Wages paid to wrong person, how to recover them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone could help me with an issue regarding my wages being paid into another persons bank account.

Background information about the problem, apologies if some of it is irrelevant;

- I used to work for my current employers before being made redundant at the end of last year, however a month ago positions were re-opened so I reapplied with several other people and was accepted for the job.

- During our induction and training we were setup with HR/Payroll accounts, however for some of us who had previously worked for the company there were issues with getting these setup. The standard login would be . however for myself I was required to use .x..

- Upon login into the payroll system I discovered that rather than being a fresh account everything was populated with another persons information who shares the same name as myself and lives fairly local, I believe he was a previous agent here as I recall someone who shared my name doing training then leaving last time I was here.

- I removed all of the information and filled in my correct details along with submitting this information, however it appears that while I submitted the information it was never saved as the system requires submitting and saving of the information.

- 1 day after our monthly wages were paid out I discovered that the details on my account were still this other persons and informed my manager, however as the pay had already been sent out I was told that it would have to be bounced back by the bank in question, I queried this as I could see no reason why the bank would reject the payment since I believed the details to all be correct.

- I have just found out today that the cash was transferred into this other persons bank account and payroll have requested that I contact my bank to see what they have to say, I am currently with Lloyds TSB and the cash was paid into a Barclays bank account so I am unsure as to what my bank will be able to do to resolve this matter.

Just looking for some general advice as to what I can do to get this resolved ASAP, should my workplace be able to resolve this for me or will I need to get it sorted myself, kind of get the feeling that they're not chasing it up by getting me to contact my bank. Also does the company hold any responsibility for setting me up with someone else's details, though I do appreciate that it was my failing at saving the information (however not having access when rest of people were doing it did play a role).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hello there and welcome to CAG.

The last time this happened, people here thought it was down to the employer to sort out the problem. Offhand like yourself, I don't see what your bank can do to help if the money is in Barclays.

I'll see if I can find the last thread, it wasn't that long ago.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello again.

This is the title of the thread, started by Dorian. The last posting was a couple of weeks ago. Hope it helps. HB

Wages problems Employer said pay office set up wrong details

Edited by honeybee13
Missed of thread name.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi,

The BACS are paid from employer's account to employee's account... therefore it is a matter for your employer to sort out...

They should recall payment and offer you some alternative payment until they are capable of paying your wages into your own account...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Hello again.

This is the title of the thread, started by Dorian. The last posting was a couple of weeks ago. Hope it helps. HB

Wages problems Employer said pay office set up wrong details

link to the thread Synesthesia2 looking for

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/employment-problems/250031-wages-problems-employer-said.html

Hi guys, thanks a lot for the link and assistance, have just been to see HR aswell and they've assured me they will look into it further so fingers crossed for a resolution.

Only thing which worried me was being told that I'd not be paid until the money was recovered & the prospect of someone having spent it already, though I guess Barclays would repay my employer and then recover the cash from their client.

Will provide updates.