Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dealing With Debt Collectors & Bailiffs

Whilst you are still bound by the contract you signed with the creditor it is important to remember that they are not allowed to treat you unfairly and make unreasonable demands. You are protected by the law (e.g. the Administration of Justice Act 1970 which protects you from harassment) and you should not be made to feel like a criminal. Often when a debt collector or bailiff realizes you are aware of your rights and willing to stand up to them they will move on to an easier target.

We have outlined below some of the behaviour the OFT regards as unfair: If you are subjected to any of the below then you should keep a detailed record of it and consider making a complaint.

Contacting you at unreasonable times of the day. (e.g. After 9pm)

Using confusing legal terms or implying that not paying the debt is a legal offence.

Asking you to phone them on expensive premium rate numbers.

Sending letters that look like court correspondence or stating that they can seize your household goods.

Contacting you too frequently. This is debatable but anything over 3 times a day would certainly be seen as excessive.

Pressurizing you to sell your property or borrow money elsewhere to settle the debt.

Asking you to pay in full or in instalments you clearly cannot afford.

Using threatening language or making threatening gestures.

Ignoring disputes about whether you owe the money. They should suspend any legal action until this is resolved in writing.

Embarrassing you in public. e.g. asking you for payments in public. They should not visit you at work or somewhere like a hospital.

Threatening to tell a third party about your debts such as a neighbour, your family or employer. They should not discuss your debt with anyone else - even a partner.

Refusing to deal with a 3rd party acting on your behalf.

Adding unreasonable costs - most would charge around £12 for every call or letter which is acceptable.

If they visit your home they should give you prior notice and not visit you if they know you are ill or vulnerable. They should leave if they find you are unwell or distressed.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I received a letter today from bpf saying they are thoroughly investigating and by 27 may they will provide me detailed response. by the way my dd is cancelled and not answering their phone call.

Hey Joyhouk!

Would you mind telling us what you wrote in your letter as your complaints that they then returned saying they were looking into it please?

I've just had my final response letter saying they'renot going to do anything!:( I'm gutted!...shouldn't really be surprised but gutted!

Yours sounds much more promising!

Hi Lowdown,

To my mind the fact they won't put in writing any of these points proves it's all whitewash to secure and tie us into more debt.

I don't see why we should have to prove these points the FOS should have plenty of evidence of their incompetence and we shouldn't have to be the ones to defend ourselves when we are the ones being stitched up.

Barclays put in my letter today-

Computeach have confirmed they do not charge any extra to resit exams.

Computeach will also provide vouchers upon request, where you wish to sit your exams at a local test centre.

Advent have not promised that there will be a job at the end of this training.

...I didn't even say we were guaranteed a job, just that there was a dedicated recruitment team! Nobs!

but I guess there it is in writing!

the idiots also said if i supply more evidence they may be able to look into it further, then the next paragraph said the complaints procedure has now been exhausted, final response!...fos!!!

boo for barclays!!!!

Computeach will also provide vouchers upon request, where you wish to sit your exams at a local test centre.

Advent have not promised that there will be a job at the end of this training.

...I didn't even say we were guaranteed a job, just that there was a dedicated recruitment team! Nobs!

but I guess there it is in writing!

the idiots also said if i supply more evidence they may be able to look into it further, then the next paragraph said the complaints procedure has now been exhausted, final response!...fos!!!

boo for barclays!!!!

Hi Pigwig,

It was Computeach that wouldn't put this in writing as lowdown has requested them to do this. Interesting that Barclay's is doing it for them.

I'm sure they can't be allowed to just make it up to suit themselves because that's what they're doing they're taking everyone's complaints and making it up to fit the criteria. If you supply more evidence they will magically have a solution to fit that too likely.

I hope too that Watchdog will take it on and really get them.8-)

Advent have not promised that there will be a job at the end of this training

They did so and more than that they said if the initial exams were passed that they could get you a job in 3 months

Edited by Bluedo

That is what BPF are saying - Not CT...!!

The point is- CT need to put it in writing, they are supplying the course.

BPF are supplying the loan.

I have asked CT to put it into writing, as of yet they have failed to do this,

Other than direct me to their website, where it does not say this.

Its all BS - come on, they will try anything to get you to pay [bPF]:)

and keep CT afloat.

Hi pigwig

I have sent three letter to bpf. First two I followed bluedo's advise and last one I used template letter from our fuzzbut website.

Yeah pretty much the same as me! bum holes!!!!

oh well...looking forward to winning the case even more now!!

Hey all, been throwing emails back and forth with computeach today. There basically saying that my contract ends in October of this year (only signed up with Advent around Oct 08 ) and after which i have to pay more to complete the course i signed up with!!!

I've already paid the full £6500 last summer, why in HELL should i have to pay even more!!!

Hey all, been throwing emails back and forth with computeach today. There basically saying that my contract ends in October of this year (only signed up with Advent around Oct 08 ) and after which i have to pay more to complete the course i signed up with!!!

I've already paid the full £6500 last summer, why in HELL should i have to pay even more!!!

...because they're bumholes!!!!

I just want to know where people from these "50" complaints that the majority have been upheld by the FOS are according to the Mirror and Daily Record? Would give us great confidence if we could hear from someone who has been successful.

Hello, does this count for Trade 2 careers aswell? I want to cancel my agreement with BPF but don't know how to go about doing it, plus my Gran is the guaranteur for the account and I don't want her to be getting grief from them.

Yesterday I had so many calls from BPF and some other number that I decided to get my phone line diconnected I had about at least 12 plus .

While I was in the Orange shop looking at a phone had three calls, I showed it to the staff members.. one said next time they call give me the phone and I will talk with them.

Anyway.. the line was disconnected this morning and I wont be giving my new number away to them now.

hi all,i just had another phone call from barclays,they really do like wasting our time don't they?

the woman on the phone said it was just a reminder that i had to star repayments again,i explained to her that i had written to them putting the account in dispute as ct are'nt a like for like training provider.

To which she replied that i should be happy with there choice!!!

she then took note of my complaint and checked my account and told me that there was a complaint logged on the account last month!

So they clearly have recieved my letter of dispute and have just chose not to reply to it:evil:!

I,m going to send another letter tomorow this time by recorded delivery

so they'll have to reply!

I just want this to end,

oes anyone think that they'll ever do the decent thing and let us out of this?:?

hi all,i just had another phone call from barclays,they really do like wasting our time don't they?

the woman on the phone said it was just a reminder that i had to star repayments again,i explained to her that i had written to them putting the account in dispute as ct are'nt a like for like training provider.

To which she replied that i should be happy with there choice!!!

she then took note of my complaint and checked my account and told me that there was a complaint logged on the account last month!

So they clearly have recieved my letter of dispute and have just chose not to reply to it:evil:!

I,m going to send another letter tomorow this time by recorded delivery

so they'll have to reply!

I just want this to end,

oes anyone think that they'll ever do the decent thing and let us out of this?:?

I refused to answer when they called.. dont know if it was the right thing to do.. but I looked at it that they was ticking their boxes by informing me what they wanted to do.

Myself I think they will have to eventually.. though I think at the moment they are sorting the wheat from the chaff.. those that will bow down under the pressure.. the rest like us.. they will have to deal with.. either in or out of court

I refused to answer when they called.. dont know if it was the right thing to do.. but I looked at it that they was ticking their boxes by informing me what they wanted to do.

Myself I think they will have to eventually.. though I think at the moment they are sorting the wheat from the chaff.. those that will bow down under the pressure.. the rest like us.. they will have to deal with.. either in or out of court

Given BPF Glasgow is closing in the summer and most staff there are getting the bullet, the staff seem very keen.

Bet they haven't told the staff yet exactly who is getting the sack and who still has a job.

David

Seems like bpf messed up. yesterday i received letter from bpf saying they are investigated and by 27 may they will give me full detailed response. today they text me for make a payment but they don't know me i will never pay them. I'm waiting for Hausfeld, thanks again fuzzbutt for leading us.

Given BPF Glasgow is closing in the summer and most staff there are getting the bullet, the staff seem very keen.

Bet they haven't told the staff yet exactly who is getting the sack and who still has a job.

David

well either way.. the only way to contact me now is by letter.

They abused that they had my mobile number, and what they did was not pleasent.. so my response is as always in this situation.. I dont want to hear it.

there is no way they will ever get me to be a computeach student..

even if they offered me free unlimited everything for the rest of my life with large fries to go.. I dont want it, I know I would be wasting my life studying with that company.

it seems to be Bpf is trying to play another mind game..just wondering they are calling me only once in a day.i just answered y'day and ignored the call today..do i need to send them the dispute letter again? coz the lady y'day told me that they had no letters from me, i did a recorded delivery and i can see some one signed for it. they lost their minds somewhere..its better to find themselves instead of wasting out time.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks