• Tweets

• I have just read the smaller print on their signs. It says that you can pay at the end of your parking session. given that you have ten minutes grace period the 35 seconds could easily have been taken up with walking back to your car, switching on the engine and then driving out. Even in my younger days when I used to regularly exceed speed limits, I doubt I could have done that in 35 seconds even when I  had a TR5.
    • Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello guys..i had final response from bpf today( sealed well this time!). I'm following this thread since beginning. In that letter it said the same crap about computeach and explained s75 is fullfilled by bpf..if i wont take computeach it will be breach of my obligation towards the contract.

It also said: "as a gesture of goodwill, we are willing to reimburse you a further £290 in charges. This has been applied to your account. This will take your account out of arrears".

I was quite surprised with this kind of pleasant letter from them mentioning that "you are correct about the fact mentioned in your previous letters"..why they have to add arrears on accounts in first place and f**k up my credit report and why they want to please me with the removal of those arrears.

Any one had this kind of response? if not, i will forward this to our lawyers for consideration. i would like to write them again that i'm not satisified with the response and also about those gospel letters..any suggestions?

Fuzzbutt! i can imagine ur situation..but please don't giveup so quickly..we all here to support you and this is the only hope we had. if you need a full copy of my response, plz let me know. Thanx!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i would like to write them again that i'm not satisified with the response and also about those gospel letters..any suggestions?

I telephoned them [bPF] up about the 'Gospel' and went ape.

They sent me a response very quickly to try and appease me.

I have contacted the Financial Services Authority.

and the ICO about the data breach.

Both have replied via email and will be contacting me soon to discuss the situation.

I had an email from the legal team, saying that any concerns should be taken up with the above two regarding the breach.

So get your complaints and concerns off to them and [bPF]

They might be trying to wriggle out of S75, but i get the feeling this one might be a bit more of a ball ache for them.Although a seperate issue from S75.

Another +1 for all the work from Fuzzbutt!

just checked my credit report.. I have another late payment mark against it.. they do this and refuse to put my account in dispute.. is this legal??

also noted address for clydesdale bank..

CLYDESDALE FINANCE

THE AVENUE BUSINESS PARK

PENTWYN

CARDIFF

CF23 8LA

lowdown! did u get any response from them about the reimbursement i mentioned in my previous post?

No reimburstment,but at last a response about account in dispute and

saying they are liaising with relevant bodies about it over the next few weeks.So a start.

But i think they have only responded because i made a big stink over the gospel matter.So get your complaints off to them and all the bodies.It will buy you time and they will go low key for a while until its investigated.

It has with me anyway.

But think about it - reimburstment? reimburstment for what?

Under section S75 you should have been refunded what you have already paid,

or contract ended, not unfair charges on top while your account is in dispute.

They clearly are not sure that they are totally right, if they are making reimburstments to your account.

Keep chipping away at them, every way you can.

Edited by lowdown

Hi lowdown how did you contact the financial service authority?

i posted both copies of the gospel i received over to hausfeld so i can not prove i ever got one!

Original contact was by Email from their site.They have a fast track service, which means they will telephone you back and discuss the situation and what to do next.

The legal team also suggested contacting ICO, another government body,

who deal with Data protection issues - which i have.

If you telephone BPF and complain about the gospel, they should send you a letter of admission, and that they are investigating it.That will be your proof for the time being, until you can get a copy from somewhere.

My reasons for doing this is, on my contract i had to give bank details,

passport details and driving licence details. This is a lot of info that

Barclays Partner Fraudsters have let get into the public domain.

I want more than a 'we are sorry letter':D

You are right lewis2, we are lost without FUZZBUTT.

FUZZBUTT you are our leader, so please please don't be ****ed off for few rude people.

Thanks Joyhouk, Raj4 and Lewis2 - your kind words are much appreciated. :)

I'll still post here and certainly won't let you all down, but think I'll give the Facebook group a miss at the moment.

It just seems to be a lot of whinging there and people going round in circles. Some are still asking the same old stuff 2 months on, and have clearly not even bothered to read the info and letters on the website I set up, to judge from what they post and email me about. I'm baffled as to why they signed up to the group action at all! Then they moan about no instant result forthcoming from Hausfeld, as though a magic fairy can sort it all out for them....:(

The 'old hands' here who also go on FB will know what I'm on about.

Anyway, that's my moan of the day over.:D

Thanks for all the support and help from those who sent stuff on for the legal team. I know that Ingrid is keeping all this and currently looking at ways the guarantors can be covered still in the group.

Power to the People, eh! ;-)

Will do the usual email blast and post an alert when we have more.

Hi Guys

You wont believe this.. just had letter from BPF say their sorry I have reason to complain.. the said hey will be looking into my complaint with a dedicated handler.. will let mt know outcome of their investigations

yes as I dont know what the answer will be :confused:

Thanks Joyhouk, Raj4 and Lewis2 - your kind words are much appreciated. :)

I'll still post here and certainly won't let you all down, but think I'll give the Facebook group a miss at the moment.

It just seems to be a lot of whinging there and people going round in circles. Some are still asking the same old stuff 2 months on, and have clearly not even bothered to read the info and letters on the website I set up, to judge from what they post and email me about. I'm baffled as to why they signed up to the group action at all! Then they moan about no instant result forthcoming from Hausfeld, as though a magic fairy can sort it all out for them....:(

The 'old hands' here who also go on FB will know what I'm on about.

Anyway, that's my moan of the day over.:D

Thanks for all the support and help from those who sent stuff on for the legal team. I know that Ingrid is keeping all this and currently looking at ways the guarantors can be covered still in the group.

Power to the People, eh! ;-)

Will do the usual email blast and post an alert when we have more.

FuzzBut Thanks For All Your Hard Workk !!!! its means alot .and i think alot of use wood say that as well !

and dont worry about the facebook page i go on there as well and see that alot of guys on there dont no how to spell there name so dont worry !

if you need any help with suff im here !

thanks again and peaceeee :D

Sorry Clive - no calls. I'm not a helpline, just the organiser. I'm not legally qualified in any way to advise individuals.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but all my evenings get spent with answering emails and it's beginning to wear me down now so I'm saying an apologetic 'sorry no' to people now. I have a life outside of these forums.:)

The thing that has pi****d me off is some people often don't even use a please and thankyou in their mail, and the questions are often ones already clearly outlined on the website, which I set up for the express purpose of keeping everyone informed and latest info in one place.

Our lawyer is currently advising people in the short term to go to local CABs and finance helplines like Debtline until Hausfeld have completed their assessment - there's 600 people involved now. They are currently looking at how to include the guarantors in some way if possible too

Thanks Fuzzbutt, I've filled in the forms and sent them to the lawers. Fingers crossed for a good outcome. Cheers mate.....

hi all got aletter from barclays today addressing my "on going complaint" they agree that section 75 does apply however as they have set up an alternative trainer and that compucrap are extending the course to match advents ,so unless ican show them a reasonable reason as to why i don,t want to accept then i have to carry on paying the loan.

First of all when have barclays ever been reasonable throughout this whole thing?

And secondly surely the fact that compucrap refuse to put into writing the bespoke course structure barclys speak of is a reasonable raeson not to sign up?

hi all got aletter from barclays today addressing my "on going complaint" they agree that section 75 does apply however as they have set up an alternative trainer and that compucrap are extending the course to match advents ,so unless ican show them a reasonable reason as to why i don,t want to accept then i have to carry on paying the loan.

First of all when have barclays ever been reasonable throughout this whole thing?

And secondly surely the fact that compucrap refuse to put into writing the bespoke course structure barclys speak of is a reasonable raeson not to sign up?

If you read through all the info left on here and FB group you will see that Hausfield are dealing with this by collating evidence, so all you have to say is im going through legal action til the mess is sorted.

Fuzzbutt has done so much for us and we're truly grateful, but i was told not to tell barclays all the problems we have or barclays could change the case in their favour...... i say if we keep some of our argument quiet then we have the element of surprise, just need more evidence that will help our claim..... something more tangeable Hausfield can use

FuzzBut Thanks For All Your Hard Workk !!!! its means alot .and i think alot of use wood say that as well !

and dont worry about the facebook page i go on there as well and see that alot of guys on there dont no how to spell there name so dont worry !

if you need any help with suff im here !

thanks again and peaceeee :D

Thanks for that, Reload.

agreed Reload,

My solicitor was willing to represent however when i called and told her about Hausfeld she said they are the pro's go with them.

Careful Fuzz you are almost a revolutionary!!!

:D

"I cannot find my student agreement which is req'd by the fos any help?"

There is a generic Advent agreement scanned and posted on the Facebook 'Advent Scammed Us' site in photos section, as I recall. Someone put theirs up and just blacked out personal details, if that's any help, Mustard. You can see terms etc.

Right guys i am gonna need some help here i have recieved a questionaire from the fos i will list the questions, and hopefully someone out there has the evidence i need.

Q: what are the differences between between the CDS course offered by computeach and advent.

Q: Can you provide evidence that advent let people continue studying after the end date on your contract.

Q: Can i provide evidence i was guaranteed a job after my course with advent (think i have got this one sorted)

Q: can i provide documentry evidence from microsoft regarding the work experience required before attempting this qualifications.

many thanks in advance i have got my own answers but i would like to see what you guys have to say.

Right guys i am gonna need some help here i have recieved a questionaire from the fos i will list the questions, and hopefully someone out there has the evidence i need.

Q: what are the differences between between the CDS course offered by computeach and advent.

Q: Can you provide evidence that advent let people continue studying after the end date on your contract.

Q: Can i provide evidence i was guaranteed a job after my course with advent (think i have got this one sorted)

Q: can i provide documentry evidence from microsoft regarding the work experience required before attempting this qualifications.

many thanks in advance i have got my own answers but i would like to see what you guys have to say.

Thats a start!

Perhaps if the correct evidence can be collected from people with this stuff, it can then be put some where/link for people to use and not posted openly for BPF to see, then they can not try and do their bespoke bit with CT again.

I just get final response from Barclays about my FOS compliant's. Two pages of argumentation why they don't agree with me and why they wan't me to pay whole ammount with interest and charges. :p

I was trying to get help in our case from my Advent training adviser but after our talk i didn't get any more response. :mad:

Just submitted my answers to the questions from the FO complete with extracts from the Microsoft and advent websites i am attacking them with three different points Mis-selling, Section 75 and irresponsible lending. I am going to phone my adjudicator on Monday and see what he thinks, I will update here when i know more and post my completed arguments to help others should i be successful.

Just submitted my answers to the questions from the FO complete with extracts from the Microsoft and advent websites i am attacking them with three different points Mis-selling, Section 75 and irresponsible lending. I am going to phone my adjudicator on Monday and see what he thinks, I will update here when i know more and post my completed arguments to help others should i be successful.

I am just about ready to put my fos complaint in.So i will be interested to

see your plan of attack, please post when you a ready. It would be of great help.

I would just like to say a very big thank you to Fuzzbutt. We can only imagine the amount of personal time that you have had to sacrifce since this whole matter started. If you are ever in London in my neck of the woods I will like to buy you a large drink to say thanks.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks