style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just read the article and get the same impression.

Though this makes my laugh

Residents who receive calls which they think might be suspicious should contact the council first to clarify if the call was genuine and, if not, report the matter to the police.
The first thing the Council would say if you called and mentioned bailiffs is "it is out of our hands now, you must deal with the bailiff, GOOD BYE"

I've just read the article and get the same impression.

Though this makes my laugh The first thing the Council would say if you called and mentioned bailiffs is "it is out of our hands now, you must deal with the bailiff, GOOD BYE"

My thoughts exactly

I remember this one from several years ago. People knocking doors as bailiffs demanding unpaid council tax. Police said it was civil matter and the council wouldnt cooperate hiding behind the data protection act.

It turned out to be a council employee passing unpaid tax accounts to his mates who go round collecting them before the real bailiffs were assigned. Police were rapped for not paying attention, as soon as you mention the word "bailiffs" the police go ZZZzzzzzz.

Professional property investor and conveyancer

Bogus bailiffs threaten Portslade residents over ‘unpaid’ council tax | Brighton and Hove News

I sometimes wonder if these are ex bailiffs or bailiffs who are greedy, they certainly know how the system works.

Sadly, this is actually quote common. See below:

Bogus bailiff pair con OAP (From Bournemouth Echo)