Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't you think it would be good to draw lawyers attention to Microsoft books for a while? We were assigned with approx 120 hours to go through the book - study companion Advent have sent us says we need that much time to read the book ONCE but it would be preferrable to read it through couple of times to get familiar with everything... but the sections called ADDITIONAL READING pointing to Microsoft websites would make that books at least twice as thick, wouldn't it? I was told I am supposed to get familiar with all pointed out articles from MS prior to mock exam and was spending a lot of time trying to find the KB article as simply typing the links in didn't work.

I just want to show that completing the course in time would be highly questionable if possible at all...

Edited by panliberski

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All, I was away again for 2 weeks so need to catch up. But did I miss anything very important?

No calls from barclays for about 3 weeks now and no letters either. Sent my papers to lawyer but not sure if it wasnt too late.

FOS have asked me to prove my claims that Computeach are not like-for-like:

I HAVE MY ENROLLMENT FORM WHICH STATES THAT ADVENT WILL PAY FOR RETAKES.

I HAVE MY PEARSON VUE CASE HISTORY WHICH PROVES THAT I COULD TAKE THE EXAMS LOCALLY.

I NEED EVIDENCE OF THE FOLLOWING, ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED:

1. Mock results need to be higher with Computeach.

2. Advent had a 'study at own pace' policy. (Hard to prove, I know. I guess this is a key area).

3. Careers support better with Advent than Computeach.

FOS also asked me:

1. How long did I expect the course to take?

2. Did I have access to a car and / or public transport?

I would also be interested to hear comments.

What do people see when they read between the lines?

FOS are dubious of CT claims.

Remember a few months ago, FOS did rule in favour of some student.

As for self paced study - it is written all over Advent literature.

I asked CT two times to put into writing your above points.

And guess what - they did/could/would not respond.

So ask CT for clarification in writing - signed for,You will not get it.

You can then inform FOS of this.Thats what i will be doing.

FOS have asked me to prove my claims that Computeach are not like-for-like:

I HAVE MY ENROLLMENT FORM WHICH STATES THAT ADVENT WILL PAY FOR RETAKES.

I HAVE MY PEARSON VUE CASE HISTORY WHICH PROVES THAT I COULD TAKE THE EXAMS LOCALLY.

I NEED EVIDENCE OF THE FOLLOWING, ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED:

1. Mock results need to be higher with Computeach.

2. Advent had a 'study at own pace' policy. (Hard to prove, I know. I guess this is a key area).

3. Careers support better with Advent than Computeach.

FOS also asked me:

1. How long did I expect the course to take?

2. Did I have access to a car and / or public transport?

I would also be interested to hear comments.

I had this letter this morning. So it looks like they're sending the same letter out. Perhaps they're stalling?

I think the whole "at your own pace" thing is definitely key as CT have definitely proved they are not like-for-like on this front and I know in my situation it is one of the main reasons I went with Advent.

There are a number of people on here that have said they went over the suggested/proposed contract period and still got the support/materials etc. I guess if we could get them to put some sorta testimony together or something then that could work couldnt it??? Find a few more too, the more the better.

i just took another look through the documents sent to me from advent,

on the letter of confirmation of enrolment it says on two occasions that it is self paced study materials we have been supplied with it also says this in the study companion....is this any use to us?

URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT....

IF YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE OF TIMESCALES PROMISED BY ADVENT OR COMPUTEACH, OR ANY OTHER EVIDENCE YOU MIGHT THINK USEFUL TO HAUSFELD LEGAL TEAM IN THIS CASE, PLEASE COPY AND SEND DIRECT TO HAUSFELD. WE HAVE SOME EVIDENCE OF THIS, INCLUDING MY OWN MATERIAL, BUT AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE STATING THE SAME WOULD BE BETTER.

IF IT WAS A VERBAL PROMISE IT STILL COUNTS AS EVIDENCE AS IT'S YOUR TESTIMONY. YOU CAN EMAIL THIS email removed AND I'LL FORWARD IT ON FOR YOU.

GREAT -THANKS. :)

Edited by IdaInFife
email removed

hey all,

been a while since i've heard anything from computeach, emails or otherwise. i have so far ignored all of their correspondence as i don't want to continue any course with them. should i continue to do this or contact them to confirm i dont want to continue? i have not confirmed any details with them, verbally or via email.

URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT....

IF YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE OF TIMESCALES PROMISED BY ADVENT OR COMPUTEACH, OR ANY OTHER EVIDENCE YOU MIGHT THINK USEFUL TO HAUSFELD LEGAL TEAM IN THIS CASE, PLEASE COPY AND SEND DIRECT TO HAUSFELD. WE HAVE SOME EVIDENCE OF THIS, INCLUDING MY OWN MATERIAL, BUT AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE STATING THE SAME WOULD BE BETTER.

IF IT WAS A VERBAL PROMISE IT STILL COUNTS AS EVIDENCE AS IT'S YOUR TESTIMONY. YOU CAN EMAIL THIS TO email removed AND I'LL FORWARD IT ON FOR YOU.

GREAT -THANKS. :)

now that you mention it I do have something that we could use for this - I cant do it today but I will have it copied and sent tomorrow.

Edited by IdaInFife
email removed

I've just recieved my first (albeit missed) call from Computeach - wonder what is next.

Ha! They called my house too, but I am at work so was unable to answer myself. My brother answered and told me that Compufail want to talk to me.

today i have had 4 calls from a different bpf number, a call from ct and just got a text from barclays!...busy day!!

When i spoke to the ct woman, i refused to answer the security questions and she still spoke about my account! (not that i have one with them!!) so bad!

I am now heavily pregnant and finding all this very hard to deal with! I really thought I'd have passed a couple of exams by the time the baby got here! So very disappointing!

I really feel for everyone in this situation!

Right, just plugged up the courage to call the salesman back that I called back in may and never heard back from. He appologised and said his PC had broken and he'd lost everything (not sure why that would effect his hotmail account but nevermind!)

He said if I send it again he promises to respond.

Fingers crossed!

i've had a nive letter saying they are handing my debt to mercers who can collect the full amount of over £11k from me unless i arrange to pay something immediately, what should i do,

Fuzzbutt...any news on any replies from Barclays?

Please can anyone suggesst what i should do now

Thanks for any advice

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted a reply for quite a while but all I want to say is that my contract was extended in December 2009 by 1 year. I started the course in April 2009 but I couldn't take any exams cos I got married in Sept last year and I had been really busy with it. So I phoned Advent and they were really happy to extend it by 1 more year for FREE. This can be VERIFIED very easily!!!

Unfortunately I haven't kept any written evidence.

I hope this will help Fuzzbutt.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks