ukcps--letter in the post please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to my suprise after been a customer in a local fish shop i got a £60 fine plus £3 aday charge if i didnt pay within 10 days which is now up so im getting a big fine after the first letter i told them it wasnt me driving the car but my ex i then get a letter "2nd notice" saying the are gonna come and clamp the car and take it away then take me to court i have been too the shop and suprise they dont keep cctv footage when i try speak to ukcps all they can say is "see you in court you dont know the laws"

can anyone help me on this and what do i do????

You've done too much already. It's a [problem].

• do not pay

• do not contact them again

ignore any threatening junkmail or phonecalls

• they will give up and go away

Usually it's us that say "see you in court"! They never do though - they're bluffing and do not have a legal leg to stand on.

Relax and don't worry.

I'd be surprised if they're threatening to clamp the car. That would be highly unlawful.

thanks for that after re reading the letter it says the will take me to court and ask the court to enforce the debt by instructing a bailiff to wheel clamp and remove the above named vehicle or and any car registerd to me and held until the fine is paid just abit worrying?

if but maybe might could ask

they have got to get to court first

funny none ever do.........

ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks for that after re reading the letter it says the will take me to court and ask the court to enforce the debt by instructing a bailiff to wheel clamp and remove the above named vehicle or and any car registerd to me and held until the fine is paid just abit worrying?

It is not s "fine", it's an unenforceable invoice.

Before a bailiff can be instructed all the following has to happen:

1 They take you to court.

2 They win.

3 You still refuse to pay.

It's all scare tactics. Ignore them.

read the letter again. does it say 'will' or does it say 'may' ? By writing to them they think you may pay up as you fell for their [problem] by being sucked in. put all their letters in the drawer and leave them there. there will probably be more letters trying to scare you into paying, stick them in the same drawer.

hi shaunyd i to had an invoice from ukpc on the 16th of december 09 first i had 2 letters from ukpc . then 3 from dept recovery plus . the last time i heard from them was 6 weeks ago . dont give in any questions just ask on this great site . dont spend your hard earned cash on these **** bags and please remember you ve got more chance of meeting gordon brown than you have been taking to court by ukpc . ps . they put on a very very late january sale as a last bid to get you to pay