Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so now should i send the FO letters i have sent and recieved and the same to the lawyers?

on my enrolment form i dont have a start or an end date, so should i photo copy this and send it to them both?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Matt28LFC - Did you take out a 3rd party loan to settle with BPF by debit or did you pay cash?

Pigwig - Yes they are! lol

Hey dude, sorry its taken a while, had to go to work.

No i didn't take out a third party loan, i did indeed pay cash via Debit. Had the money saved and thought it would be best so i didn't have to pay any interest. Guess i could be fecked.

EDIT

One thing i've just noticed, on my enrolment form i have no start or end date!? anyone else?

Edited by Matt28LFC

i've sent another letter off the BPF and im not expecting them to reply but i did send it recored. im tryiong to stay positive here :Cry:

Yep, stay positive.

The total lack of response to written communications while at the same time bombarding you with phone calls will come back to haunt them.

David

it seems to be Bpf is trying to play another mind game..just wondering they are calling me only once in a day.i just answered y'day and ignored the call today..do i need to send them the dispute letter again? coz the lady y'day told me that they had no letters from me, i did a recorded delivery and i can see some one signed for it. they lost their minds somewhere..its better to find themselves instead of wasting out time.

I sent my dispute letter recorded delivery and when I checked and found out it had been signed for, I called them and asked why they were still asking for money.

The woman said there was no record of a dispute letter and even if there was, I'd still have to pay...still don't know the truth on that as every contract is different but now nearly 4 weeks later I have had my final response letter.

You have to give BPF 8 weeks to reply to any correspondance, and vice versa.

I called computeach yesterday, got given 3 differentr numbers to call, just to ask some questions to see if they can put things in writing.

Everyone I spoke to said "I cannot answer these questions, we have sent out letters to 14,000 students. It's all explained in there"

apparently they sent these letters 2 months ago!...how long must I wait till someone at that joke of a company can talk to me!?

Matt28LFC - AM IN A SIMILAR BOAT MATE TOOK THE 1 YR INTEREST FREE N THEN SETTLED WITH A 3rd party loan paid with debit card but got a complaint logged with FOS and had two letters back none saying they couldnt get a refund so fingers x'ed, also filled in forms on Hausfeld site via fuzzbutt so wait and see now iguess!

Matt28LFC - AM IN A SIMILAR BOAT MATE TOOK THE 1 YR INTEREST FREE N THEN SETTLED WITH A 3rd party loan paid with debit card but got a complaint logged with FOS and had two letters back none saying they couldnt get a refund so fingers x'ed, also filled in forms on Hausfeld site via fuzzbutt so wait and see now iguess!

Yeah think im gonna do that too, already printed out the two forms provided by Fuzzbutt. Just gotta photocopy my BPF agreement, and whatever else they wanted.

I just don't get this two year contract buisness, i don't remeber agreeing to that! I mean how on earth was i supposed to get CompTIA, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE and CCNA in two years!!! I dont even work in IT. Its not like im a computer noob, its been a hobbie for a while now, so i knew these certs weren't gonna be easy or quick to complete.

Its just been one big **** take from the start!

i supposed to get CompTIA, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE and CCNA in two years!!!Its

Good grief....

Try speaking to customer relations at CT on the phone. [ she does not even know what those exams are]....:):D

Its all Space cadet stuff with CT.:eek:

Edited by alanfromderby

yeah its a [problem] they probly been gettin away with for years with all the loop holes, i reckon those who fight to the end will get some justice tho they are bankin on people givin up, and yep im 100% certain i was told there was no specific time limit but shud take 2-3 years

I had to shell out 6 grand to Barclays last week cos my years interest was up and i didnt want to risk not paying it, being put on an astronomical rate of interest for a finance agreement and the possibliity of my claim not being upheld by fos in my favour. So, I have basicially been bullied into parting with this money for a course i no longer can complete because Barclays refused to put my account in dispute. not happy

Just had letter from BPF its an arrears notice

no mention of my letter or being in dispute.. just telling me I need to pay the money I owe

For some bizzare reason it states that it shows any arrears since October 2008 ? I signed my finance loan mid December 2009 and made my first payment in January 15th 2010.

signed Anne Smith customer communications manager

So do I contact FOS now?

We were all told the same rubbish, They told us what they thought would entice us to sign their agreement .

Just got the other conclusion from Barclays today to my complaint, thought I'd had that, well this is it this time from the guy that was dealing with it he has for the first time picked out a couple points I made,

he's answered telling me to look at my contract and nowhere on it does it state you were promised employment , well I know that!!! DUH! That's not the point the point is I was told that, along with a lot of other rubbish that wasn't true. and why may I ask did they quote salary figures if a job wasn't being discussed ?

Think it's same letter Pigwig got it says Computeach are brilliant

no extra fees for resits

refer to t&c's you've 2 years from enrolment to complete your training So I have 9 month left to do the whole MCSE/CCNA and have 18month work experience squeezed in they must be magicians.

you'll get a voucher when you ARE READY to sit an exam to take it locally.

this being a big complaint from the students they have they don't GET ready. and ex workers who say the students are held back to make more money out them they must think it's Christmas come early for them as they're wanting more money before they even start with some guys who have paid over£6000:eek: do they think that's fair? :mad:

They will not cancel put account on hold yet they say we advise you continue payment whilst you have an ongoing dispute If the findings are found in your favour then all payments will be reimbursed to you. So they are aware I am still disputing this. Yet never received a reply to the dispute letter. or any other letter other than a payment demand reply.

I'm contemplating what to do now reply or let Hausfeld deal with them.

They have ignored all previous letter. They're a waste of printer ink. :rolleyes:

Someone asked CT for course structure and materials to help them consider whether to accept them or not as is their right ,5 weeks ago They're still waiting. :eek:

Why won't CT answer you guys's questions? If they've nothing to hide it shouldn't be difficult.

Im going to be mailing my documents to Hausfeld very soon, i dont think we personnally are going to get on joy alone doing this. Its ****ing absurd!!

A computeach person whom i was mailing said you have to hit 90% on mock exams before your put into the exam bluedo, thats no doubt the reason for lots of people not getting there vouchers.

I think tHE¦IZARDKING was right, they say it should take 2-3years to complete MCSE+CCNA however that would probably apply to people already working in the Industry. I still dont remember there being a two year contract to do all this!? Its nuts to assume we could have done that considering how much work is involved & it was mean't to be self paced study, if you could only commit a couple hours a day thats all you could do.

On my enrolment form i've got (Blue Bit) i've got no Start Date nor End Date written on it.

I had it pointed out to me today that...

My course cost £4.950.00 [Advent]

CT cost £1,200.00.

So where is the offer from BPF of the balance?

Thats my next complaint to BPF, and to FOS when i finally get the response from BPF that they have acknowledged or received my dispute letter and have declined the dispute.

I have also not got a start and end date on my BPF/Advent agreement.

None of this can possibly stand up in a court of law.:confused:

Its like dealing with the bank at Trumpton.

Im going to be mailing my documents to Hausfeld very soon, i dont think we personnally are going to get on joy alone doing this. Its ****ing absurd!!

A computeach person whom i was mailing said you have to hit 90% on mock exams before your put into the exam bluedo, thats no doubt the reason for lots of people not getting there vouchers.

I think tHE¦IZARDKING was right, they say it should take 2-3years to complete MCSE+CCNA however that would probably apply to people already working in the Industry. I still dont remember there being a two year contract to do all this!? Its nuts to assume we could have done that considering how much work is involved & it was mean't to be self paced study, if you could only commit a couple hours a day thats all you could do.

On my enrolment form i've got (Blue Bit) i've got no Start Date nor End Date written on it.

I was told you are guaranteed to pass exams and don't worry it takes as long as it takes if you pass initial exams within 3 month you could get work and continue to study and it can take some people 3 years or longer up to 10years :eek: if needed but hopefully you will be qualified long before that and making lots of cash. Don't know how I fell for that bull:-x

Oh! nearly forgot, To hurry hurry and sign so not to miss the chance as there was limited spaces available.

My enrolment form is blank not a pen mark on it and I have 3 copies blue, pink and white.

quoteI have also not got a start and end date on my BPF/Advent agreement.

None of this can possibly stand up in a court of law.

Its like dealing with the bank at Trumpton.quote

:D lol bet you'd get better service if you were

i was with them 2 n a half and only got thru comptia exams due to all the resits for crappy mocks which were def a stumbling block to slow us down as i passed both actual exams first time, at that rate it wud have taken me 20 years to finish an mcse its a racket

HI Fuzzbutt.. What is happening with the legal side of things does it look like we have a leg to stand in regards to all the finance agreements.. Once again thanks for all your hard work..

You're welcome....I'm awaiting a copy of the letter that is going to Barclays from the solicitor this week to post up on the website. The ball will be in Barclays court then. Either they'll act like assholes and end up taken to court or they'll cave in and pay up. I suspect the former because they are so arrogant and desperate.

But they won't win.

i got a reply today regarding the letter i sent to put my account in dispute..they said this..

Dear Mr Hankin

Were sorry that you have a reason to complain,but thank you for raising your complaint and giving us the opportunity to help you put it right.

just to let you know what happens now. Your complaint will be assigned to a dedicated complaint handler winthin our customer relations team who will work to resolve it as soon as possible. They will carry out an investigation into the concerns you've raised and will contact you by telephone or letter within the next 15 working days.

whilst we do sympathise with your situation, until we have resolved this matter you must continue to make payments as per the terms of your credit agreement. Please be assured that this does not affect your statutory rights.

please find details overleaf on how we deal with customer complaints,to help you understand the process we follow and what you can expect.

we'll be in touch shortly,meanwhile if you have any additional information or questions please contact the customer relations on 0844 811 9033

yours sincerely

justine lynch

signed in blue pen!!!

now on the 23rd of this month i am expected to pay,should i ignore? i am going to see my solictor on friday about another claim,hes gd so i will ask about this aswell.

Either they'll act like assholes and end up taken to court or they'll cave in and pay up. I suspect the former because they are so arrogant and desperate.

So do I.

I would expect a hard nosed attitude through all the initial statements, case management and preliminaries. If it looks like they will lose, to avoid the publicity and therefore open the floodgates, they will do a deal outside the courtroom door.

David

So do I.

I would expect a hard nosed attitude through all the initial statements, case management and preliminaries. If it looks like they will lose, to avoid the publicity and therefore open the floodgates, they will do a deal outside the courtroom door.

David

Interesting thought there.

I was reading somewhere recently that Barclay's dont do court.

They dont like bad press, thats not good for customer relations.

Thats why they do the hard telephone threats, and threats of dept collectors etc.

Google 'Mercers' - their dept collecting dept [ and Mercers are in house ]

not an outside dept collecting agency [as Barclays like to say in their telephone threats]

'Mercers' reading on the tinternet makes for some serious bulls##t threats.Its like some Horror story.

Edited by lowdown

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks