TV not working after 4 months.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How do we stand we stand on this please. Son bought a TV end September last year. The picture has gone and the store have said they will exchange it but they no longer stock the same TV. The next one of the same size is £110 more expensive. He dosnt want to spend that much really, when he bought the TV in the first place he only did so because it was on offer.

so it is five months old? I don't think a full refund is out of the question, although legally they might be entitled to deduct a bit for the use you have had out of it. Any more than 10% might be considered out of order though.

I would hope that they'd settle with you for the updated model, after all this must be cheaper for them than handing over cash.

The item can be sent off for repair, if its not repairable than full refund. 5 months really can't constitute a partial refund.

If it is impossible to repair or replace than you can recsind from the contract via The Sales of Goods Act 1979 (As amended) part 5a ss48

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.