Halifax And Blair Oliver Scott

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

scan0048.jpg?t=1272641529

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he letter from Halifax shows that they are treating it as a compliant,But all I am asking them to do is to accept my payment plan of what i informed them is all i can afford at moment and pointing out if they issue procceding against me i will be defnding myself against them vigously using the points that their cca is not very legible and the fact that there has been irresponsible lending pursuant to the unfair relation ship act whcih can be used as a defence in court!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Sunflower,

I headed my letters with Complaint, then they a forced to respond within certain timescales, it did amuse me when one of the letterheads they used was for an AA card (never had one!).

That's all I ever wanted was written confirmation of the arrangement and eventually got over £1600 (interest & charges) put back on the card.

In the meantime, I have paid nothing and it seems now that they do not have the original T & C's so hey ho.

Will be interesting what they come up next with! (Both you and me)

Hi everyone, i am back on the scene, been a hard time for me recently as some of you will know. Good to see you fighting your corner sunflower, let this trash away with nothing, i know that they are in serious trouble if they ever wanted you in court with the irresponsable lending issue (with what you have told me) so dont be afraid to try a bit of bullying of your own. Of course i and others will help where we can.

Hi everyone, i am back on the scene, been a hard time for me recently as some of you will know. Good to see you fighting your corner sunflower, let this trash away with nothing, i know that they are in serious trouble if they ever wanted you in court with the irresponsable lending issue (with what you have told me) so dont be afraid to try a bit of bullying of your own. Of course i and others will help where we can.

Hi Carpinjoy

Nice to see you back! I have decided not to send Halifax anymore money until they start acknowledging the payment i already made:mad:Last Blair Scott and Oliver threatogram had not deducted the token payment i made them last month so it seems the money i paying them at moment is just going down a big black Halifax hole and no record of debt going down and confirmation that no other interest or unfair charges being added,I might as well be flusing my money down the toilet,So i am going to send them a letter pointing out i am not going to countinue with my proposed payment plan until they acknowledge it and start sending statments or confirmation of money received as it is not very encouraging paying them when i not seeing any evidence of balance going down and that the token payment plan was only on condition that they sent regular statements to show balance going down and that no interst or charges being added!

Hi Sunflower,

I headed my letters with Complaint, then they a forced to respond within certain timescales, it did amuse me when one of the letterheads they used was for an AA card (never had one!).

That's all I ever wanted was written confirmation of the arrangement and eventually got over £1600 (interest & charges) put back on the card.

In the meantime, I have paid nothing and it seems now that they do not have the original T & C's so hey ho.

Will be interesting what they come up next with! (Both you and me)

Well done Dotty!:)

Dear Sir /Madam

Account reference -----

On thexxxxxx 2010 I wrote to your in house debt collectors Blair Oiver and Scott to express concern over issues I have at the way I have been treated in respect of the above credit card account I have with you .

One of the concerns raised with them was the fact that failed to acknowledge the sum of £xxx paid into my Halifax credit card account through my Internet bank account on xxxx2010. This was the first payment I agreed to make on the proposed payment plan as advised in my letter of xxxxxx2010 and sent for the attention of Halifax/Blair Oliver and Scott.

This letter was enclosed with the above mentioned letter dated xxxx 2010.

I would point out that the proposed payment plan of £xxxx for a period of 6 months was advanced on the condition that you acknowledge the payments by way of statements in order for me to see the reduction of the balance. Also for me to see that I was not being subjected to further interest and charges.

As mentioned in my letter dated xxxx 2010, I am very concerned that Blair Oliver & Scott have failed to advise if they have taken the amount of £xxx and I am not in receipt of any statement detailing any payments made.

I must therefore advise, that until I do receive acknowledgement of monies paid by me on on xxxx 2010 and that you confirm that I will be receiving regular statements, then I will not be making any further payment.

I am sure you will understand that is extremely discouraging if I am unable to see that payments are being applied to the account and that I can see the balance being reduced.

I look forward to hearing from you in.

yours sincerely

I am writing them the above letter as i refuse to see my money dissapear in a void which it seems to be doing at the moment!I did not pay that money in the Blair oliver and Scott account but paid it into my normal Halifax credit card account which i been using for years to pay my credit card payments into,.But that should not matter as Blair Scottamd oliver and Halifax same orgainisation.But wonder if they being silly beggers because i paid it into ordinarly Halifax card account and not to that special accout set up by those pond feeders Barmy Orrible and stupid :rolleyes:

I think you are very wise. About 6 months of payments which I made to 4 different accounts 'went missing' - but not all of them and on a seemingly entirely random basis. With no statements, I had no way of knowing this was happening.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I think you are very wise. About 6 months of payments which I made to 4 different accounts 'went missing' - but not all of them and on a seemingly entirely random basis. With no statements, I had no way of knowing this was happening.

Hi RMW

Sorry to hear you having problems with them acknowledging payments! It does make me wonder if they do it on purpose to confuse us and get more money out of us:mad: At least if it goes to court now as well as demonstrating irreponsible lending and a not very legible CCA.I will also be able to say that they not behaving resaonably by not giving me statements and acknowledgements of payments so i can see progress of debt and comfirmation of debt going down and that Barmy orrible and stuppid keeping their word and no charges and interest being added.

Hi RMW

Sorry to hear you having problems with them acknowledging payments! It does make me wonder if they do it on purpose to confuse us and get more money out of us:mad: At least if it goes to court now as well as demonstrating irreponsible lending and a not very legible CCA.I will also be able to say that they not behaving resaonably by not giving me statements and acknowledgements of payments so i can see progress of debt and comfirmation of debt going down and that Barmy orrible and stuppid keeping their word and no charges and interest being added.

"Behaving reasonably" and "Halifax " are never to be found in the same sentence, SF.. as RMW will confirm :rolleyes:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

scan0037.jpg?t=1269291089

Looking at my outgoings above they put on above application which was very hurriedly gone over the phone so outgoings could even have been more than that as it difficult to remember everything when doing this by phone and was not expecting to go through an application for a credit card! on that phone call with some one pleading with me to take a Halifax card at a very vulnerable time when Christmas appraching I on a low income and a husband on incapacity benefit .So whole process was a very hurried affair over phone so could easily have forgotten or missed something but even going by the info of my outgoing for other loans in above form it should be obvious that they should not have been tempting me to get into further credti going by those fiqures,I mean by husband is listed there as having no income and i only earning about approx £11,000 and had the huge sum of at least £550 going out every month and maybe more if i had forgotten anything and on top of this of course all our other living expenses for food and house keeping ,fares to work gas electricity Phone water tates council tax to name a few,So at time Halifax was taking into acount i had at least £550 going out in loans .Well considering i ments ,so they should have seen that i would have terrible problems being tempted to use their credit card and owing more money on top of that ,I looked at a few of my bank statements from the time i got my Hlaifax card agreement and saw that many months i was only getting about £770 take home pay a months,So i was already having a ,lot of my salary eaten up in loans and not had much over for living expenses,So i could be argued that this was a case of irresponsible lending even form the date they first drew up my Halifax credit card agreement!

Edited by sunflower99

"Behaving reasonably" and "Halifax " are never to be found in the same sentence, SF.. as RMW will confirm :rolleyes:

LOL! CitB I suppose i am being a bit naive expecting Halifax to be reasonable!:eek:

This thread is now truning into a thread about irresponsible lending !LOL

Hi Laura,

IMHO, it probably wouldnt have mattered to them if your income had been half that.. you own your home.. and they knew that.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...
scan0097.jpg?t=1279361768

I just got the above letter! They ignored my letter i sent them telling them i was concerned that my payments were not being taken off and i was not getting regular statements showing my progress,However the sum on this letter does show they deducted an amount i paid them since last threatogram !i will write to them again pointing out they ignored my last letter and that i do wish to make regular payments i can afford on condition i will be sent regular statemens showing progress in future

scan0048.jpg?t=1272641529

They never did send a response! This was the last i heard from them:mad:

Sounds just like Halifax/Hbos. I have a continuing complaint with them about a loan; a customer care manager wrote to me a week or two ago 'answering my complaint'. Shame then, that he 'carried out an investigation' on my credit card - which had no relevance; a waste of time.

I'm sure they never really do check account numbers and read the letters I send them, as it isn't the first time it's happened! :rolleyes:

Hi Zingy

The only thing about my Halifax dispute is apart from not being very legible they appear to have a correctly executed cca:( I was wondering if this letter does mean court for me as not all Halifax victims get this letter.I am trying to find other Halifax threads where this letter been sent.

Hi Gaz

Thanks for confirming you had a similar letter! anyway if they did take me to court i believe i would be able to put in a defmce about irrespomsible lemding and the tact that my cca is not verly legible in places!

As i quoted in a previous letter to them that they have ignored

I trust that you will accept my offer, however, if it is your intention to pursue this via the courts then I must make you aware that I will defend any action vigourously and issues of unfair relationship pursuant to s140 (a) of credit act 1974 will be raised.

i could also argue the fact and defend on the basis that parts of the signed cca is of poor quality ,not easily legible and so does not comply with the requirements of regulation 2 consumer credit (cancellation notices and copies of Documents ) Regulations 1983 (s1 1983/1557) which provides that any copy of the executed agreement provided under any provision of the act shall be easily legible!

Dear Sirs

I was rather surprised to receive your letter dated (DATE).

I was given the impression from your letter dated April 2010, that you were at last taking my complaint seriously and investigating the dispute I have with Halifax Bank of Scotland.

Apparently I was mistaken and you had no intention of investigating my dispute.

As you are invoking the Practice Directions and Pre action Conduct Rules and have advised the documents you intend to rely on. Perhaps you would be so good as to provide me with copies of those documents mentioned, namely :

Copy agreement

Default Notice information

Statements.

As you are well aware, I have been requesting copies of this information for quite a while now, with no response.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding this matter.

Yours etc..

• Haha 1

BCOBS