Asset Recoveries UK hassling re mortgage shortfall from 2000- ** Statute barred ** :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok PriorityOne, you really dont know how much stress you are taking off me, just to know that I have some very very good advise from you in here is just overwhelming. When all things sorted you can be assured of quite a substantial donation. your all gems.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoenix Recoveries (UK) Limited Sarl. It is registered in Luxembourg, where Sarl is the equivalent of 'limited'.

So what is a debt collection company in Luxembourg doing, using a name clearly designed to give the impression it is British? And should it not be properly registered at Companies House?

Phoenix has told me that its only place of business is in Luxembourg, so it need not register in the UK. However, it did give a British address to the Office of Fair Trading, which issued its debt collector's licence.

And it did give a British address to the Information Commissioner, which registered it for data protection purposes.

That address, in Cobham, Surrey, belongs to Cargill plc, which describes itself as 'an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services'.

Cargill and Phoenix are certainly connected. The OFT's contact at Phoenix is an in-house lawyer at Cargill. Perhaps Companies House should take a close look at Phoenix and see whether, since it wishes to appear British, it should be registered in Britain, too.

Phoenix has told me that its only place of business is in Luxembourg, so it need not register in the UK. However, it did give a British address to the Office of Fair Trading, which issued its debt collector's licence.

And it did give a British address to the Information Commissioner, which registered it for data protection purposes.

That address, in Cobham, Surrey, belongs to Cargill plc, which describes itself as 'an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services'.

Cargill and Phoenix are certainly connected. The OFT's contact at Phoenix is an in-house lawyer at Cargill. Perhaps Companies House should take a close look at Phoenix and see whether, since it wishes to appear British, it should be registered in Britain, too.

Inland Revenue may be interested as well AC.... :cool:

Phoenix Recoveries (UK) Limited Sarl. It is registered in Luxembourg, where Sarl is the equivalent of 'limited'.

So what is a debt collection company in Luxembourg doing, using a name clearly designed to give the impression it is British? And should it not be properly registered at Companies House?

CarVal Investors is a subsidiary of Cargill, CarVal is a leader in debt sale and purchase:

Carval Home

Edited by angry cat

been following this thread with much interest and posted a reply in the early days of the thread.ANGRY CAT it would appear from your reply today that you have had direct contact with Phoenix Recoveries,is this the case???Am in the same situation as Irate wife......ARUK say they represent Phoenix,I have SARd, ARUK,and have also asked them for a copy of the letter from Phoenix that authorises them to act on their behalf and a copy of the letter from Phoenix to me confirming ARUK will be acting for them.NOTHING has been received from either,companies,ARUK have tried to phone me but have told them ONLY IN WRITING.................PHOENIX purchased a debt (Mortgage Shortfall) from Mortgage Trust,Paragon Group and I feel Like ACat there is a link between the companies,but to date cant find the link.IRATE WIFE..you have received lots of really good advice,I still maintain the first thing that needs to happen is a letter from Phoenix confirming ARUK are authorised to act for them,without this ARUK cant go anywhere and remember Phoenix also need to write to you,as well,and this does not appear to happen.I have written to ICO and OFT complaining about both companies,as usual it takes Eons to get a reply,,,,,,,,,,,,,,FS

I still maintain the first thing that needs to happen is a letter from Phoenix confirming ARUK are authorised to act for them,without this ARUK cant go anywhere and remember Phoenix also need to write to you,as well,and this does not appear to happen.I have written to ICO and OFT complaining about both companies,as usual it takes Eons to get a reply,,,,,,,,,,,,,,FS

Lots of things are supposed to happen.... but rarely do. Aruk are simply hoping that people know no better and will pay up on the mention of "clients" and "legal proceedings" :rolleyes:

Aruk are not interested in doing things properly; only in making a fast buck. Once they realise that IW is not going to cave in, they will hopefully just b*gger off..... but time will tell.

:-)

CarVal Investors is a subsidiary of Cargill, CarVal is a leader in debt sale and purchase:

Carval Home

The address for CarVal in Luxembourg is:

CarVal Investors, Luxembourg

11-13, Boulevard de la Foire

5th Floor

L-1528 Luxembourg

Tel: +352 269757 1

Fax: +352 269757 97

The same address as Phoenix Recoveries (UK) Limited sarl.

You won't get much out of ARUK, they are just acting as the collector.

The address for CarVal in Luxembourg is:

CarVal Investors, Luxembourg

11-13, Boulevard de la Foire

5th Floor

L-1528 Luxembourg

Tel: +352 269757 1

Fax: +352 269757 97

The same address as Phoenix Recoveries (UK) Limited sarl.

You won't get much out of ARUK, they are just acting as the collector.

Yep ac I think you've got it :)

Yes it's been securitized and all the company links are in previous posts on here.

The link that you're missing is CVI CVG Luxembourg S.a.r.l. who are wholly owned by CarVal and themselves wholly own Phoenix and about 100 other Lux based SVs (Securitization Vehicles)

It's big business - $billion big

For consumer debts it would seem they've got separate companies for each country - all with localised names.

The interesting bit is who chooses which accounts to chase and why - and they seem to use all the lowlifes in the UK to chase them ARUK & Bryan Carter et al.

The other interesting bit is what happens when an account goes to court and they lose - cos if it goes back to the OC then IMHO the original Assignment was not absolute.

Interesting times ......

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

angrycat, I sent subject access request to phoenix via tracking as i couldnt send it reg or rec, I have tracked it and apparantley it couldnt be delivered for some reason, it had on tracking ref tried to deliver but couldnt, card been left with recipient. I also sent subject access request to ARUK 30th jan, got no joy only letter off them basically stating i had 7 days to comer to some arrangement or they would send someone to my house.

Edited by irate-wife

got no joy only letter off them basically stating i had 7 days to comer to some arrangement or they would send someone to my house.

If they do attend your house (very unlikely), then ask them to leave, they have no more rights than the ice cream man and can take nothing whatsoever from you, if they do anything other than leave immediately, phone the police.

On the matter of arranging a repayment plan, why would you even consider doing this with a company who has flat refused to establish their ownership, or legal right to enforce the debt and who claims to represent a company who apparently aren't correctly registered in this country.

Don't worry about the tone of their letters, they are designed to intimidate you and panic you into acknowledging the debt, or to even make a payment.

Nothing has changed from the original postings, they have yet to prove anything and until they do, they should get nothing.

• Haha 1

angrycat, I sent subject access request to phoenix via tracking as i couldnt send it reg or rec, I have tracked it and apparantley it couldnt be delivered for some reason, it had on tracking ref tried to deliver but couldnt, card been left with recipient. I also sent subject access request to ARUK 30th jan, got no joy only letter off them basically stating i had 7 days to comer to some arrangement or they would send someone to my house.

Re: your ARUK SAR, 40 days have not yet passed;

you have made a request for information under the DPA;

if ARUK do not comply;

log a complaint with the ICO.

As far as Phoenix are concerned, send your SAR to their registered London address.

I think it would be wise to also SAR Mortagage Trust Limited (now Paragon).

As others have stated, ARUK are simply trying to frighten you into acknowledging the debt, which is something you must not do.

As far as Phoenix are concerned, send your SAR to their registered London address.

Phoenix Recoveries (UK) ltd - the London Company - are NOTHING (legally) to do with Phoenix Recoveries (UK) Limited S.a.r.L.

Phoenix (London) are NOT registered with the ICO and do NOT hold a credit licence.

Phoenix (Lux) are/have both

I-W - you have done the right thing sending the SAR to the address registered with the ICO as the address of the Data Controller for the Company

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.