style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If they have passed themselves off as cops the local plod will hate that as it's their sole right to bully & persecute people so they will almost certainly give them a severe talking to but don't expect much more

Guest HeftyHippo

after the police comes the newspaper and bad publicity - first for the scumbags, then the police. after all, if the police can't/won't tackle those who imitate them, they won't protect the rest of us from those who rob us will they?

after the police comes the newspaper and bad publicity - first for the scumbags, then the police. after all, if the police can't/won't tackle those who imitate them, they won't protect the rest of us from those who rob us will they?

Where you bin:-o They already DON'T protect us from those who rob us. Phone the cops to report a crime & chances are you'll be the one arrested:-x

Thats what you would like to think.. Ive heard it a few times now where the bailiff has said that they have a warrant for their arrest and a van is waiting to take them to the police station for such things as council tax and parking fines.

Marston, Philips, Swift and another one in wales (Excel maybe?) can and do 'carry out' arrest warrants for magistrates fines

Marston, Philips, Swift and another one in wales (Excel maybe?) can and do 'carry out' arrest warrants for magistrates fines

And?? Im sure I mentioned council tax and parking.. hang on I'll just check..

yup I did..

Thankyou all for the great advice you have given, and if I am successful in getting my money back I will be donating some of it to this site, I have sent official complaint off to Marstons recorded delivery today Which just covers the facts and the incidents that occurred on the visit from these lovely peeps, I have also copied letter to local courts with another letter appealling against the parking ticket. The courts have said they will back me in my complaint but lets wait and see I have to give Marstons 28days to response before the Enforcement officers association can take on my complaint. I will not let this drop as it could of been a pensioner they visited and caused a heart attack.

I agree these peeps should be done for giving the impression they where police and will look at taking it up with local police station, but as someone said they tend to believe the bailiff not the poor sufferer they have scared the living day lights out of

once again tks for all the great advice will keep you all posted

Was this debt for an ordinary PCN ( penalty charge notice) or was it a FINE. There is a huge difference in that one is a criminal matter and the other is civil. However this should NOT affect how the debt is enforced.

It could also relate to a parking ticket issued by a council that has criminalised parking. There are not many of these now as most local authorities now have decriminalised parking but it is possible.

If you had not received copies of the statutory notices then you will need to file an Out of Time Witness Statement with the Traffic Enforcement Centre. If this is however a fine, then a Statutory Declaration would need to be filed with the court that issued the fine.

Edited by tomtubby

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all well here is the response I got from Marston group, they have said that there officers ID themselves as bailiffs and showed me there ID cards, when I opened the door to them all lies and that they showed myself and the gentleman in my home at the time ID and the distress warrant, am in the process of doing a rely to this letter and I will be taking this further so any advise would be gratefully excepted. Can I take this any further ???

Hi all well here is the response I got from Marston group, they have said that there officers ID themselves as bailiffs and showed me there ID cards, when I opened the door to them all lies and that they showed myself and the gentleman in my home at the time ID and the distress warrant, am in the process of doing a rely to this letter and I will be taking this further so any advise would be gratefully excepted. Can I take this any further ???

Oh ! that sounds familiar !!! :!::!:

Problem you have is without video evidence your stuffed as I was, I had cctv but mic was not connected as kids had played with wires :(

your word against theirs sadly