will take the matter up/investigate.

yes i wonder why leeches like lowells

when batted away on statute barred debts etc

DO NOT put on the phishing list they then sell on

that the debt is infact statute barred

they just 'happen' to forget to do that.

could it be that the next leecher will not pay them for the list me wonders when its know they'll get stuff all from by trying to con people into paying....

leechers the lot of 'em.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Lowell should know that they must, ensure that sensitive cases involving vulnerable individuals, for example those with mental health or medical problems, are dealt with appropriately, and

ensure that all matters of concern raised with them by the free advice sector and other third parties are dealt with appropriately.

Third parties, include an individuals representative, who holds an 'Athorisation to Communicate' on behalf of the party concerned.

Clearly, Lowell are not following the MALG guidelines on good practice.

May I suggest that the Lowell Group go back to their desks and read ALL of the relevant guidelines, including the code(s) of conduct that they and their clients subscribe to!

I note that, the Lowell Group website, consumer section, is at present under re-construction.

yes i wonder why leeches like lowells

when batted away on statute barred debts etc

DO NOT put on the phishing list they then sell on

that the debt is infact statute barred

they just 'happen' to forget to do that.

could it be that the next leecher will not pay them for the list me wonders when its know they'll get stuff all from by trying to con people into paying....

leechers the lot of 'em.

dx

An old article dated July 2009:

CCR Magazine - Lowell Group buys the fixed assets of J2 Solutions

We are committed to taking a fair, sensitive and ethical approach to debt recovery. We comply fully with Government guidelines and industry trade and regulatory bodies. We are also:

Lowell state the folowing in relation to their 'Client' relations:

A founding member of the Debt Buyers and

Sellers Group

Regulated by the Credit Services Association,

the Debt Buyers and Sellers Group and the Data Protection Authority

Members of the Consumer Credit Trade Association and the Civil Courts Users Association

Committed to complying with the Banking Code of Conduct.

Lowell do not appear to state anything with regards to their 'Customer' relations?

Since when have the CSA been a Regulator?

:

Regulated by the Credit Services Association

However, am pleased to learn that the do indeed subscribe to various codes of conduct, including the Banking Code of Conduct.

No doubt, they have heard of the CPUTR's...

Guest Mrs Hobbit

The CSA became the regulator during the ast six months...talk about Poacher turning Gamekeeper..more slaps on the wrist with a wet bus ticket from the Boy's Club.

Send your complaint form via Special Delivery to:

Mrs Samantha Barnard (nee Swallow)

Lowell Group

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Log a formal complaint with the OFT also;

register the complaint with Consumer Direct, (request that the complaint be logged onto the OFT stats). Consumer Direct, will ask your local trading standards service to make contact with the individual concerned or, their representative.all this was done last year.me thinks that is why she received the account closed letter.:p:pand been so thick that they are they think that she will be fooled by red assigned by their client lowell portfolio:rolleyes:

Please ensure that the above know that, you are aware of the MALG guidelines!

Lastly, make an appointment with your MP, who I am sure will take the matter up/investigate.

mrs barnyard was not ms swallow but is bob collins understudy and in fact the one and the same that responded with the account closed letter as well.

she has also contacted local ts guy again and told them,so they are calling out to see her on tuesday afternoon.

they knew what they were/are doing and they knew how ill she was.

they do not care,never have,as long as they get their pound of flesh anything is ok.

lets see if they get away with it again.

The CSA became the regulator during the ast six months...talk about Poacher turning Gamekeeper..more slaps on the wrist with a wet bus ticket from the Boy's Club.

Huh?

How can a trade association be a Gov. Regulator?

In any event and as we know, it is the OFT who oversee firms who carry a Consumer Credit Licence.

About time that the OFT, started to bite rather than sometimes show their teeth...

mrs barnyard was not ms swallow but is bob collins understudy and in fact the one and the same that responded with the account closed letter as well.

she has also contacted local ts guy again and told them,so they are calling out to see her on tuesday afternoon.

they knew what they were/are doing and they knew how ill she was.

they do not care,never have,as long as they get their pound of flesh anything is ok.

lets see if they get away with it again.

Sorry Sam!

I was referring to the response

:

we are in receipt of your letter dated xxxx the contents are duly noted,no comments at all on this farcejust please find enclosed as requested a copy of our complaints.

this responce was from samantha barnard at lowell???? [End Quote]

Having calmed a bit and looked at post 96 again. I note the quote from Shakepeare's Merchant of Venice. Remember the judgement as well:-

" Not one drop of Christian blood may you spill!"

oilyrag (still mad really)

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Not soi much a governement regulator, maybe they have signed up to Code of Conduct with the CSA and this is what is meant,. I know I read about it, now was it Credit Today or Fianancial Times, that they will come under the umbrella of the CSA...

Yes Mrs Hobbit, that's more like it;

signed up to the Credit Services Association (CSA) code of conduct!

It would appear that Lowell are not fully observing the CSA code of conduct!

The CSA code of conduct is available for viewing on the web. However, only the issue 2009 is available.

This year 2010, their code of conduct is due to be amended, to come in line with the CCD.

Mrs. Hobbit is the CSA umbrella damaged:)?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks