• Tweets

• Apologies dx100uk  I did not put the answers in red  Thank you all for your patience. H
    • Which Court have you received the claim from ? Northampton  Name of the Claimant ? Overdales solicitors  How many defendant's  joint or self ?  Self Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.  13 may 2024 What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? the claim is for the sum of £6163.61due by the defendant under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 for hsbc uk bank plc. Account 4546384809766042. The defendant faild to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a default notice was served under s 87(1)  of the consumer credit act 1974 which as not been compiled with. The dbt was legally assigned to the Claimant on 23/08/23, notice on which as been given to the defendant.  The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £117.53 the Claimant claims the sum of £6281.14. Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ?   Not to my knowledge. Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?  No Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ?  Online but it was for a smaller amount they kept on increasing this with me asking Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.  It was assigned to a debt collection agency  Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? yes  Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?  Yes I also made offers to pay original creditor a smaller amount but was not replied to Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ?  No Why did you cease payments? I was made redundant and got a less paid job I also spent some time on furlough during covid and spent some 3 months on ssp off work. What was the date of your last payment?  May 2021 Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes at the time I communicated with all my creditor's that I was running out of funds to pay the original agreements once my redundancy money ran out that was when my accounts defaulted. I then wrote to all my creditor's with pro rata offers of payments but debt collectors took over the accounts.
    • Just an update for all. I received about a letter every other week, increasing in threat levels. Then I hadn't had one for a about two weeks, then Saturday received a carbon copy of the very first letter they sent me in February. Made me laugh, rinse and repeat. 
    • So, your response was not received by the SCP as you did not send it with a valid stamp. Therefore, from my two option in post #14, the first option is the only one available to you, but you do not have the option of asking to be sentenced at the fixed penalty level as the reason the SCP did not receive your response was down to you. Here's a reminder of what to do: Respond to the SJPN by pleading “Not Guilty” to both charges. In the “Reasons for pleading Not Guilty” box state that you are willing to plead guilty to the speeding charge providing, and only providing, the “Fail to Provide Driver's Details" (FtP) charge is dropped. This is a tried and tested method to deal with your problem and is almost always successful. Before the pandemic it was necessary to attend court to do this "deal" because it needs the agreement of the police prosecutor.. During the pandemic courts made every effort to have as few  people as possible attend and they began doing this deal under the "Single Justice" procedure without the defendant's attendance. Some courts have carried this procedure on whilst others have reverted to a personal attendance being necessary. If you are required to attend, your case will be taken out of the SJ procedure and you will be given a date for a hearing in the normal Magistrates' Court. If that is the way they do it in the area involved you will have to attend, see the prosecutor and offer your "deal" in person. 
    • what device are you using? copy all the questions then come here to this thread and paste them. then answer each question click on red give answers here. when done  hit submit reply bottom right.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Asset Recoveries UK hassling re mortgage shortfall from 2000- ** Statute barred ** :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... this letter is an adaptation for one I did for someone else.... but it gives you some idea of what we're after here. Send the SAR as normal, but I would send this one alongside it... posted seperately... by rec. delivery.

Dear xxxxx

Your Ref : xxxx

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company or to any "agents" you may have instructed to represent you.

A legal SAR was sent to your "agents" (Aruk) on xx/xx/xx and to date, they have failed to comply. Therefore please take note that I will have no further dealings with your "agents" until such times as they are able to substantiate their legal right to my personal information.

An additional SAR has now been sent to your company (Phoenix....) under seperate cover and in addition to any/all information that have on record pertaining to myself, I am making a particular request for the following :

A copy of a any Default Notice issued against my name;

Full details of how any alleged arrears were calculated and the date they commenced;

Full details pertaining to any Possession Order and when it was granted;

Full details of all valuations obtained for the property prior to its sale;

Full details pertaining to the alleged sale price, including a full breakdown of how/why this figure was accepted.

A full breakdown of all charges applied to the account, including all “maintenance” charges and/or otherwise, penalty fees, litigation charges and so on, including all charges/fees that may have been applied by yourselves and the justification for these.

A full breakdown of all interest applied for the entire duration of the account,

Full details/information pertaining to the sale of the property; not limited to but including, full details of the precise manner in which the property was sold in line with regulations set down by the FSA; i.e, copies and/or particulars of all adverts placed, where they were placed, dates they were placed and so on.

Full details of any claims made against the Mortgage Indemnity Insurance or, if no claim was made, your written confirmation by return.

If you are indeed acting on behalf of the original lender yourself (under Equitable Assignment), then I would assume this information to already be in your possession. If you are not acting on behalf of the original lender however, then I will require your company to produce documentary evidence to substantiate the following:

The date upon which this alleged account was sold to yourselves by Absolute Assignment;

A copy of the alleged Deed of Assignment;

The date upon which a Notice of Assignment was served upon myself, including a copy of the alleged Notice;

A full breakdown of all transactional charges/fees applied to the alleged account following its sale to yourselves, including a written explanation of the precise nature of these charges.

Since I have had no contact from the (original lender) for approx. xx years, I remain confused over the precise nature of their/your claim and as such, also require a full written explanation pertaining to the precise nature of your/their claim after such a long period of time and, upon what legal basis you have been instructed to pursue this matter now under Equitable Assignment, along with the documentary evidence detailed above.

Please note that under English law, recovery on mortgage shortfall interest is frozen after six years and I will expect any records that you hold to reflect this. If your records do not reflect this, then I will require a written explanation as to the reason.

Until such times as I am in possession of all transactional data and/or otherwise, I will not be entering into any further discussions regarding income/expenditure and/or payment plans with anyone. Any further calls from any company that you may have instructed to contact me will now be duly logged by time and date before being terminated by myself. Any unauthorised visits to my home will be reported to the police.

I trust that the contents of this letter are self-explanatory. If you are unable to supply this data however, then I require written confirmation by return within the next 14 days.

Should you decide to pursue this matter without addressing your full obligations under The Data Protection Act, 1998 then I shall seek a Court order obliging your full compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the Court.

Yours faithfully,

Edited by PriorityOne

they were quick on that response .

Can you confirm if you have indeed been contacted about the shortfall since the repossession?

As above the sar is needed to see exactly what has been going on

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi all, Just a quick update as to where I am now. I posted the subject access request along with a letter in seperate envelopes stating I have requested the sar. My post office said they couldnt send it registered or recorded to luxembourg so I had to send it via tracking. Just tracked both letters and they are in luxembourg now waiting delivery. They also told me they dont accept postal orders so I sent cheque. The cheque was in my parents name. Well thats all I got to inform you of for now. Will let you know when something lands on my doorstep. I cannot express how much your help is meaning to me, and how you have all made me feel a bit more relaxed about this. Thanks again.

Well done :)

Being active is part of empowering yourself - don't just sit back and wait for them - take the fight to their door and rattle a few cages :)

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Even if the result of your actions doesn't account to much, it will show them all that you are not a push over and are aware of your rights and also demonstrate to any judge that you have attempted to resolve this in a correct manner, in the face of obstructive tactics by the debt collector.

I must confess, I was tickled by their comments regarding the templates and advice you have obtained from the internet, as if somehow it was less valuable than the same information gleaned from another source - Priceless!!

Just another deplorable tactic to make you question yourself and so undermine your confidence

Hi all, just a quick update as to whats happened with my letters i sent to luxembourg. Just done a check on mailing and letters in luxembourg but my tracking ref tells me they were tried to be delivered but couldnt.

A delivery was attempted for your item with reference xxxxxxxxxxxx in LUXEMBOURG before 13:14 on 15/02/10.

A card may have been left, depending on the country's postal service.

If undelivered, it will be returned to the UK.

looks like they going to be returned. :(

B*gger!! :mad:

Keep hold of that info though.... print it off for your own records.

Looks like we're gonna need a different address.... there must be one on one of the other threads. Hopefully someone will point us in the right direction later on today. If not, I'll have to do some digging around...

I've got a fax no for them ...

I would contact the ICO *today* - that is the registered address of the data controller, not just any old address .....

I'm sure the ICO would be interested.

I am guessing that the letter would have been refused rather than 'no one in'

IMHO it is *very* powerful evidence that 'to a layman' they do not exist and therefore cannot legally 'own' the debt ......

I'll dig out the fax number - it's actually for the holding company, same directors, same address etc etc

Phoenix is a 'paper exercise' and in many ways doesn't really exist other than on paper.

I would actually be *very* surprised if it is actually allowed to enter litigation under its own name .....

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Should there not be a UK address to send the Subject Access Request to ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

IW, It might be a good idea to telephone the Information Commissioner's office. As them if they have a UK address for the Data Controller for Phoenix.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ok citizenb i will do that this afternoon as its nearly time for work. Can i just say a great big thanks to you all for replying to my posts so quickly. Its a relief to know that i have got some very good advisers. x

B*gger!! :mad:

Keep hold of that info though.... print it off for your own records.

Looks like we're gonna need a different address.... there must be one on one of the other threads. Hopefully someone will point us in the right direction later on today. If not, I'll have to do some digging around...

IMHO part of the exercise was to prove that 'something dodgy is going on' and so far that has been proved.

So we have a UK DCA coming up with an alleged debt which they don't own, but they say it's owned by an offshore company who you have never heard of and may not even exist.

You search for info on a Government site and make a statutory request for confirmation that this alleged debt does exist and they own it.

They refuse errrrr doesn't that set off alarm bells

So you are left with a DCA that says they are acting on behalf of this foreign co but what does that mean.

If I wrote to you and said I was collecting on behalf of someone you've never heard of and who won't talk to you - but you can trust me so pay up ..... Oh and if you want to write to the foreign co - just send the letters to me and I'll answer them

I don't think so :D

again IMO this is only good news for you.

Especially if the ICO will get involved - pretty powerful evidence

When the DCA writes again just tell them that you have tried to serve a statutory notice on Phoenix at the address registered with the ICO, and that you are now making a formal complaint to the ICO

gh, can i just check i sent it to the right address, the address you posted in my thread was different to the one spamheed said to send it to. and i sent it to the one spamheed said.

The info I gave was the info cut & pasted direct from the ICO

The other address is (I think) one of the Director's home addresses from my research.

When the DCA writes again just tell them that you have tried to serve a statutory notice on Phoenix at the address registered with the ICO, and that you are now making a formal complaint to the ICO

Personally, I wouldn't wait for Aruk to write.... I'd write to them as a formal COMPLAINT (which they'll have to address) and state what you're now going to do by rec. delivery.

They'll need to be very careful how they answer you from now on... :cool: Absolutely NO phone contact though!

There was never any chance of a reply from Pheonix, there never has been one, I don't believe that Pheonix have ever replied "first hand" it has always been the DCA that has replied on their behalf.

The consensus seems to be that they are a shell company operated by all of the UK banks and larger financial organisations, that's why they pop up all the time for a host of different account types.

Nothing has materially changed from the very first post.

IW you need to have demonstrated to you, complete documented proof that the persons attempting enforcement against you have a lawful right to do so and the documents are of the legally enforceable type and not just some fabricated "botch job" designed to con your money out of you.

I agree with PriorityOne, be proactive and put them on their back foot, make a formal complaint and then when they fail to act correctly, follow up with a complaint to ICO,OFT,TS, contact your MP, the lot of them.

The consensus seems to be that they are a shell company operated by all of the UK banks and larger financial organisations, that's why they pop up all the time for a host of different account types.

They are an offshore SV (Securitisation Vehicle) ultimately owned by the multi £billion Cargill in the UK

There is a very tangled web but it's actually all legit -

except that

the assignments may be equitable only

and Phoenix (by 'design') cannot litigate in its own name

Contact details for CarVal Investors (owned by Cargill)

CarVal own Phoenix

CarVal Investors, Luxembourg

11-13, Boulevard de la Foire

5th Floor

L-1528 Luxembourg

Tel: +352 269757 1

Fax: +352 269757 97

seem familiar .......

Personally, I wouldn't wait for Aruk to write.... I'd write to them as a formal COMPLAINT (which they'll have to address) and state what you're now going to do by rec. delivery.

They'll need to be very careful how they answer you from now on... :cool: Absolutely NO phone contact though!

So priorityone, sorry for any inconvenience but how would I word this letter cos I can have it posted immediatley and should I ring the Information Commissioner's office.