Stepdad Van taken by a bailiff, but debt had been paid already ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

can anyone give me any ideas of what can be done about this problem. My stepdad had his van taken away last year by a bailiff for a debt he owed. He paid the bailiff the amount asked without any questions and was taken to collect his vehicle. In the panic and confusion, stupidly he did not get a receipt for what he paid him.

On friday last week, the same bailiff company (High Court Enforcement agency) came while he was out and again loaded his van onto a tow truck. They have left paperwork stating that he has 5 days to pay the debt or his van will be sold. The amount owed now is completely different to the last time, it is less than before, but the debt was paid in full on the last visit.

He contacted the company he owed the money to originally and they said that the debt had been cleared, so what is this bailiff company doing, and what can he do now?

Does anyone have any advice on what road to take?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Hi there-- not wishing to be facetious but I couldn't resist this.

Maybe YOU should charge "Van Fees" to the Bailiff.

If the debt has been paid then you should RECLAIM every penny for the expense of retrieving your vehicle, time for lost work etc etc. Really STING these POND LIFE'S.

Cheers

jimbo

Is the vehicle owned by your stepfather?

Is it on finance or HP?

How much approx: is it worth?

Was the vehicle use for self employment?

Was it used for your step fathers own use?

If used for self employment, does the vehicle have any signage?

• dx100uk changed the title to Stepdad Van taken by a bailiff, but debt had been paid already ?