Phone/bband farce ends in Sky slamms phone line(finally admitted) **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had to ring them today as received a bill for 45.oo and I must admit I thought am I going to have to battle over this to get it zerod and the stress was building up even before got throug to stephanie.

But pleasantly got a suprise, they got my number again as easier to ring me back and they did. Was told to then hold on whilst supervisor was zeroing the account and must admit after eight minutes was wondering why they couldnt have rung me when done it, but in any case I wasnt paying for the call so patiently held on.

Told me as cancelled in cancellation period I would be refunded my original 28.00 paid on card and then sent 17.00 cheque back to address. So went from owing money to getting refund.

Got another call to me then asking me to ring them on 1/8 and they would release the cheque then, must admit confused as to why need to ring once more, but decided just to do it if remember due to fact have memory problems. Some confusion over going to refund cheque and then being told have to ring in, but apparantly its administration.

Just hope I remember to call them;)

Have to say it was a pity someone like stephanie was not dealing with me all along, maybe she would have sorted out the problems, as when said she would ring back, she did and that made all the difference.

So hopefully alls well that ends well, if someone from sky is popping in I did flag this thread, then maybe they could put a little note to chase this up on my behalf on 1/8 to refund me anything owed. Thanks xx

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Alls Well That Ends Well At 08.30 This Moring According To Tesco/cable And Wireless Sky Slammed My Line. I Have No Line Have Had To Top Up 40.00 On My Mobile, 40.00 Roughly To Get Broadband Tmobile Payg Dongle Etc.....

And More Importantly My Fall Detector Will Now Not Work.

Worse to come despite tesco telling me my worst fears had come true, sky will hear none of it, they say not their fault.

So I ask you why were tescos about to send out a sorry you are leaving letter, not on my behalf I add, but obvioulsy due to nature of take over they can only presume I want to leave.

I asked them last time due to not trusting sky to actually discontinue the takeover and my fears my alarm would be put at risk again, could tesco put some sort of block on and told not possible. Same as the only way you can stop an energy slamming is if you owe them money, as my account is up to date with tesco, no block is on.

Cable and wireless/tesco want me to go to ofcom, anyone know what to do?

In the mean time I have put sky on notice I will sue them for costs and distress caused, I mean if this keeps happeneing to me it can happen to others.

Anyone need any hair? I am losing mine through the stress:mad:

Sky will not liase with cable and wireless who could tell them straight away how it happened. They will not take it from me what I say is with some knowledge gained from the last failed take over and the fact the incompatibilty is obvously still there llu llu issue, therefore as they slammed my line it has been cut and they t hen say openreach have said I have a valid line. Oh, you can ring my number from my mobile and hear ring ring in earpeice of mobile, but due to line cut somewhere it doesnt ring to me at the phone, same as before.

I can only hope tesco will help again and have obvoulsy been asked to be patient.

Refer to post 74 and my concern over the text and letter saying 23/7 but could take 14 days. Today was within that time. So whoever is responsible for liasing with messages sent to however it works as to who you are with has not done it. I mean I dont understand it but something must have been said or computer sent to tesco/cable and wireless for them to think I have left today.

I believe and correct me if wrong that sky have informed tesco computer way or wise that on 23/7 or up to 14 days from text as said, I still have it, that they are taking me over.

Because as said before tesco were sending sorry you are leaving letter and said had no way of blocking a slamming take over.

HELP xxxxx

I NOW KNOW WHAT HAPPENED as it has gone pretty high up in tesco and cable adn wireless.

Sky did in fact cancel the order however they do it digitaly etc.....

However:-x and this is the biggy, they didnt cancel the cease order:-x:-x

When order is placed to take over they send an order and a cease order. Both according to regulatory authorities have to be cancelled by the provider who would have been taking over the line.

SKY DIDNT DO SO AND THEREFORE PUT US AT RISK KNOWING OF MY FALL DETECTOR.

I understand certain people only have the knowledge they see on a screen, but even I could see something had been communicated and not cancelled adn as a precog would I saw this was going to happne. I begged them to make sure they didnt accidently cut my line.

Sky like very much in passing the buck to current provider who are limited to what they can do as sky havnt cancelled the cease order as regulated under ofcom or whatever.

I have emailed sky, they are aware of this thread adn I have been advised by tesco management that they will back me going to regualtory authortites and in whatever action i see fit.

As it is a new line to set up takes up to three weeks and not something tesco normally do, however they have asked me to be patient which is fair enough and they will try to liase with cable and wireless to set up a brand new line hopefully within three to four days.;)

SO THE STATEMENT SKY SLAMMED MY LINE IS VERY VERY ACCURATE.

Thee to four working days I add and as my alarm is dead as a do do adn wont work, I am feeling like giving it back to the council, whats the point. Its off more than on lately.

So my phone wont work for at least a weeks as its friday today. Fair play to tesco, they at least are the good guys again and obviously know what they are talking about.

Well sky should hold their heads in shame xx

How does the song go?

'Sorry seems to be the hardest word';)

They dont like as they told me last time when hinting for an apology 'well companies dont like to admit fault do they?' Uhhm actually some do and how they deal with the customer makes the difference. After all it was sky who said that.

They like to tell you your current provider is to blame and when you point out a person like me is goint to then get onto that other company, relay what said and well if the infomation is incorect it will be realised and then of course they will ring you again.

Sky arnt up there in the sky in my book they are right down here on the ground, you know the one with the great big bleeding stone wall around them incapable of admitting errors that effect the lives of people like me:-x.

I have just speant over 46 minutes on the phone to sky talk, who had me on hold for a long time adn then said after listening to me, that it doesnt work like that. He said he knew what a cease order is and also that when they cancel an order it doesnt invlove them cancelling a supposed cease order, even though he knows what one is.

I asked him to at least consider something must have gone wrong and despite emails I am getting no reply adn that sky could have been responsible and he said it doesnt work like that.

I asked him was he willing apparantly a manager to put in writing how it works, how they acted and that as he said tesco and cable and wireless have told me incorrect info, he said he didnt have authority.

I say tesco are willing to put it in writing, so doesnt that count for something. Sky are willing to blame a company and state nothing to do with them, yet not put it in pen and ink when asked.

I said politely to him that maybe if he didnt have the authority then maybe it was possible he didnt know the full ins and outs of the cease order needing to be cancelled by sky. I get the impression they just thing one large order was raised and when it was cancelled that was an end to it.

So if say for instance tesco as I believe them had nowt to do with it and they have said they would love me to stay their customer and they will do all they can to help get me up and running again, then why were sky not as helpful.

His last comment was well I suppose we will have to leave it to otello to decide. I said actually its ofcom I am going to.

I found something called 'provide and then cease' and 'cease and then provide' relating to numbers.

My alarm sounded about 08.15 08.30 and the alarm went off after fifteen mins approxiamtely it came back on again and I put it down to little falut with line.

About a few mins later the line went down again and thats when it didnt get reinstalled.

So there are two parts to it and I think guessing it sounds like provide and then cease. My line went dead but came back and then went dead again.

Or if cease and then provide, I dont know :confused: how does that work with the line going down twice, faulty cut, no doesnt make sence.

So however it works there is something in this provide and then cease instructions. He said it doesnt work like that, and in other cases he is probably right, but I was an llu bundle going over to llu bundle adn cable was involved. This reference involves cable cease and provide.

Now if no provide was on offer as had been cancelled by sky, how did my phone line go dead come back and then go dead permanantly. Something had to have been requested.

Now I am not tech telecoms person, but I know one thing, neither are most of the people looking at skys computers:p

Yes we will have to leave it to the regulators, but I know one thing.

I AM NOT AT FAULT AND SURELY THATS WHAT MATTERS, WHY WERNT SKY WANTING TO MAKE SURE MY LINE DID NOT GO DEAD.

Wow!! loopinlouie, you must be going for a record of some sort, thats 45 posts with only 5 others amongst them :p

If you read it all at some points, you will see I am doing this as a record for myself. My memory is not good due to seizures as in date and time and names etc....So I note soon after also hoping someone will have a clue what sky were up to. As this has been a complicated issue there probably wont be many posts unless sky want to add that is.

To be honest slight you didnt have to post as to be honest I have been asking for advice adn as I dont rate your advice on certain issues regarding what you sell, whihc is a product you earn money on, then I wont worry too much of your opinion.

This blog sort of paints a piccy also of what its done to me and how Ive been let down and put at risk. The reason there are so many posts is there have been so many calls to tesco and sky, simples xx

Remeber shining light when me and other posters were adding when things go wrong and if your telecoms etc are linked with you energy etc etc and how if the situation got nasty or untolerable how hard it would be to unbundle them or move on, well my opinion holds. In my experience Ive had enough trouble with just a phone line and broadband, imagine if sky were heating my bleeding house too:eek:

Calm down loopinlouie, I was only joking about the amount of posts, (notice the smiley face?). I am aware of your situation as you mentioned it before.

It seems there are some on this forum who are happy to "dish it out" but can't even take a joke themselves.

You say you don't care for my opinion and that is your choice, I don't give a rats a**e ;) (you don't know me but are happy to judge me). I have only ever given "unbiased" advice and have always tried to be friendly and helpful. (If you think I have ever given "dodgy" advice perhaps you could refresh my memory as I certainly am not aware of it).

It has been implied that I (and every other UW distributors) are unhelpful, untrustworthy and dishonest....totally unnecessary!! also totally wrong!

I can't speak for other distributors but I keep in touch with many of my customers to ensure they are happy with everything and to help/advise them where necessary. I haven't heard of any other company doing this!

You don't like bundled services and again, that is your choice, however many do like it. On the whole the majority of my customers are very happy, they pay their bills, they read their meters and call them in and they receive a good service in return.

Yes, I get paid, but then so do the agents for all the other companies so I guess you probably don't trust any of them either.....which must make life very difficult for you.

I trust a lot of companies, till they let me down;)

ps. No I didnt notice the smiley face, been a difficult week, sorry was about the rant as probably been a bit too sensitive. Didnt help me in the middle of the city centre getting a call whilst getting my mobile dongle from this woman from sky who didnt have clue, plus she kept calling me by my first name which she didnt have premission to do and came accross condesending, said after insiting sky were not at fault that she was trying to help me. Some help;)

So things got a bit too much when realises how the line is going to be down and sky dont give a sh** other than insist nowt to do with them. I mean and I am ranting again:pImagine this two occassions when sky give rough date/time frame to take over line, one wanted one not and second supposedly stopped in advance riight. Your phone line goes dead on both occassions and you ring them up and they say nope contact your provider. Who in turn confimrs not their fault and trace the error to sky via cable and wireless.

Sky still say nope, it doesnt work like that. Well maybe they are right it doesnt work like that on llu llu bundles, because they keep cutting the bleeding line:D Anotherwords they dont understand it themselves and okay they probably successfully deal with loads and loads of customers who transfer okay, but and the big but is when it goes wrong they will not admit an error on their part has occured and happily leave you floating down the swanny.

I am looking very forward to receiving the information from cable and wireless of all the communications and explanation of how it should work, maybe sky should read it up and learn xx:D

Sky for customer services sh*t

Sky for blaming other companies disgusting

Sky for placing orders, very keen:rolleyes:

Sky for cutting peoples phone lines in error, very good at that:mad:

Sky for despite being told there is evidence that they are at fault, condesending and dismisive:mad:

At least I am now laughing again, what else is there to do. I mean the chief executives office of sky needs a good kick up the backside and hopefully ofcom and telco will do that for me as cable and wireless and tesco want to back me, they are very very keen;):D

So sky can say when any error occurs, check with your supplier and fob you off its someone elses fault. Yet when told you have evidence it is them and you are told by another firm it is deffo their fault, they dont like it up them do they:D:D

Mobile cost so far 40.00

Internet dongle 35.00

Taxis to and from getting dongle think it was approx 10.00 (kept receipts):)

Cost since both errors resulting in horrendous phone calls ping ponging when phone line was up, lost count, but will get the information and add it on.

Cost per hour for my chasing them £9.45 for each bleeding hour I believe. Do they realise how long I have been on the phone to them and tesco sorting this out, you wouldnt believe it:eek:

Cost of distress, well I dont know yet. I was desperately relieved when the line came back on last time, but when it went down again, I cried literally. Imagine it summer hols and son an xbox live ADDICT who nags the sh** out of mum the first time it goes down for changing to sky in the first place, he blamed me and shouted the house down. :(

Imagine same child being told that he cant communicate with his xbox friends in america or even the next bleeding road because its down for at least a week:eek: He went bonkers and of course its all mums fault at first, then he listens in to a few calls and has a bit more sympathy for me.

But yep he and I have every right to after being ignored by them the first time and thinking at least we are back on and going to avoid them thank god, then it goes down again after confirmation they will leave us alone and cancelled, we are now FUMING FUMING.

I think its gone past human error which to be fair happenes and with a little of helpful customer services anyone even when inconvinienced eventually gets over it, but that it there was no help from sky and they in my opinion are incompatent.

They say they dont consider it technically slamming, I do. Whatever they consider it, I consider it a vast pee take from them. I know tesco considre it slamming and I agree, let the regulators decide because as they are ignoring me I have no choice. xx

I also believe tesco/cable and wireless should charge them for all costs involved in putting a new line in for me and for the last time. They are at the moment trying their best to keep my phone number as its gone into some sort of pot and this could take time, so I agreed if they can get it on with less hastle then best just take what number they can get me.

Ps. I keep doing individual posts for some reason my dongle doesnt like me editing posts, it shuts down.

And sky although I now have internet which you should repay for, and not forgetting the cost of my services to tesco which I cannot bleeding use, this dongle is painfully slow at the moment.

I also remember the issue of when I queried why tesco had not told me it was a cable and wireless service and that it mattered to me, which in any case I now realise they dont have to tell me and it works anyhow so fuss over nothing. What caused the fuss?

Yep helpful sky testing my line telling me, oh, your not with bt in any way shape or form the said, they have changed you to cable and wireless without telling you. I said isnt that naughty and sky said yes you have a right to know. So what did I do? Get straight on the phone to tesco getting het up about something which didnt matter anyhow. The bit about not being witt bt in anyshape or form was also misguided as the line is still bt from exchange to house.

So because I thought sky were more upfront I let them take me over as lost trust with tesco thinking I was entitled to know more than I was.

So hastle over nowt that led to hastle over something else.......

Sky not being able to successfully realise some bundled customers might have conflicts which make errors occur that need an engineer to sort. What do you do, send one? Remember the engineer who came to me said he could have sorted the problem for sky if they had bothered to send him, but no good old tesco took the trouble and helped me.

Sky tv dept who had a supervisor who previously worked in skytalk supposedly was helping me due to skytalk stonewalling me. He seemed to know there was a problem which needed emergency engineer to the exchange. They said they were sorting it and I heared nothing.

They also promised me half price telly then rang me back to tell me, yep tell me that i didnt live in Ireland. NOT AN INTELLIGENT CALL. At that point and with the none existant engineer till tesco took over, I decided to have nothing to do with them. I mean I was carp at geography at school, but always funny enough mangaed to know my estate/town or whatever was in england not Ireland.

Hint for sky customer services. Look on your screen, yep look at address, yept the one with the post code, does it say Ireland? Uhhm hhm Nope it doesnt.:D Ha Ha.

Got an email from a gent from sky in I believe cheif exec office, anyhow it goes along the lines of when sky cancels the order that is it, and skys and bts records show as such. Also that they are sorry I am being misled that sky is at fault:confused:

Right so I emailed him back and typed waiving data protection and all such and put the phone number of the network manager from tesco who has been doing his best my end and said talk to each other.

Why are two such big companies blaming the other. Sky clearly told me tescos is at fault and then got touchy at me recording the call previously then said when aware that we wouldnt want to apportion blame. Yet they now belive I am being misled by tesco/calbe and wireless.

So I think I have done the right thing, they both have the opportunity to talk without stressing me out and I added who is at fault could then get back to me for out of pocket expenses and distress, I think thats fair enough. By the way I did voicemail the tesco gent and warn him sky might ring him, if they can be bothered that is, we will see xx

I mean otello, ofcom can see I as a non employee of these firms have been worn out and done my best. If they dont want to help the alternative is court and sue who responsible if someone wont jsut put their hands up and say ooppps sorry this is what we will do to put it right.

As it is hoping my line goes up again soon, we noticed an openreach van at the exchange a couple of hours ago and hoped it was for us, but the line didnt come back on, probably another job or it us, they will find the mapping issue that took so long to fix last time is there again.

Actually as going to be new line, mapping probably not an issue and its all going over my head a little now.

One thing to point out sky were going to instate a bt line, when I was on cable and wireless prevoulsy. When sky cancel there work with openreach if any error happens then I know one thing it is not my fault. If openreach have ceased a line on behalf of old instruction from sky, then sky still bite the bullet. Remember openreach work for all networks, how hard is it to get two telecom companies liasing when order cancelled due to duff take over, sky again I believe not sending engineer out as promised the first time.

I personally believe skys people apart from the openreach dudes doing the actual work, dont understand what the hell happens. Why I presume would cable and wireless and sky have conflicting reasons for line going dead.

After all we are only talking about the equipment at the exchange surely. How is one telecom company able to say the first failed take over traces to work half done by engineer on behalf of the other sky, and another engineer had to be sent from tesco to put it right. The line was then reinstated to tesco.

Now the line has gone dead again and ceased, who is this little gremlin who pulled the plug or whatever, someone is responsible.

Hi guest xx