HSBC remove £900 from my account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A stark warning if you go into dispute with a bank over a credit card close your accounts and move to a different bank.

2 years ago HSBC tried to fob me off with a blank CCA despite sending them the account in dispute letter in Oct 2008 and various other correspondence with their in house collection services Metropolitan and D G solicitors, I finally sent the final response letter to D & G in April 2009.

This morning I woke up to find that the money I had saved to take the kids away had vanished.

After spending all morning on the phone to various departments and visiting my local branch ended up at a complete impasse with metropolitan.

The impasse being:

Them: "The agreement you signed allows us to do this"

Me: "The agreement you cant prove I signed you mean"

after half an hour of this going round in circles I gave up .

More fool me for assuming that HSBC would comply with the law.

Guest Cartaphilus
A stark warning if you go into dispute with a bank over a credit card close your accounts and move to a different bank.

I am surprised you didn't do this before. I don't think you will get that money back BTW. I might be wrong but after reading of this with others before now the bank is within their rights to remove the money and do so they will eventually if they cannot recoup it any other way.

Hi, Iceman.

I've changed your thread title.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Unfortunately, this is a fairly common situation, and is the reason I and others suggest opening a 'parachute' account for your day to day banking as soon as you have a dispute about any account with a bank/building society.

You could try the 'appropriation' approach, but it did not work for me. If it can be shown that they have taken your 'living' money to support yourself and family there may be a slim chance of forcing them to repay this money into your account.

Fair enough Maroon we dont want the avaricious little turds making even more money by suing us do we.

A case of caveat emptor I am afraid

It was money I had saved from tax credits and disability benefits to take my 2 disabled kids away for a few days as very soon we will cease to be a family unit due to pending separation (dont want to sound like a sob story cos everyone on here has problems)

the only consolation is that due to a cock up with a disability benefit if they had only held their greedy little paws back for a few days they could have had another £600...... the back pay goes in on Monday....... and it goes into a joint account which they cant touch

so every cloud and all that

I look at it this way - if a company is incapable of keeping safe a piece of paper (which they are legally obliged to keep, IAW Money Laundering Regulations), why would you trust them with money?

Totally agree.

And, if they can't be bothered to read the letter I have sent them, then they can sing and dance as much as they like - they'll get ignored for sending me a copy of a letter they sent a few months ago.

I now bank with totally separate institutions that I have my debts (and so called ones:wink:) with. Iceman - it's simple to setup a basic/standard bank account with another bank as a 'parachute' account and it provides you with more flexibility.

This why I mentioned 'appropriation' in my earlier post.

DLA and any 'health/disability' benefits are not legally able to be included as 'disposible' income, so as such I feel you should have a fairly good case of mis-appropriation.

I will try and find more information.

In theory when they saw the money was from tax credits and DLA they shouldn't have taken it. They can't claim they did not know as it appears on the statement who the money is from; can't remeber off hand what it says on tax credits but for DLA the DLA bit of the ref is a dead givaway.

Good luck with your fight. Personally as soon as i saw i was getting into trouble i contacted the DWP and had my DLA paid into a new account with a different bank.