• Tweets

• Laura between you and Dave you have produced an excellent WS . You have had this idiocy hanging over you for two years and at long last it is coming to a conclusion -in your family's favour. I am sure you will be nervous on the day but all you have to do is stick to your guns, relax and be confident that you will win.  
    • The ISA quoted vehicle CY08JCJ entering 12.49 and exiting 14.19 this is not my sons vehicle. These times also vary from the two payments made?
    • Not completely black and white. ICO says if you ask for the information to be sent in a particula way, in your case electronically, then they should send in that way "if possible". So I suggest making that request firmly. I would guess if they actually only hold paper copies they'd be with their rIght to decline to scan everything for you. Or they could transcribe just your personal information. 
    • Hey guys, just wanting to double check since it's been a a year since my last claims mediation, this is the best stance to have during the mediation right?: "I am willing to be flexible by not taking Evri to court to get a judgement against  them and i'm willing to settle now. but I'm not here to compromise on my rights or the amount i'm owed as I have all the rights in this claim and Evri know this, despite what they may say now. I do not wish to waste the courts time and our time, it's Evri who are being inflexible and they are just wasting evryones time if the are not just paying up now. they should just offer the full £ and we can proceed The function of mediation is not to persuade you to give up some of your rights. The function of mediation is to help you obtain what you are entitled to without having to go to court and without having to inconvenience or trouble anyone further. The benefit to the defendant is that they are saved the expense and the inconvenience of going to court." I can also bring up that 1. they no showed this court in our previous mediation call and wasted all our time, and 2. they already settled in full with me last year on an identical parcel and case so we're going down the same road?
    • Regarding SARs - does the recipient provide hard or digital copies of info?  I sent out a request recently. All the info was digital and I'd like it sent digitally - for expedience -  but they want to post hard copies.  Can I demand digitally?  If it's hard then I will have to labour over scanning it all back in to my computer - which is a waste of my resources.  I had this issue recently with a lawyer - they said they had too much info to send by email. Yet miraculously found a way within 2h. (It would be useful to have hard copies too - but in terms of short-term follow up communication digital is best for me)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Halifax And Blair Oliver Scott

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The trouble is that the vast majority still haven't found this site and they are intimidated and they do pay up.

I'm currently helping an elderly neighbour who has just been bullied into handing over all her food money for the next month - I only found out because she'd taken in a parcel for me and was in tears when I went to collect it. She'd originally been talked into having this store card in the shop when she didn't really want or need it, and one thing led to another with buying pressies for grandchildren etc. In my view the whole industry is totally and utterly corrupt.

Thats really the pits:mad:So sad and heartbreaking so many people dont know about cag and frigtenenend into paying these **** and must be so many people on edge of sucide or having their lives made a misery and as you say the eldery very vulnerable ,How awful that your poor neighbour gone through this and let those **** get her pension money,Thank goodness she got you as a neighbour and maybe you can give her some reassurance ,Trouble is a lot of eldery people still not got computers and familair with them and internet so they have do not have the solace of finding help and support online and access and find out about organisations like cag,Indeed before i discovered Cag i was frightenend to anwer my own telephone and felt like there was no way out of the mess we got into with loans and credit cards.It took Cag to make me ralise how ridiculous it was leting these bullies intimidate me on my own telephone and i did not have to spaek to them and the world not going to end when i told them to get lost!Even my husband who i was very worried about as he got a heart problem and i was worried that the phone calls would stress him out and harm him is know taking the calls in his stride and we can on good days even laugh when the answer machine goes off for the 10th time that day! But i hope your neighbour manages to get some help .

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with reallymadwoman (you are not missleading them regards spelling), allthough do keep it simple, they have answered my letters, but got nowhere fast. This lot are no problem and will stop the phone calls soon.

Hi Carpinjoy

Welcome on board to my Halifax thread and helping me to christen it! LOL:)Yes i suppose i do not need to write them a book! As reallymadwoman says they dont bother reading them anyway!

Edited by sunflower99
Typo errors

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Well Halifax should have got my S78 request by now! I got somebody ring up quite early from this number which was 08456029441.They did not leave a message on my answer machine so i did a 1471 to find out what number it was! I googled it and found that it was a Bank of scotland number .Apparently other people say they quite oftem get silent calls from this number and no one answers when they pick up! or they ask to speak to someone and then disconnect! strange behaviour! and they ring at very strange times such as 8,00am even on sundays! I got a call about 8,00 so wonder if i going to get a wake up call every morning now! LOL As some people say they get a daily 8am call from this number!

The trouble is that the vast majority still haven't found this site and they are intimidated and they do pay up.

I'm currently helping an elderly neighbour who has just been bullied into handing over all her food money for the next month - I only found out because she'd taken in a parcel for me and was in tears when I went to collect it. She'd originally been talked into having this store card in the shop when she didn't really want or need it, and one thing led to another with buying pressies for grandchildren etc. In my view the whole industry is totally and utterly corrupt.

This is disgraceful:x

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is disgraceful:x

Absolutely. Not wanting to hijack sunflower's thread, but this lady is of the generation that absolutely can't be convinced that being in debt is not something to be hidden at all costs otherwise I would have already spoken to my friendly local reporter who just loves stories like this. All I've really been able to do is tell her not to answer the phone to these bullies and help her write with an affordable offer of payment.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

hi sunflower99, this is indeed the bos i to have had many of these silent phone calls, i think it is albion or blair snot & co. i belive they are all the same hbos muppets. i have sent a formal letter of complaint to hbos about these silent phone calls and am wating for a reply

Hi rhos

Yes I managed to find out quite a bit about this number looking on a website called who is calling me now .It is a great site where people can put in details of various numbers that have been bothering them report experiences htey have and what bank or agncy the number is from.Manaaged to find out quite a lot about that number! :DIt does annoy me when they make really early calls like that as when the phone rings at that sort of time you always worry it may be your family in trouble or some emergncy :mad:I always resist though as having an answer machine i know if it was family or a friend or work the persson will leave a message! But i suppose these banks hope some people will panick into answering the phone worrying about friends and family.:mad:

Blair snot and co! Love all the nicknames they get on this forum!:D

Sunflower, have Halifax issued a Default Notice for this account?

Hi Alphageek

They defaulted me last year!

Just log them all for your complaint.

Yes i will start a note book of telephone calls as they should have got letter saying communication in writing by now!:rolleyes:

Absolutely. Not wanting to hijack sunflower's thread, but this lady is of the generation that absolutely can't be convinced that being in debt is not something to be hidden at all costs otherwise I would have already spoken to my friendly local reporter who just loves stories like this. All I've really been able to do is tell her not to answer the phone to these bullies and help her write with an affordable offer of payment.

HI reallymadwopman

Dont worry! I dont mind at all! I like to think this thread is one where we can also discuus DCAS bad behaviour in general even if not always Halifax! :)

I have been promoted back to having calls direct from Halifax again! Got a message left for me on answer machine from Halifax just now instead of Barmy Orrible and stupid!:eek:

Hi Sunflower,

Now subbing to your thread, I have been dealing with Halifax for some time now and have just come to the conclusion that they are a waste of time!

Blair Oliver and Scott now dealing with me (or they think they are)!

I have only just put account in dispute, realise I should have done it months ago.

Hi Sunflower,

Now subbing to your thread, I have been dealing with Halifax for some time now and have just come to the conclusion that they are a waste of time!

Blair Oliver and Scott now dealing with me (or they think they are)!

I have only just put account in dispute, realise I should have done it months ago.

Hi Dotty!

Welcome on board to my Halifax thread!:) Like you I am wondering if i should have put account in dispute months ago as i been trying to appease them writing crawly letters! paying them money I could not afford and seeing it go down the pan to speak as it got swallowed up in interest and unfair charges! and balance still going up! still having to put up with loads of calls being left on my answer machine! and in spite of that they still set Barmy Orrible and Stupid on me! So enough was enough and decided to join the caggers Halifax fan club!

• 2 weeks later...
scan0026-2.jpg?t=1268051731

scan0027-1.jpg?t=1268052627

Latest threatogram from Barmy Orrible and stupid!

Dear Sir / Madam,

Account in Dispute.

Your letter dated XX March 2010 was received by me today.

The time limit of 5 days to contact you is designed to panic me into making contact via the telephone.

I have previously advised you and your client that I will NOT discuss my financial affairs on the telephone .

You will also recall, you have been advised that this account is in dispute with your client and until such times as that dispute has been resolved, I will not be making contact with you.

I trust you will now return this account to your client.

Etc, etc,

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sunflower your still on first base, if you still got Blair Oliver and Scott to deal with. I'm back with my favourite company WESCOT, great company to deal with bit thick but what DCA's arnt lol.

Good luck with blair scott, you need to be more forceful :eek::D.

Gaz

Dear Sir / Madam,

Account in Dispute.

Your letter dated XX March 2010 was received by me today.

The time limit of 5 days to contact you is designed to panic me into making contact via the telephone.

I have previously advised you and your client that I will NOT discuss my financial affairs on the telephone .

You will also recall, you have been advised that this account is in dispute with your client and until such times as that dispute has been resolved, I will not be making contact with you.

I trust you will now return this account to your client.

Etc, etc,

Hi CitB

Thanks for letter|! However the joke is the letter i just posted up and received today took a very long time to arrive and actually dated before i sent of s78 request to Halifax customer services and the other letter I sent telling Barmy Orrible and Stupid that i would refuse to dsicuss things by telephone! LOL and the five day were up a few days ago!LOL :roll:

Edited by sunflower99

Sunflower your still on first base, if you still got Blair Oliver and Scott to deal with. I'm back with my favourite company WESCOT, great company to deal with bit thick but what DCA's arnt lol.

Good luck with blair scott, you need to be more forceful :eek::D.

Gaz

Hi Gaz

Welcome on board to my Halifax thread!:) yes great letter of citBs!:D