• Tweets

• What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

A&L then MBNA now AIC hassle.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I have ended up with debt problems due to redundancy, excess borrowing, consolidation and now loss of income due to ill health. I was stupid and have tried to get my kids to avoid my mistakes. :(

I am dealing with several creditors and most have been understanding.

I had an Alliance and Leicester CC £6.500 in debt, with an arrangement to pay £60pm, MBNA took over the debt and I kept the arrangement up until Feb. 10 when I could only pay £30. I paid the second £30 a bit late and was told my account had been passed to AIC. Nothing in writing, AIC started hassling, I contacted MBNA who said AIC were their agents, and when pressed said "yes, sold to AIC". Nothing in writing.

MBNA wrote to me closing the account and terminating our arrangement in April 2010 but no mention of AIC.

May/June AIC hassle started to make me ill. I told AIC to take me to court, he rang a bit less aggressively a week later but the stress made me ill (genuinely) and I told him to write. I wrote to them asking for a copy of CCA with £1 postal order. They have written back saying they are only acting on behalf of MBNA and "to enable MBNA to provide the documentation", I need to write to MBNA customer Advocate Team and send them £1. I do not trust AIC.

I don't know what to do next.

Rocky

They have failed to comply with the CCA request (they should have passed it on to their client).

Send them the account in dispute letter from this site's templates library and, if you want to do so, stop making payments until they provide you with a compliant copy of the agreement.

Don't speak to these people over the telephone (if they call simply refuse to answer their security questions). Put everything in writing and make sure that you send any letters either recorded delivery or get proof of postage from the Post Office counter.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

This one doesn't seem to be following the usual course.

My cc account was being chased by AIC to whom I sent a CCA request.

They replied "ask MBNA" and I sent the dispute letter to AIC as they were representatives of the OC?

They passed it to Aegis.

I sent in dispute letter.

Heard no more until this year when Wescot are chasing for Bank of America.

I sent the dispute letter and they replied with "client has no knowledge of dispute".

Well they won't 'cause the dispute was with AIC/OC?

What's the best course of action?

- Ask Bank of America for a copy of the cca?

- Leave it as in dispute?

Help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rocky

ignore me thinks

does this show on your CRA file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

More confusion.

I have checked my credit report and this CC is not on it.

I have now received a letter from mbna assigning the account to arrow global Guernsey limited with a totally new account number?

The amount being chased is the same.

A letter also arrived from arrow with notice of assignment, also says that I should pay wescot, or notify them "if the amount is incorrect or not owed, with all relevant information".

There is a data protection act fair processing notice on the back.

Do I need to dispute again? or wait and see?

What are arrow global like?

Does being based in Guernsey have a bearing?

Cheers,

Rocky

dear sir

there is no debt to answer

is sb'ed and doesn't appear on my cra file either

please advise soonest as it appears you are trying to fleece me with a debt that is not mine.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no thats the result of SB'ed

unless the oc wrote the debt off years ago and marked the file as such

if it dont show on your cra fil

thats typically the reason

dx

and they

it can if MBNA never reported the payments to the cra or anyone

then it'll be more than 6yrs since last payment to the OC.

there is something fishy going on

esp the new and unknown account number from MBNA to AIC

so how do punters not deem it sb'ed then in these cases?

just because 'some company' comes up with an agreement - that means nothing to payments made.

when was the card taken out in the first place?

dx

and they

Hi all, here is my diary of communications over this account:

ID CallID CallDate Notes

07/06/2010 CCA request sent to AIC

10/06/2010 AIC letter says only acting on behalf of MBNA - Write to them, you still owe the money.

16/06/2010 Wrote to AIC: you confirmed you are unable to supply CCA. In default of my request, bog off and return my £1.

24/08/2010 Calls have been continuing a few times a week on my mobile and home phone. No more letters.

08/09/2010 Letter: Aegis has the account, offered 60% settlement and will mark my credit agency file as partialy paid and stop chasing me. DGA thread

10/09/2010 Sent dispute letter to Aegis. Dispute with AIC since 16.06.10. Send back to AIC or MBNA and stop chasing. Posted on 14/09/10 first class recorded.

01/08/2011 Letter from mbna - we are taking further action - will pass to a collection agency.

26/08/2011 Letter from Wescot on behalf of Bank of America, pay immediately or ring us to make an arrangement to avoid Wescot taking further action.

26/08/2011 Wrote to Wescot - have had no dealings with Bank of America. Amend your records and acknowledge.

05/09/2011 Letter from Wescot: query acknowledged. Will suspend and get back to you.

08/09/2011 Letter from Wescot: account is ex Alliance and Leicester card. Dispute is therefore resolved, pay up or contact within 14 days if you think you have a valid dispute.

19/09/2011 Letter to Wescot; If A&L account what authority does B of A have to persue it?

24/09/2011 Letter from Wescot: When you signed the contract with our client, T&C's in your contract say may be passed to a third party.

24/09/2011 Replied: No contract signed with BofA, In dispute with A&L since 10/06/10. Get lost.

12/10/2011 Letter from Wescot: acknowledged query. Won't chase.

13/10/2011 Letter from Wescot: Client has no record of dispute,Please provide further details co they can investigate further. Account on hold for 30 days to await your response.

23/01/2012 Letter from MBNA: account no. xxxxxxxxxxxx ? notice of assignment to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited. Letter from Arrow Global Notice of assignment £6xxxx. Wescot to collect debt.

24/01/2012 Dag thread continued.

The card was taken out in 2007 and payments made until April 2010 when AIC took over and started the bullying.

Rocky

Hi all, here is my diary of communications over this account:

ID CallID CallDate Notes

07/06/2010 CCA request sent to AIC

10/06/2010 AIC letter says only acting on behalf of MBNA - Write to them, you still owe the money.

16/06/2010 Wrote to AIC: you confirmed you are unable to supply CCA. In default of my request, bog off and return my £1.

24/08/2010 Calls have been continuing a few times a week on my mobile and home phone. No more letters.

08/09/2010 Letter: Aegis has the account, offered 60% settlement and will mark my credit agency file as partialy paid and stop chasing me. DGA thread

10/09/2010 Sent dispute letter to Aegis. Dispute with AIC since 16.06.10. Send back to AIC or MBNA and stop chasing. Posted on 14/09/10 first class recorded.

01/08/2011 Letter from mbna - we are taking further action - will pass to a collection agency.

26/08/2011 Letter from Wescot on behalf of Bank of America, pay immediately or ring us to make an arrangement to avoid Wescot taking further action.

26/08/2011 Wrote to Wescot - have had no dealings with Bank of America. Amend your records and acknowledge.

05/09/2011 Letter from Wescot: query acknowledged. Will suspend and get back to you.

08/09/2011 Letter from Wescot: account is ex Alliance and Leicester card. Dispute is therefore resolved, pay up or contact within 14 days if you think you have a valid dispute.

19/09/2011 Letter to Wescot; If A&L account what authority does B of A have to persue it?

24/09/2011 Letter from Wescot: When you signed the contract with our client, T&C's in your contract say may be passed to a third party.

24/09/2011 Replied: No contract signed with BofA, In dispute with A&L since 10/06/10. Get lost.

12/10/2011 Letter from Wescot: acknowledged query. Won't chase.

13/10/2011 Letter from Wescot: Client has no record of dispute,Please provide further details co they can investigate further. Account on hold for 30 days to await your response.

23/01/2012 Letter from MBNA: account no. xxxxxxxxxxxx ? notice of assignment to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited. Letter from Arrow Global Notice of assignment £6xxxx. Wescot to collect debt.

24/01/2012 Dag thread continued.

The card was taken out in 2007 and payments made until April 2010 when AIC took over and started the bullying.

there's your answer you didn't mention the discount letter did you?

no DCA offers a discount unless there is something wrong that prevents them from going to court

it will be:

debt is mostly Penalty charges/PPI

or

paperwork errors

or

its sb'ed

thats the clincher

i've only known one discounted debt ever go to court and i think they lost!

game over.

ignore everyone

dx

• Confused 1

and they

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

I got a letter of assignment - my first one - from MBNA selling this account to Arrowe Global.The account is in dispute due to no enforceable cca.

Rossendales have now written demanding payment in 7 days or a proposal, or recovery action will commence. I was going to send them the dispute letter but there is no address on the letter.

I have heard that Rossendales and Arrowe are b******s. What should I do please?

Cheers,

Rocky

rossers?

mustbe their dca wing then?

you've had a discount letter

ignore them

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...