Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Blade - an offer of bevvy is always much appreciated. :D

On the questions for FOS, I'll look out my last letters. Unfortunately the verbal stuff from the salesman I won't have (the job promises were only verbal, nothing in any brochures, but he did slip up in my acceptance letter by outlining the summary of the work placement we'd agreed).

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone have a copy of their finance agreement with barclays? I dont appear to have one! Aswell does anyone have any documentation where it was noted that you could take exams anywhere? I'm trying to argue my case with the fos, any help would be appreciated :)

Did any1 see in The Sun about how Barclays go into Prisons and offer current accounts etc to rapiest, murders? Just about sums them up! Desperados who do not give a fcuk!

Well, I suppose as long as London has public bicycles with Barclays name on them that make me sick, what The Sun says, doesn't really matter, does it?

Hi All just a littie some thing that you may want to no if you are still getting 1000 call's aday or just started the course be 4 it went under ( like me )

i phone up bfp i told them i wanted my mum's house phone number taken of the list and if they need me call me on my moblie ( they done it 4 once after all this time :confused: )

and then the guy said what do i want 2 happen .i said i will only pay £5 MAX for 1 book i had and will not pay £10.000 for some thing i didnt have .plus Sa75 .and the data thing bluh bluh ...for him 2 say ok i will put your idea forward and i will get a call in a weeks time and we go from there ?????

ARE they starting 2 get it now..coz they no there ****ed !:grin: errmm i didnt no what 2 say after that

hi reload thats very interesting could you post exactly what you said as it may be very usefull,i only started in october and am expectedt to pay £6500 for two books and a folder !

Another thing does anyone no why all the loans seem to be of different amounts for the same thing?

hi reload thats very interesting could you post exactly what you said as it may be very usefull,i only started in october and am expectedt to pay £6500 for two books and a folder !

Another thing does anyone no why all the loans seem to be of different amounts for the same thing?

Hi lewis

yh what it was my mum was starting 2 get ****ed of getting 4 calls aday from bfp and some times 9pm on a weekend ( F**king joke ) ..after they said 2 me be 4 they have taken this number of there list ..so i call them up on the 0845 number and said you sood not ring me on this number as i had it taken away ..if you do i will sue you for hassment so they done there lies and said we call you back on you moblie in a hour ...so they call me the next day on my house phone lol !

the number was a 0151 number i told him 2 take this number of as i dont live here any more ..he said thats done 4 ya .just like that after how many times i have asked them 2 do it

he told me he no's ever thing about the Sa75 & date act and he said this is wrong and this sood be on hold ?? then he said what do you want 2 happen .so i told him my story about me and my 1 book and im not paying ..only £5 max for that book ..for him to say ok i will give your idea forward 2 the manger and i will get a call back in a week and we go from there to end this !!

i dont no if i done some thing rigth ..or just luck But they was nice 2 me 4 once !

Hi All just a littie some thing that you may want to no if you are still getting 1000 call's aday or just started the course be 4 it went under ( like me )

i phone up bfp i told them i wanted my mum's house phone number taken of the list and if they need me call me on my moblie ( they done it 4 once after all this time :confused: )

and then the guy said what do i want 2 happen .i said i will only pay £5 MAX for 1 book i had and will not pay £10.000 for some thing i didnt have .plus Sa75 .and the data thing bluh bluh ...for him 2 say ok i will put your idea forward and i will get a call in a weeks time and we go from there ?????

ARE they starting 2 get it now..coz they no there ****ed !:grin: errmm i didnt no what 2 say after that

I had a call yesterday [ infact 2] regarding my letter in dispute collected at Glasgow on 29th April, and the fact there had been no response from BPF about it. [i had complained about this ]

I was told that it had not been passed over from the Glasgow office,so i

should send another dispute letter into Cardiff, and it will be looked at by

a dedicated team that is dealing with the Advent thing.

There was no dedicated team at Glasgow! apparantly.

One thing is for sure - i have had several conversations with the people at Cardiff, and they will speak to you as one human being to another, rather than pondlife - like the Glasgow office approach.

It seems like there is a public relations thing going down at the moment, or i have been lucky.

But it still amounts to nothing if they will not budge.

I have had a card through the door today saying "I called today for the first time regarding your account Please contact Gareth on telephone number 07816501824 or our office on 0844 257 8535 quoting (my acc no)". From Resolvecall ltd, spectrum building, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow G2 7AT

Has anyone else had this card? Mine came through the catflap for some reason....

I had a call yesterday [ infact 2] regarding my letter in dispute collected at Glasgow on 29th April, and the fact there had been no response from BPF about it. [i had complained about this ]

I was told that it had not been passed over from the Glasgow office,so i

should send another dispute letter into Cardiff, and it will be looked at by

a dedicated team that is dealing with the Advent thing.

There was no dedicated team at Glasgow! apparantly.

Yes there was - it was dedicated to getting their money anyway they could.

David

I have had a card through the door today saying "I called today for the first time regarding your account Please contact Gareth on telephone number 07816501824 or our office on 0844 257 8535 quoting (my acc no)". From Resolvecall ltd, spectrum building, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow G2 7AT

Has anyone else had this card? Mine came through the catflap for some reason....

I suppose snakes can't reach very high.

That would be from one of Resolvecall/Scotcall's team of self employed collectors. Ignore it and if they call when you are there - just tell them to get off your property.

David

Had another two letters from mercers today and this despite sending them a letter next day signed for telling them about my account and why I concidered it in dispute.

Todays letters one telling me they have contacted me several times regarding my overdue account they are concerned that I might be in financial hardship and to get in touch with CAB.. then they tell me there is a further late payment charge of £22.50 :mad:.

the next one tells me that since I have ignored their last letter I now have to pay the full amount I owe withing 7 days of the date of the letter..its dated 30/07/10 today is 04/08/10 cutting it fine I think.

so if I dont pay them this money immediately they got a list of things they want to do to me..

legal action summons

enforcement by bailiffs

enforcement of attachment to current or future salary... (I am out of work have been for over a year).

local collectors calling at house to secure full payment.

and finally ****ing up my credit record.. barclays are already doing that

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes there was - it was dedicated to getting their money anyway they could.

David

Lol........

As it happens they were not that dedicated - they got no money from me.

And account now accepted as in dispute.15 weeks after original letter!

Now thats dedication......from me.:)

I suppose snakes can't reach very high.

That would be from one of Resolvecall/Scotcall's team of self employed collectors. Ignore it and if they call when you are there - just tell them to get off your property.

David

Through the Cat flap of course.

Lol........

As it happens they were not that dedicated - they got no money from me.

And account now accepted as in dispute.15 weeks after original letter!

Now thats dedication......from me.:)

how come you got your account in dispute.. they have repeatedly refused me.. thats the letters I am getting to show it.

I have just been onto consumer direct to tell them... they will get trading standards to call me for info so they can go have it at mercers.. but told me that I need FO for barclays

how come you got your account in dispute.. they have repeatedly refused me.. thats the letters I am getting to show it.

I have just been onto consumer direct to tell them... they will get trading standards to call me for info so they can go have it at mercers.. but told me that I need FO for barclays

I have made some various serious complaints to BPF at Cardiff [first time i have dealt with them and not Glasgow] about their general behaviour over

not responding to my first letter of dispute, and the fact that they lied about not recieving the letter, i also sent proof of delivery from the post office.

On top of that the Database breach.

A guy from their customer relations team called me [infact twice]

and told me to send in another dispute letter, as they now have a dedicated team who are dealing with the Advent stuff.[ but this will take several weeks to be dealt with - his words]

I have also had a letter from BPF addressing the database issue.

A bit too late though, i have complained to the FSA and ICO over this.

ICO have sent me a complaint procedure letter to send back to them.

A reply email has been sent to me from FSA saying someone will be contacting me very shortly to talk about the situation....

So all in all, i have made it a bit messy for BPF.

Hence finally accepting that i am not a criminal and just someone trying to resolve a dispute.Getting a positve outcome is a different matter though.

But one thing, their pussy footing about has given me time to put a better dispute letter together - a lot more things have surfaced over the last few weeks, especially regarding CT failing to put things in writing to me about the like for like and no extra charge ...The one thing BPF are basing their case on.

So in short - Get nasty with them!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks