Phone/bband farce ends in Sky slamms phone line(finally admitted) **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Being told my line should be back up and running in a couple of days and that they as a provider will monitor it for a few months, to make sure sky dont try again. Had to reknew my prescription for meds and boy why does every firm or even surgery have you waiting an age with dodgy music. Now normally that does not bother me as included in phone package, but now of course you notice on payg mobile the credit dwindling away. I also bought a bin from argos, that when I got home would you believe it had the lid missing. It was open at the collection point and I was told they would seal it as someone had obvoulsy wanted to see it.

When got it home the lid was missing along with the freebie bags you get and I had to ring them to check wether they had another and after an age on hold, I had to resort to getting another taxi there to return it. Anyone know how long you have to hold onto argos phone, not a problem when you have a landline, but with payg, well its expensive and I had to give up. But dont worry sky you will be paying my bill as its not my fault I keep rather frustratingly picking up the phone to ring and have to be reminded due to my memory of course that it doesnt bleeding work!!!!!!!!

Another 15.00 voucher being bought on my behalf today. Jeepers I will never moan about a line phone bill again:)

Dont worry sky all my receipts will be carefully kept for you xxxxx

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also add one thing Ive learnt on my travels of a little bad luck:p That despite me being upset that bt misold me a contract adn tesco at first depsite their efforts I couldnt get the broadband running sattisfactory, that these were minute compared to sky. The difference being I was able to ring each company and in the case of bt, they revoked the contract and apologised and tesco, well we know they are helping me and the broadband was superb once I got a new router, untill sky snook back in without my permission once cancelled.

With bt you wait an age to speak to someone but eventually they resolve it. With tesco you get straight through to the depts and dont have to do the we will pass you to such and such shufty that sky do.

Sky I belive cannot be rivaled for tv, once set up well its great. Once they successfully set up their phone and broadband I am sure there are many happy customers. However adn heres the big but, when they get it wrong they cannot cope.

Their infrustructure cannot proceed beyond customer adn the computer says no. Even when supposedly it is escalated they cannot admit an error on their part has occured, as one of theirs recently said, 'well companies do not like to admit fault' hhmmmm I think that gives the attitude of some staff and company policy, maybe?. So when things go wrong the customer is inevitably going to get frustrated and they have no comprehension of inconvinience unless its them and a bill I suppose:p

Apparanlty there is an industry forum where companies can talk to each other and this problem that happned between me and sky is not rare. I was told today that it is not the first time my provider has come accross this and they are not expecting sky to admit fault in any way( because they just dont like to admit it I presume I add, they are worried or feel its not good practice, dont they realise sorry is a good word and takes a lot of stress away.)

It inevitably gets down to the customer has to chase them for any apology and outcome through the regulators I feel and as a result I feel they should be fined heavily each bleeding time to make them sort out their crappy actions. So I look forward if they dont apologise to going to them and then court.

Tesco are at the moment building me a nice file.xx

Edited by loopinlouie

Geting very tired today. Recently contacted today to be told they are trying to get it back up and running today, but I was hoping it would just be on now. Asked am I registered disabled which put me back a little, as I have never applied for blue badge or bus pass as go through long periods of being housebound, howerver I get high rate dla for care and suffer from uncontrolled seizures. I am just suprised I am being asked that today as I would have thought considering my line was reinstated within a few days last time due to same reason, I cant understand what the hold up is this time. Been told they have to list it to openreach as an emergency order with letter of good faith as to why. But why hasnt this been put in earlier, no offence to them, but I cant understand it. They did explain it was complicated whihc is making me angrier at sky, if it is so complicated to sort out such errors, then they should not make them or at least put it right asap instead of fobbing people off.

I did say that openreach should look into how often they have been doing this and that to my line and they could surely see inconvinience alone should hurry them up surely let alone I am disabled.

I know they say so much has happened to my line that its best for a new line and therefore thats why I thought it would take a week as apposed to last time few days, but why ask me for disability now. I mean no offence to them but they were both aware sky and tesco when original sales call was taken that the alarm was important due to my disability.

To be honest I am tired and not leaving my bed now, I have deteriated mentally again and dont want to move around till fall detector okay. I know my kids are at least at home, but I dont think these companies appreciate how this can effect a person suffering depression. I was improving till this happened, been out more than usual untill recently had panic attack I believe caused by stress and now not leaving my bedroom.

I know these companies are not responsible for me being me, but they knew I have epilepsy and being left to hang has made me really low.

Well as down as I have been tesco have been on the phone to me and it is again obvouse they are working hard to reinstate my line. Just incase someone from sky are reading, tesco are not happy with you. As you well know when an order is placed a cease order is automatically generated, it is the responsibility of the order canceller as in sky to make sure that this cease order is cancelled also.

Sky didnt do it.

Tesco also point out they are very aware how fairly new to telecoms they are compared to a company like sky. That is not a negative response but positive as in tesco already know that when a cease order is automatically raised it needs cancelling. I was told today they had a case where a person was leaving sky for tesco, for whatever reason the person changed their mind and obviously the order was cancelled. On checking their records and I have already confirmed how customer friendly they are, they noticed the cease order was still in place on that order. They though no thats not right a custome might be inconvinienced even though not comming to us now and they cancelled the cease order.

Its therefore obvous skys computer systems are sh** when liasing with customer, unless you owe them money of cours, I bet they are hot on that xx

So a compnay as tesco is capable of realising what processes are involved but sky is not or chooses not to I believe as in they are not our customer now, s*d them. Of course I could be wrong but hey whats there to give me a better opinion. NOWT.

As skys executive office seem to be unaware that an order generates an automatic cease order whihc needs cancelling I am now going to email them again, include my mobile number and ask them when they would like to contact me to discuss compensation and out of pocket expeses xx

Email sent to jeremy darrochs office again and we will wait for response. To cut is short ,Tesco are very unhappy at sky stating they are sorry I am being misled by my provider. The priority is getting my line up and they are hoping today. They are getting together paper trail of what happened to my line regarding orders, instructions and works carried out by openreach and also point out this is also costing them. I said I do hope you go after sky for expenses, they let me believe they will be :)

When all this is sorted, you should SAR them both (don't include the tenner or mention it in your request IMO... most will either write back asking for it or deal with the SAR for free, and them requesting a tenner if they've been naughty on your account will just show them up for the absolute mupets that they are!) then request reasonable compensation.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thank you, will do. Phone still not back on 17.28, told they will ring me when hear something or in the meantime keep picking up receiver and hopefully will be back on, so dont know how much longer openreach will take, told something to do with bearocracy I am told. I personally think openreach might be a bit peed off why they keep having to do work on my line and arnt hurryig as a result, lovely if wrong, but I mean priority line due to disability and compassion and hanging around like this.

I mean I have emailed jeremy darrochs office a number of times and getting no replies under two email addresses. I personally feel they know full well what they have done or more so what should have and cant be bothered as I am not their customer now. I included details of tesco network director and my mobile number, no calls, so they obvously dont give a damm.

Its also not good for sky that I can show they have been blaming tesco and even suggesting they have been misleading me.

xx

Until you have all the facts both ways you cannot be certain who is in the wrong, you can have strong suspicions only. Remember you have given this link to this thread to both Sky and Tesco. Let them put down in black and white that the other is wrong, then complain to the arbitrators about them.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

"open reach, open reach, where for art though open reach?"

Its not as if I am going to mug you, come on :)

I do remember you were a bit of a flirt with the last one LL :p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

What me, all I asked the nice young man was did he want a cup of tea :) HAHAHHA

Well still no phone and Ive voicemailed tesco who did say they would keep me updated and today sky have sent me a letter dated 5/8 telling me about my non existant subscription is going up by 1.00 and selling the virtues of sky broadband and talk, hhhmmmm.

Just had an update from tesco. Openreach have confirmed that sky have the rights to the line or whatever its called. Sky are saying they dont have the line to openreach, therefore becasue no one at sky can give permission for my line to go back to tesco, openreach are apparantly not allowed to do it and tesco are powerless and have to wait for the standard take over time of ten working days apparantly. They have said the quickest way is to set up a new line and they are looking at middle of next week now.

I said last time openreach managed to sort it in three days and they are looking into that but not obvously going to do that again for what reason I dont uderstand. Tesco have said the only way to hurry it now is if I go to ofcom myself now and take it up, thing is i surely would have to wright in and does anyone know of a phone number where they deal with emergency situations.

I just dont seem to fathom why sky are incapable of even registering with openreach that the work was done on their order to cease my line, they are saying nowt to do with them to openreach. I said to tesco if situations like this arrise whihc put people at risk sky should have its telecoms license for new customers suspended untill they are capable of sorting out the co** ups they have made.

So are sky worried that to admit the order was from them as openreach and cable and wireless can prove, that they are in the doo doo, could it be more protecton mode because I cant see how they cant understand its their fault.

So to cut it short the line wont go up till middle of next week. I am confused however as last week tesco said the quickest solution was a new line that it was mentioned today, fair enough but to those in the know more than me, can they have got that up and running sooner. I mean surely if I say s*d the phone number and a new line is put in, doesnt that over ride sky anyhow.

I appreciate tesco is helping, but are openreach really treating this as an emergency?

Both openreach and tesco know whats gone wrong, surely there should be some system in place to protect people like me from shis*ers like sky?

The bills adding up sky!!!!!!!

Companies dont like to admit fault said from the mouth of a sky employee who seemed to uderstand my comlaint but yet said they have to go by what told on computer and openreach, yep the same openreach that is telling them they have the bleeding line, hhmmm. I read a thread yesterday where a mans telly was broken by a dodgy sky plus box and they ignored his letters, as soon as he asked for a subject access request after asking for help for two years, yep two years, as soon as he asked for subject access request, they wanted to get him another tv!!!!!!!!

That to me would indicate and with whats happened to me that there is a policy on cases where it might cost them money, to stone wall and hope it will go away in my opinon obviously, or why would there own employees say companies do not like to admit fault? Does he know something I dont?

NOW ANYONE FROM SKY THINK I AM WRONG OR HAVE DETAILS OF PERSON WHO MIGHT WANT TO ACTUALLY SORT THIS, OF COURSE CONTACT ME OR POST ON THIS THREAD. XX

Found the number for ofcom, tesco said I should ring them, monday first thing I am on the phone.

Sky will of course have to foot the bill as I will have to use a mobile, due to no bleeding line of course, payg isnt cheap !!!!!!!

Dont know what 0300 on a payg costs.

To show ofcom how hard I have tried to get all parties to liase and sort this out for me, to prove sky arnt even responding to me I have forwarded the email to sky support and forwarded it again to jeremy darroch and again to sky support, so both ares of sky should be quite aware this is serious as my line is still down and openreach wouldnt along with cable and wireless and tesco say sky were the problem if not the case.

I mean how many people here would not be at their wits ends if after your line goes down twice as a result of sky and they just leave you with no apology even after a week and a half with another week possibly to wait?