Asda Customer Service,(Rubbish)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought my spectacles prescription from Asda (Carlisle), some eight months ago.

On Saturday 29/05/2010,I opened the case to remove my glasses,and on doing so the arm detached itself from the rim.

Took the spectacles back to Asda and was met with a minion who had a real attitude problem, and didn,t attempt to hide it. Upshot of which was "tough",nothing we can do.

Where do I stand with this,as she tried to blame me for the failure in the manufacture of these spectacles.Surely I should be able to open my spectacles without the arm falling off. Would it do any good to insist on seeing the manager of the store?

In any case I am furious at the way I was treated.

Advice please,and what are my rights.

many thanks.............Bownesslass.:mad::mad::mad:

Go straight to head office and by pass the miserable employee. I to be fair get mine on prescription, but due to seizures and forgetfullness they take quite a bashing. I have had them repaired umpteen times and they didnt even charge nhs for it, but that was specsavers. Would asda glasses want to be seen as lower standard than specsavers ask :D

To be honest if break that easily dont sound good quality anyhow, so they should sort it.xx

The flipside is you have to prove there is a defect in the product you bought. I know the spectacles that won't last just by looking at them. If they sat in the case for most of the time, I might agree with you there would be a problem, but 24x7 use...? Any problem could be lack of care, falling on your face outside the pub, letting the kids play with it.... should this entitle you to a free set of replacement frames? I think not.

They will have a duty to investigate, but like mobile phones if they say the defect is caused by external forces (than, say a hinge weakness) you haven't a leg to stand on.

The flipside is you have to prove there is a defect in the product you bought. I know the spectacles that won't last just by looking at them. If they sat in the case for most of the time, I might agree with you there would be a problem, but 24x7 use...? Any problem could be lack of care, falling on your face outside the pub, letting the kids play with it.... should this entitle you to a free set of replacement frames? I think not.

They will have a duty to investigate, but like mobile phones if they say the defect is caused by external forces (than, say a hinge weakness) you haven't a leg to stand on.

Buzby!! I know what youare saying, but the thing is I do not drink ,or fall on my face, or have any kids,cause I have reached 68 yrs and have left all that behind me.

As I said before!! I should be able to open the spectacles without the arm falling off . In a nutshell you are saying that I have no rights at all. I was under the impression that there is a twelve month warranty on what a person purchases.

Ok Ray!! Many thanks for info ....Bownesslass.

No you have full rights - but you have to balance them with what you pay and how they are treated. I use wighty frames because I need the strength of larger hinges, and a fair chance that if I accidentally sat on them, they would not disintegrate.

If this particular frame had an inherent fault, the lens lab will know of this and offer a replacement. If there is no issues, they will either repair or replace as required, but whether they charge for it is up to them. If they believe misuse - say a hinge being over extended - then that is not covered. All you can do is ask, and if the shop says no - get them to seek a higher authority. If that doesn;t bring satisfaction, your only recourse is to the Small Claims Court, and this brings no guarantee of success.