Excel parking in Chorlton-Cum -Hardy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have just registered here and I am writing to see if anyone knows how I can prove that I parked in this Chorlton carpark.

The story goes like this. I parked there about half a month ago , paid in the machine to get a ticket and displayed it on the dashboard. It is one of those machines where you have to enter the registration, so I did all that.

Today I received a letter asking me to pay £60 for not displaying the ticket, which is wrong because I did display it. They show a photo of my car entering and going out , which show my registration, but it doesn't show that I have not displayed my ticket!!

I have written an email to them straight away as they say if you want to appeal you have to do it before 7 days. And that's where I am at the moment.

could you tell me if those machines hold a record of the registration or cars that pay? Does anyone knows?

Any help on this matter will be very helpful, I feel very distressed and worried....:(

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

hehe

usual [problem]

type in excel in the search of the blue bar above and you'll soon get the idea

ignore!

its an invoice

not a

penalty charge notice [ the only ones you need to pay]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Excel - ignore.

Thanks to everyone here!

Just a question: Do you know if those machines where you enter the registration hold a record of your ticket? Of course, I have thrown my ticket away after a month nearly, and I have no prove whatsoever that I paid for the ticket.

I know I should not even think about it any more, but.... it plays on my mind....

Gracias

all part of the [problem] they know most people throw the ticket away , then the [problem] goes like , you cant prove you paid , because you threw the proof away

but as its a [problem] in the first place they still cant do anything

just IGNORE and stop worrying about it, every one else does

Edited by kiptower

Do you know if those machines where you enter the registration hold a record of your ticket? Of course, I have thrown my ticket away after a month nearly, and I have no prove whatsoever that I paid for the ticket.

I know I should not even think about it any more, but.... it plays on my mind....

So what? Do you keep proof every time you buy a pint of milk in Tesco and pay by cash?

You paid to park, end of. It's up to them to prove you didn't, and even if you didn't pay they're only legally entitled to a couple of quid.

I don't think you're getting your head around this [problem].

Thanks to everyone here!

Just a question: Do you know if those machines where you enter the registration hold a record of your ticket? Of course, I have thrown my ticket away after a month nearly, and I have no prove whatsoever that I paid for the ticket.

Gracias

You are taking them too seriously, forget about your ticket and forget about the begging letters.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Now this could be different - if you have a ticket and it was displayed, then they have wrongly represented themselves to the DVLA in order to get your personal information. When did the ticket fall off, when did someone notice, maybe it fell off when you opened the door.

If you have the right number plate on the ticket - why not try and complain to the Information Commissioners office around unfair processing of your data ? or just ignore them .. it wouldn't stand up anywhere - not the local and certainly not a court.

Where is the proof that there was no ticket .. gawd knows Excel parking ambassadors are profficient in the use of video cameras.

True, but we all know the DVLA will sell anybody's address to anybody.

Even if you put "I wish to burgle the owner of this vehicle because I saw his nice Bentley on the high street the other day" on the form.

Thanks to all your posts.

I wrote to John Leech the MP for Chorlton and told him about this [problem]. They know about it as a lot of people have complained. I would like to publicise it as much as I can to avoid other people to get in the same situation and to get rid of them. If anybody is a constituent of Chorlton, you could write to the local paper and tell them all about it. As I am not a contituent of Chorlton, I will not be taken into account.

Regards

How does that work then? You're not a constituent of Chorlton so the Chorlton MP doesn't care, but I bet if you write to your own MP they won't care either because it's outside of their area.

The adverts that this forum puts around my username and message are not endorsed by me.

Exactly what I thought.

funnily enough I have just found out that Excel have started in a little car park in the area I live, so I will contact my MP anyway to get rid of them as soon as possible.

I have written to the South reporter to let them know about Excel, not something new, but more news, more noise.

Here is the link in case anybody wants to write to them too.

South Manchester Reporter

Regards

Lets hope that if the paper does publish an article about Excel, that they get their facts and terminology right, and don't start talking about "fines" and "illegal parking" when reporting on private parking companies.

hi folks,, just joined and yes,, you have guessed it,,,got a ticket from excell today for £60-00,,,i did park there for 15 mins on 12th march as ticket says,,,,i did not leave my car i took a phone call as i work as a community nurse and missed a call,, so i did park there to make call,,,,i did not leave my car nor did i purchase a valid parking ticket,,,do i still have to pay up????as i thought these tickets(never had one in my life)had to be placed on car,,,unless you are speeding,,,if i have to pay ,,fair enough,,,,but can they ,,legally make me pay or/and make my life a misery,,,,thanks,,,bondy.

IGNORE

it is NOT A PARKING TICKET

IT IS AN INVOICE

read the thread you have posted into properly

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thank you for your reply,,i have read the thread more than once,the reason being i cannot afford in my job to be taken to court,,,even if ,,not guilty the court has a duty to report me to the nursing council which is not looked kindly upon,,, but having scanned this forum for the past two hours ,, i can only thank you and everyone who has posted.

thank you for your reply,,i have read the thread more than once,the reason being i cannot afford in my job to be taken to court,,,even if ,,not guilty the court has a duty to report me to the nursing council which is not looked kindly upon,,, but having scanned this forum for the past two hours ,, i can only thank you and everyone who has posted.

Don't forget that in the very remote possibility that it does go to court, it's the county and not the magistrates court. The former deals with such things as people suing each other for debt and other non-criminal matters, the latter deals with criminal cases and parking cases bought by the council.

Excel are a private company and cannot take you to the magistrates court. So you employment prospects will not be effected.

Edited by DBC

dbc,,thank you,,feeling totally reassured,,incidentally you say,,,remote possibility of taking me to court,,, do you know if they have they ever taken anyone in the past?

Once or twice , but they lost each time. The chances of them doing it again is the same as you winning the Loto jackpot two weeks running. So just relax.

do you know if they have they ever taken anyone in the past?

Relax, you are not that lucky, there are posters on here who have begged Excel and the like to take them to court without joy.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.