Egg - its no yoke

Mozz1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes...yuo mean the letter I sent by post in 2005 and never got a reply to? ;)

That must be the one! Actually, no need to be specific to CrapQuest, as they should never have beem gievn a prior dispute with OC debt anyway, so tell Anne McShame to keep her greasy hands off your wallet.

I told her that she should make payments back to me-I had made some token paymentsd.

I even offered to call her on her mobile or at home, or arrange a doorstep visit, just like she had offered me when he tried to "help".

For some reson she took offence. Funny how she could sh** out but not take it back.

I was only trying to help her after she had been caught with her fingerse in the till trying llegally collect on a debt set aside by the county court..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest I received this snotty email from Trading Standards about CapQuest's antics:

"Dear Mr XX,

"Consumer Direct have forwarded your email concerning CapQuest Debt Recovery to us together with your copy correspondence.

"I note your comments regarding the response you have received from CapQuest however I would advise that the duty to give information under S77-S79 of the Consumer Credit Act has been under debate for some time and this is currently the subject of consultation by the OFT for clarification. A copy of their consultation document can be found at Guidance on unenforceable agreements - The Office of Fair Trading

"I note that you have already been making voluntary payments and you wish to deal with this matter [er, no that's why I involved you!! doh!]

"As the OFT have not yet published their final guidance and clarification on the legislation it would be advisable to contact Egg directly (if you have not already done so) for a copy of your executed agreement using the information provided by CapQuest in their letter to enable this matter to be resolved."

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

If the agreement is properly executed and compliant (which it appears to be ) then you cannot keep the account "in dispute".

You will need to start negotiating with the creditor to agree to a repayment schedule that you can afford.

Egg are normally pretty good at accepting reduced payments.

Thanks for replying.

Looks like my Egg struggle's at an end then:(

The only thing I was unsure about was whether there should have been a multiple agreement in 2005 as they used part of the loan to settle an older loan?

Mozzone

If the agreement is properly executed and compliant (which it appears to be ) then you cannot keep the account "in dispute".

You will need to start negotiating with the creditor to agree to a repayment schedule that you can afford.

Egg are normally pretty good at accepting reduced payments.

Supasnooper I beg to differ over your final paragraph.

Nothing against you personally, imo they are nothing but a bunch of cowboys who want it all on their grounds.

Mozzi, if you had a loan in 2004 that was paid off by the loan in 2005 I think that should be a multiple agreement. I mean, if Egg used the money to repay some or all of their loan.

• Haha 1

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

I think Mozzi's given up hope. Can't blame him either. What's stopping Egg from faking an agreement anyway? Are all other 2005 Egg loan agreements 100% valid?

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

I never found Egg good at accepting reduced payments. They have certainly changed since they were taken over by sh*ti bank in 2005

When the paperwork goes before a District Judge the £1 or whatever was offered will just be rubber stamped anyway, I have not refused to provide an income and expenditure statement to someone entitled to see it, just that Egg seem to believe that customers have " an obligation " to provide Egg with one.

If Egg want to take matters all the way who am I to stand in the way?

• 3 weeks later...

capquest have returned the account to egg. egg haven't replied to my complaint. account is still in dispute depsite valid agreement (!) and am using multiple agreement argument like TDS to see if they have an enforceable agreement plus possible mi-selling of the second loan. will see what happenz...

Mozzone

the multiple agreement argument is complicated

sure is Eb. Not sure anyone on this site thoroughly understands how to make that argument. looking at other threads it seems that the courts have made statute irrelevant :(

Mozzone

Egg just won't engage or reply to my letetrs at all. have now complaied to their top complaints bod and hear nowt.

Have written to fos and ico now.

Mozzone

If they don't reply, send a letter giving your deadline for them to reply. State that if they do not, you will presume they are not challenging your assertions (no valid CCA or whatever). Be polite, give reasonable deadlines (14 working days from receipt of the letter, say), send it recorded or special delivery, and remind them to send their reply recorded or special delivery. When the deadline has expired and they haven't written to you, then do the same to get your credit record cleared. If they don't respond, then complain to the FOS. Force them by being reasonable and demanding a response.