Food, glorious food!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My favourite romantic dish!!!!!

Proscuitto wrapped baked chicken with mushroom sauce

4 Skinless chicken Breasts

2 packets of Proscuitto Ham(£1.00 each from asda's)

Garlic Olive Oil

Salt

Pepper

Slice the chicken breasts into 3 pieces each, wrap completely with proscuitto(you can use smokey bacon too).

Place in oven proof dish, season, and drizzle with salt and pepper, and bake in 160 oven for about 30 minutes.

Sauce

Mushrooms

Garlic

300mls of Double cream

Any sort of mushrooms will do, but I like the ready prepared from Asda's for £1.00 and you get button, chestnut, oyster and ****ake in the pack.

Saute them gently in a small knob of butter and the garlic, then add the juices from the baked chicken. Cook down, then add the cream, but dont let it boil, but reduce it slightly to thicken. Season to taste.

Serve on a bed of pasta(any sort is good) with the sauce first then the chicken.

Very easy to make, but very tasty and good to impress!!!

I have used white wine in the sauce as well instead of the juices, but that is only when we have friends over, and I usually pack the 'kids' off to the cinema!!!

Anther twist on it is to place the wrapped chicken in an oven proof dish, cover with BBQ Sauce and sprinkle with a strong cheese. That is great with a baked potato and salad.

Mouth seriously watering! OH refuses to eat mushrooms and pasta but I can allways make it for myself:). I like chicken breast wrapped with proscuitto, sometimes do it and make a hole running through the chicken breast leanghtways with a knife and stuff the breast with chopped roasted garlic and sundried tomatoes, wrap with the proscuitto then roast in oven. yum! Don't use raw garlic though as it will be a bit sharp. Also keep skin on whilst roasting the garlic and the cloves whole, it makes the cloves taste more sweet. Sometimes I add fresh rosemary or other herbs depending on what I have in and what I fancy. Will defo be trying your sauce, it sounds devine!!! :):)

Edited by Mungypup
need to

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the bin Mungy.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

the bin Mungy.

:lol: I felt like that until recently and had a pasta with a mild blue cheese sauce whilst eating out.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

yeah its like marminte for me.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Blue cheese is cheese heaven, my fave is Shropshire blue...mmmm!

As you say Mungypup its wonderful as a pasta sauce...espesically Gorgonzola.

Stilton in a sauce goes well with broccoli...sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds before baking. Broccoli & Stilton soup is great too.

Top a vegetable bake with any blue cheese and it works wonders :)

Mmm, thanks I might try that :). I bought some mild blue yesterday but didn't really know what I was going to do with it. Might try melting some over the proscuitto stuffed chicken :)

Mungy Pup

Im going to sneak in a quick and delicious dessert, that is really easy to make and always impresses.

Strawberry Cheesecake

Base

1 x pcket of Digestives

2oz of melted butter

Crush the digestives, add the melted butter and press into a 8" cheesecake tin, or baking tin with removable bottom, leave to set for at least 2 hours in the fridge.

topping

1 tub of full fat philidelphia cheese

1 tub of elmlea whipping/double cream

3 tablespoons of icing sugar

Whisk the whole lot together, til thick and creamy, tast to see how sweet it is, and add extra icing sugar and whisk again if needed.

Topping

1 packet of strawberries

some caster sugar.

Hull and chop the strawberries, add the sugar and heat over a gentle heat till you get a jam like sauce. Once cooled, pour on the top of the cheesecake.

Serve and enjoy.

You can use the basic recipe and add anything you want, I sometimes exchange the digestives for ginger nuts, and add the juice of 3 limes to the cheesecake mix, and top with grated dark chocolate.

Mouth seriously watering! OH refuses to eat mushrooms and pasta but I can allways make it for myself:). I like chicken breast wrapped with proscuitto, sometimes do it and make a hole running through the chicken breast leanghtways with a knife and stuff the breast with chopped roasted garlic and sundried tomatoes, wrap with the proscuitto then roast in oven. yum! Don't use raw garlic though as it will be a bit sharp. Also keep skin on whilst roasting the garlic and the cloves whole, it makes the cloves taste more sweet. Sometimes I add fresh rosemary or other herbs depending on what I have in and what I fancy. Will defo be trying your sauce, it sounds devine!!! :):)

I stuff the chicken with mozzarella and sage leaves and wrap in parma ham - very yummy with tomato and mascarpone sauce!!

fluffy bunny I love putting mozzarella or Boursin in chicken then wrap in bacon or parma ham. Yummy yummy.:D

Who's doing pancakes tonight?

Pancakes

125g (4oz) Plain Flour

1 egg

300ml (1/2 pint) Milk (I have done it with chocolate soya milk....a little thicker but still yummy!)

Pinch of salt

If mixing in a bowl mix flour and salt together.

Make a well in the centre of the mix and break the egg.

Slowly add the milk and work together with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.

If using a blender.........bung it all in together and wizz!

To cook add a ladleful or large spoonful to a hot lightly oiled pan.

Cook till it comes away from the pan at the sides.

If you're daring enough toss the pancake over to the amazment of your friends! and cook the other side.

Serve with lashings of sugar and lemon juice.:D

Enjoy.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

fluffy bunny I love putting mozzarella or Boursin in chicken then wrap in bacon or parma ham. Yummy yummy.:D

Who's doing pancakes tonight?

Pancakes

125g (4oz) Plain Flour

1 egg

300ml (1/2 pint) Milk (I have done it with chocolate soya milk....a little thicker but still yummy!)

Pinch of salt

If mixing in a bowl mix flour and salt together.

Make a well in the centre of the mix and break the egg.

Slowly add the milk and work together with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.

If using a blender.........bung it all in together and wizz!

To cook add a ladleful or large spoonful to a hot lightly oiled pan.

Cook till it comes away from the pan at the sides.

If you're daring enough toss the pancake over to the amazment of your friends! and cook the other side.

Serve with lashings of sugar and lemon juice.:D

Enjoy.

:DAllways sugar and lemon juice :)

Mungy Pup

none of the above golden syrup and vanilla icecream.

You can tell who the Gannets are on this thread :rolleyes:...

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Ok Kip here goes:

Almond Macaroons Recipe:

Servings: 36 cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar, confectioners

1 cup almond paste

3 egg whites

1/2 tsp salt

Directions

Beat egg whites until stiff. Mix thoroughly with almond paste and

salt. Add sugar and beat thoroughly. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto

slightly oiled baking sheet. Bake in moderate oven (375 F) about 15

minutes. Remove from oven. Set baking sheet on wet towel for a few

minutes. Remove macaroons with a wide spatula. The almond paste may

be made by pounding 2 1/2 cups shelled blanched almonds until a paste

is formed.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Here is a old fashioned Scottish recipe you might like!!

Its a very strange one but lovely.

Macaroon

1 medium potato

Icing sugar

Vanilla extract

Chocolate

Coconut

Boil the potato in unsalted water, mash up with icing sugar and add vanilla, add enough icing sugar so that it resembles sugar paste like for decorating cakes.

Roll into balls, and coat with melted chocolate and then dust with the coconut!!

Swwet and sour sauce. Can be used with chicken or pork. My kids love this BTW.

Makes 4 susposedly.

30ml/2 tbs cornflour

cold water, enough to mix the cornflour so not lumpy.

75ml/5 tbs vinegar

300ml/1/2 pint of chicken stock

398g/11oz can of pineapple pieces DO NOT DRAIN JUICE

10ml/2tsp soy sauce

4 toms skinned and chopped, or one 400g tin of chopped toms.

1 red pepper seeded and sliced.

2 medium carrots peeled and chopped.

* In a pan blend the cornflour and water

* Stir in the Vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and stock.

* Bring slowly to the boil stiring till thickens

* Stir in pineapple with juice, tomatoes, red pepper and carrot. Cook gently for 20-30 mins until veg is tender.

Serve with Grilled chicken or pork.

If you want you can pre cook the chicken or pork and use the juices of the chicken or pork to mix the corn flour then add the chicken or pork in with the veg to make the meat taste of the sauce.

I have been hunting for the original recipe for days, and failed miserably :(. I adapted another recipe to make a larger version once and I'm using the measurements for that here.

I'm going to assume (because you all sound like it) that you are all talented cooks so will have extra plain chocolate to hand in case you need it!

This can be made in a two-pound loaf tin (or even a one-pound loaf tin if you just want one for two/three (for a few days). You can also make it in an 8" cake tin, springform, or with a loose base so you can push it up, or even in a china quiche dish - 9-10" - if you don't want to turn it out.

THE KIND OF CHOCOLATE FRIDGE CAKE YOU REALLY WANT!

1lb good plain chocolate - NOT cooking chocolate

1/2 cup freshly brewed coffee

a large tot of rum

1 oz butter

Funsize Mars Bars, Milky Ways, Bounty Bars (substitute something else if you don't like coconut)

Maltesers - one big bag.

Melt the plain chocolate in a bowl over hot water with the butter and coffee, and then beat in the rum.

Arrange all the chocolate bars and maltesers in your chosen tin or dish, mixing them up a bit so each slice or portion will have a bit of everything.

Pour over the melted chocolate mixture and leave to set for 12 hours in the fridge.

Turn out if using a loaf tin by dipping the tin into a bowl of hot water for a couple of seconds (or you could line the loaf tin with clingfilm first if you prefer.

Serve with whipped cream.

Yummy, scrummy. :)

Loving the fantastic recipes peeps. Keep them coming.:D

Here's a tried and tested and very much loved recipe.

Lemon Meringue Pie.

Pastry Base

6oz Plain Flour

3oz Marg

Pinch of salt

Water to mix

If doing by hand-

Rub marg into the flour and salt till it resembles breadcrumbs.

Add enough water to bring the mixture together to a pliable dough mix.

If doing in a food processor-

Bung everything in and whizzzzzzzz till it resembles a pliable dough!

Roll out the pastry and line a 9 inch flan dish.

Prick the pastry lightly with a fork all over (so that it does not rise whilst cooking) rest a piece of scrunched greaseproof paper on top of the pastry (also to stop it rising) and cook for about 10-15 mins 180C.

Filling

3oz granulated sugar

1 heaped tablespoon of cornflour

Pinch of salt

8 fluid oz water

Juice and rind of 1 lemon

3 egg yolks

1oz butter

Mix all together till smooth then cook in a saucepan till it becomes thick.

When cooled fill the pastry case and spread level.

Meringue

Whisk 3 egg whites till fluffy and stiff.

Mix in 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.

Spread on top of the lemon filled pastry case.

With the back of a spoon create peaks in the meringue.

Sprinkle granulated sugar over the meringue.

Cook 180C till the meringue has browned evenly.

Yummy served hot with cream.:D

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Just how much is a large tot of rum?

Good question. I have just measured it out, and I think 2-3 tablespoons would be about right. :D (Measured it out in water - didn't knock back the rum as it's a bit too late.)

;)

All these recipies are making me want a food processor! :(

Mungy Pup

Good question. I have just measured it out, and I think 2-3 tablespoons would be about right. :D (Measured it out in water - didn't knock back the rum as it's a bit too late.)

Maybe in your house it would be but about a good slug i say.