A&L then MBNA now AIC hassle.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I have ended up with debt problems due to redundancy, excess borrowing, consolidation and now loss of income due to ill health. I was stupid and have tried to get my kids to avoid my mistakes. :(

I am dealing with several creditors and most have been understanding.

I had an Alliance and Leicester CC £6.500 in debt, with an arrangement to pay £60pm, MBNA took over the debt and I kept the arrangement up until Feb. 10 when I could only pay £30. I paid the second £30 a bit late and was told my account had been passed to AIC. Nothing in writing, AIC started hassling, I contacted MBNA who said AIC were their agents, and when pressed said "yes, sold to AIC". Nothing in writing.

MBNA wrote to me closing the account and terminating our arrangement in April 2010 but no mention of AIC.

May/June AIC hassle started to make me ill. I told AIC to take me to court, he rang a bit less aggressively a week later but the stress made me ill (genuinely) and I told him to write. I wrote to them asking for a copy of CCA with £1 postal order. They have written back saying they are only acting on behalf of MBNA and "to enable MBNA to provide the documentation", I need to write to MBNA customer Advocate Team and send them £1. I do not trust AIC.

I don't know what to do next.

Rocky

They have failed to comply with the CCA request (they should have passed it on to their client).

Send them the account in dispute letter from this site's templates library and, if you want to do so, stop making payments until they provide you with a compliant copy of the agreement.

Don't speak to these people over the telephone (if they call simply refuse to answer their security questions). Put everything in writing and make sure that you send any letters either recorded delivery or get proof of postage from the Post Office counter.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

This one doesn't seem to be following the usual course.

My cc account was being chased by AIC to whom I sent a CCA request.

They replied "ask MBNA" and I sent the dispute letter to AIC as they were representatives of the OC?

They passed it to Aegis.

I sent in dispute letter.

Heard no more until this year when Wescot are chasing for Bank of America.

I sent the dispute letter and they replied with "client has no knowledge of dispute".

Well they won't 'cause the dispute was with AIC/OC?

What's the best course of action?

- Ask Bank of America for a copy of the cca?

- Leave it as in dispute?

Help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rocky

ignore me thinks

does this show on your CRA file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

More confusion.

I have checked my credit report and this CC is not on it.

I have now received a letter from mbna assigning the account to arrow global Guernsey limited with a totally new account number?

The amount being chased is the same.

A letter also arrived from arrow with notice of assignment, also says that I should pay wescot, or notify them "if the amount is incorrect or not owed, with all relevant information".

There is a data protection act fair processing notice on the back.

Do I need to dispute again? or wait and see?

What are arrow global like?

Does being based in Guernsey have a bearing?

Cheers,

Rocky

dear sir

there is no debt to answer

is sb'ed and doesn't appear on my cra file either

please advise soonest as it appears you are trying to fleece me with a debt that is not mine.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no thats the result of SB'ed

unless the oc wrote the debt off years ago and marked the file as such

if it dont show on your cra fil

thats typically the reason

dx

and they

it can if MBNA never reported the payments to the cra or anyone

then it'll be more than 6yrs since last payment to the OC.

there is something fishy going on

esp the new and unknown account number from MBNA to AIC

so how do punters not deem it sb'ed then in these cases?

just because 'some company' comes up with an agreement - that means nothing to payments made.

when was the card taken out in the first place?

dx

and they

Hi all, here is my diary of communications over this account:

ID CallID CallDate Notes

07/06/2010 CCA request sent to AIC

10/06/2010 AIC letter says only acting on behalf of MBNA - Write to them, you still owe the money.

16/06/2010 Wrote to AIC: you confirmed you are unable to supply CCA. In default of my request, bog off and return my £1.

24/08/2010 Calls have been continuing a few times a week on my mobile and home phone. No more letters.

08/09/2010 Letter: Aegis has the account, offered 60% settlement and will mark my credit agency file as partialy paid and stop chasing me. DGA thread

10/09/2010 Sent dispute letter to Aegis. Dispute with AIC since 16.06.10. Send back to AIC or MBNA and stop chasing. Posted on 14/09/10 first class recorded.

01/08/2011 Letter from mbna - we are taking further action - will pass to a collection agency.

26/08/2011 Letter from Wescot on behalf of Bank of America, pay immediately or ring us to make an arrangement to avoid Wescot taking further action.

26/08/2011 Wrote to Wescot - have had no dealings with Bank of America. Amend your records and acknowledge.

05/09/2011 Letter from Wescot: query acknowledged. Will suspend and get back to you.

08/09/2011 Letter from Wescot: account is ex Alliance and Leicester card. Dispute is therefore resolved, pay up or contact within 14 days if you think you have a valid dispute.

19/09/2011 Letter to Wescot; If A&L account what authority does B of A have to persue it?

24/09/2011 Letter from Wescot: When you signed the contract with our client, T&C's in your contract say may be passed to a third party.

24/09/2011 Replied: No contract signed with BofA, In dispute with A&L since 10/06/10. Get lost.

12/10/2011 Letter from Wescot: acknowledged query. Won't chase.

13/10/2011 Letter from Wescot: Client has no record of dispute,Please provide further details co they can investigate further. Account on hold for 30 days to await your response.

23/01/2012 Letter from MBNA: account no. xxxxxxxxxxxx ? notice of assignment to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited. Letter from Arrow Global Notice of assignment £6xxxx. Wescot to collect debt.

24/01/2012 Dag thread continued.

The card was taken out in 2007 and payments made until April 2010 when AIC took over and started the bullying.

Rocky

Hi all, here is my diary of communications over this account:

ID CallID CallDate Notes

07/06/2010 CCA request sent to AIC

10/06/2010 AIC letter says only acting on behalf of MBNA - Write to them, you still owe the money.

16/06/2010 Wrote to AIC: you confirmed you are unable to supply CCA. In default of my request, bog off and return my £1.

24/08/2010 Calls have been continuing a few times a week on my mobile and home phone. No more letters.

08/09/2010 Letter: Aegis has the account, offered 60% settlement and will mark my credit agency file as partialy paid and stop chasing me. DGA thread

10/09/2010 Sent dispute letter to Aegis. Dispute with AIC since 16.06.10. Send back to AIC or MBNA and stop chasing. Posted on 14/09/10 first class recorded.

01/08/2011 Letter from mbna - we are taking further action - will pass to a collection agency.

26/08/2011 Letter from Wescot on behalf of Bank of America, pay immediately or ring us to make an arrangement to avoid Wescot taking further action.

26/08/2011 Wrote to Wescot - have had no dealings with Bank of America. Amend your records and acknowledge.

05/09/2011 Letter from Wescot: query acknowledged. Will suspend and get back to you.

08/09/2011 Letter from Wescot: account is ex Alliance and Leicester card. Dispute is therefore resolved, pay up or contact within 14 days if you think you have a valid dispute.

19/09/2011 Letter to Wescot; If A&L account what authority does B of A have to persue it?

24/09/2011 Letter from Wescot: When you signed the contract with our client, T&C's in your contract say may be passed to a third party.

24/09/2011 Replied: No contract signed with BofA, In dispute with A&L since 10/06/10. Get lost.

12/10/2011 Letter from Wescot: acknowledged query. Won't chase.

13/10/2011 Letter from Wescot: Client has no record of dispute,Please provide further details co they can investigate further. Account on hold for 30 days to await your response.

23/01/2012 Letter from MBNA: account no. xxxxxxxxxxxx ? notice of assignment to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited. Letter from Arrow Global Notice of assignment £6xxxx. Wescot to collect debt.

24/01/2012 Dag thread continued.

The card was taken out in 2007 and payments made until April 2010 when AIC took over and started the bullying.

there's your answer you didn't mention the discount letter did you?

no DCA offers a discount unless there is something wrong that prevents them from going to court

it will be:

debt is mostly Penalty charges/PPI

or

paperwork errors

or

its sb'ed

thats the clincher

i've only known one discounted debt ever go to court and i think they lost!

game over.

ignore everyone

dx

• Confused 1

and they

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

I got a letter of assignment - my first one - from MBNA selling this account to Arrowe Global.The account is in dispute due to no enforceable cca.

Rossendales have now written demanding payment in 7 days or a proposal, or recovery action will commence. I was going to send them the dispute letter but there is no address on the letter.

I have heard that Rossendales and Arrowe are b******s. What should I do please?

Cheers,

Rocky

rossers?

mustbe their dca wing then?

you've had a discount letter

ignore them

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...