bailiffs at previous address - what to do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bailiffs (Equita) are going to a former address claiming for some PCNs (my car is still registered there).

I don't want my ex-landlady to be bothered. I have phoned the bailiff and left voicemails with a phone number to contact me, but no response.

I haven't lived at that address for over a year; currently I live 150 miles away, staying on a friends sofa, claiming JSA and no fixed abode.

I don't want to reveal my friends address and cause her any bother.

Now, I want to deal with this (although I can't currently pay anything and am in debt) without getting anyone else in trouble.

The bailiff hasn't responded and the only email available is on their website which requires and address (and nat. ins. no. !!??) which I won't fill in.

What can I do?

Bailiffs (Equita) are going to a former address claiming for some PCNs (my car is still registered there).

I don't want my ex-landlady to be bothered. I have phoned the bailiff and left voicemails with a phone number to contact me, but no response.

I haven't lived at that address for over a year; currently I live 150 miles away, staying on a friends sofa, claiming JSA and no fixed abode.

I don't want to reveal my friends address and cause her any bother.

Now, I want to deal with this (although I can't currently pay anything and am in debt) without getting anyone else in trouble.

The bailiff hasn't responded and the only email available is on their website which requires and address (and nat. ins. no. !!??) which I won't fill in.

What can I do?

This is so SIMPLE. As all statutory notices had been sent to a previous address you need to complete an Out of Time Statutory Declaration. I have sent you a PM.

yes it would you have 21 days from the time you were made aware of the debt

Small correction HW. The 21 days provision is ONLY applicable to MAGISTRATE COURT FINES. With an Out of Time Statutory Declaration for an unpaid penalty charge notice (PCN) it can be done at any time. Even AFTER a person has paid a bailiff.

Small correction HW. The 21 days provision is ONLY applicable to MAGISTRATE COURT FINES. With an Out of Time Statutory Declaration for an unpaid penalty charge notice (PCN) it can be done at any time. Even AFTER a person has paid a bailiff.

Thanks for the correction something else to take note of

I checked the 'out of time route' and it seems that is only applicable if I were unaware of any notifications prior to bailiff actions.

I did receive the statutory notifications prior to the bailiffs getting involved.

Where does this leave me re. taking the heat off my former landlady?

The bailiff has still not responded to my voicemail.

I checked the 'out of time route' and it seems that is only applicable if I were unaware of any notifications prior to bailiff actions.

I did receive the statutory notifications prior to the bailiffs getting involved.

Where does this leave me re. taking the heat off my former landlady?

The bailiff has still not responded to my voicemail.

Hints

Follow TT's advice - always sound.

Do not ring Bailiff unless you can record the call - this may sound very strange but they have been known to lie in the past.:? They all have other names - mainly Enid Blyton as they like to tell stories that are pure fiction.:-|

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hints

Follow TT's advice - always sound.

Do not ring Bailiff unless you can record the call - this may sound very strange but they have been known to lie in the past.:? They all have other names - mainly Enid Blyton as they like to tell stories that are pure fiction.:-|

PT

more like 'Grimm Fairy tales' PT and they have crystal balls as well, and I dont mean the ones they house in their pants. :D pity they havnt those in their pants because you would be able to here them coming.. I really need to rephrase this shouldnt I

Edited by seanamarts
not being rude honest

more like 'Grimm Fairy tales' PT and they have crystal balls as well, and I dont mean the ones they house in their pants. :D

That has to be a "Magic" comment - has made my morning. Maybe the spelling should be Grim.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That has to be a "Magic" comment - has made my morning. Maybe the spelling should be Grim.

PT

Is that a chuckle I hear and yes it should be Grim. I would like to kick a few of them in the crystal balls, with the amount of grief they cause people, I would have a smashing time. :D