Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello guys,please.. desperate help is needed for me now..i can't think about any thing right now becoz of the stress BpF gave me today. I had a call this morning form bpf asking payment for this month. when he asked me straight away for my debit card details..i lost my temper and had a right go wit him. i know they started their tactics for harassing all of us. without any notice how can they remove freeze on the accounts?? when i refuse to give my details he threatened me that it would affect my credit rating and also mentioned about debt collecting notices..i know they cann't get over us. All i want to know is about fuzzbutt's case action..can anyone plz tell me what i need to send to the mentioned mailid and also do u think if all of us make individual complaint to [email protected] make a difference to the situation...

hello guys,please.. desperate help is needed for me now..i can't think about any thing right now becoz of the stress BpF gave me today. I had a call this morning form bpf asking payment for this month. when he asked me straight away for my debit card details..i lost my temper and had a right go wit him. i know they started their tactics for harassing all of us. without any notice how can they remove freeze on the accounts?? when i refuse to give my details he threatened me that it would affect my credit rating and also mentioned about debt collecting notices..i know they cann't get over us. All i want to know is about fuzzbutt's case action..can anyone plz tell me what i need to send to the mentioned mailid and also do u think if all of us make individual complaint to [email protected] make a difference to the situation...

Hi raj4u,

You need to write a letter to BPF and state you are putting this account in Dispute state your case the reasons why.

basically you are not receiving a service and haven't done for 3months which is unacceptable. add your reasons why Computeach are not like for like and any other complaint you have with them if they sent payment demands to an account that was on hold is unfair trading practices. etc.,

State clearly you now consider this account in Dispute. and that they do not add charges or report data to the CRA's as you are taking legal advice and until this matter is investigated by the FOS they are now in dispute.

Just email [email protected] give your real name who you are funded by and your email address.

You're in the same boat as me Barclays are a nightmare that's why I'm still here at this time. the stress is awful.

Hi folks, I'd like to quote two things we might have missed out:

1: (BPF fob off letter): (...) You are of course at liberty not to undertake the training with the new provider (...) - they clearly admit they cannot force you into agreement with Computeach, however in spite of that they still want you to pay instalments (@!$%#!^#!^#@!#%!)

2: Contract with Advent - definition of "Term" - indicates the Term may be extended over two years, but points to your death event (probably by mistake I assume), and point 11.1 - "Neither you nor we shall be deemed to be in the breach of the contract, or otherwise be liable to to the other, for any delay in performance or the non-performance of any obligations under the contract, to the extent that the delay in performance or non-performance is due to any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the non-performing party and the non-performing party has notified the other party of the circumstances for the non-performance. Where such situation occurs the time for performance of the obligation shall be extended to take account of the delay" - and that's what what makes contract with advent extendable with no further financial outlay...!!!!!!

Fuzzbutt, any news?

Edited by panliberski
don't ask stupid questions

another important thing - letter says: your contract with us is for unsecured personal loan... careful - that's a lie but important! It's a finance agreement, not a personal loan, and CCA may not apply if u miss that :/

tell me i'm wrong

8.- (1) A personal credit agreement is an agreement between an individual ("the debtor") and any other person ("the creditor") by which the creditor provides the debtor with credit of any amount.

12. A debtor-creditor-supplier agreement is a regulated consumer credit agreement being -

(a) a restricted use credit agreement which falls within section 11(1)(a), or

(b) a restricted use credit agreement which falls within section 11(1)(b) and is made by the creditor under preexisting arrangements, or in contemplation of future arrangements, between himself and the supplier, or

© an unrestricted use credit agreement which is made by the creditor under preexisting arrangements between himself and a person (the "supplier") other than the debtor in the knowledge that the credit is to be used to finance a transaction between the debtor and the supplier.

75 — (1) If the debtor under a debtor-creditor-supplier agreement falling within section 12(b) or © has, in relation to a transaction financed by the agreement, any claim against the supplier in respect of a misrepresentation or breach of contract, he shall have a like claim against the creditor, who, with the supplier, shall accordingly be jointly and severally liable to the debtor.

as I understand it - if you agree with Barclays Partner Finance that your contract is for a loan as described in paragraph 8 - then paragraph 75 wouldn't apply.

If your credit is for more than 5000, paragraph 8 doesn't apply (?)8(2)

Edited by panliberski
quote from cca 1974

Hopefully something to pass on from the legal team soon everyone - they are considering a lot of issues at the mo with nearly 300 people on the list now, some paid off, some being threatened in arrears etc. Hoping the Access 2 Trade can be included too as their situation is very similar.

Meanwhile I think Bluedos advice above makes sense, insist this is not resolved and in dispute so you are not obliged to pay BPF anything, plus get your complaint in to the Ombudsman if you haven't already. Their process is pretty slow at the moment but they do reply if you send them new material for your case, and it costs nothing afterall. Keep copies of everything you send and let them have copies of all the bull**** letters from Barclays.

BPF do not even seem to take on board letters from Trading Standards, they are so convinced they can bluff and bully their way out of it, but all ammo is useful.

I received my fob-off letter to my 1st complaint today from BARCLAYS PARTNER FINANCE with the usual "let us help you ourselves before you contact FOS" line. Do I need to complain to them again if I'm not satisified with this answer or go straight to FOS or do I have to wait 8 weeks - I'm a bit confused. :confused:

You can complaint to the Ombudsman if BPF have given you a final response and you are unhappy and/or the complaint has taken over 8 weeks (since your first letter) to resolve.

Its not much but BPF do get fined for every complaint that we make to the FOS also.

Hi everyone, First post.

Had been following this forum until my partner suffered a miscarriage a few weeks ago and this whole thing went to the back of my mind. It's great that it's still going, I need to read through about 50 pages here to catch up.

My situation is perhaps slightly different to a lot of people in that my 'two year limit' was up quite a while ago. I initially signed up to study the MCDBA course with Advent in November 06 with all the same promises as the rest of you. I was in fact told I could take 10 years to complete if I wished, and was advised that it would realistically take me 3 years. I was on track to complete in three years when this qualification was retired. They never mentioned that this would happen in the interview!

In January 2009, 2 months AFTER the two year expiry date they offered me a place FREE OF CHARGE on the new MCITP course, which I took. So that's 4 more modules to complete after the two year expiry date!

My brother is a solicitor and has been advising me so far, Fuzzbutt he emailed you at the end of last week about what you are doing (my head is in quite a different place at the moment), which he thinks is great.

thanx alot Bluedo..just emailed Fuzzbut..and need to complain FOS. Guys your help is really making me to relax a bit..cheeers.

Whatever BPF throw at us they can't get away with the fact that there is no-one on here or on Facebook that is receiving training so fundamentally they have not provided nothing. they think that by redirecting us to a substandard company that was already in their back pocket that they've done their bit.

Also they say you don't have to accept Computeach but will still need to pay them, FOR WHAT? :-x who do they think they are or do they think we are all stupid.

If you buy an item and it is unsuitable and take it back then they say we'll give you a replacement that costs less and is unreliable and if you don't accept it tough you still need to pay. Isn't that Bait and Switch and the law is quite clear. This is tantamount to fraud. :-x

They tell you one thing and sell you another. I am so mad for all the stress they're causing everyone and one of their bonuses would likely sort us all out

they make me sick.

I just had my letter from Barclays partner Finance with regards to their "finding me" a suitable training provider ie computeach.

the letter basicly states that they have now completed their side of things and now expect me to start paying again.

So I called them and told the guy who answered that I still concidered the matter open and my account on hold as I did not wish to be again a computeach student.

He told me he could not put my account on hold, I need to write in with my complaints.. I asked if I could speak to the customer services manager.. but he replied not until I have written in with my points of issue.

So I informed him that under no cirumstances was they to give computeach money on my behalf and that I had cancelled my direct debit and this was in response to their letter.

I am not refusing to pay barclays money I have never reneiged on a debt before.. but as I pointed out to this guy.. the choice I am being given is go to computeach.. or else, this I feel is totally unacceptable

I cant wait any longer for the letter from Martin, I need to write in my letter of complaint now so its registered with Barclays in writing.

I was also wondering

Does anyone know of or has heard of ANYONE actually passing all the exams and courses provided by computeach?

It would be nice to know

As an ex -student of theirs I am not aware of any.. and some of my mates tried a lot harder than I did.. I realised I was being taken for a ride and went and studied with Open Univercity instead... but all this happened many years ago..

someone must know something?? :idea:

10 pack it's important that you place the account in Dispute and report them to the FOS.

Everyone join the legal action being taken at least then you will all receive proper guidance. I don't think we have a chance against them on our own. As this is just the beginning and they're showing how arrogant and uncooperative

they are by their replies. they have totally ignored our previous issues and not replied regarding any issues raised.

FYI

Anyone who is in the "12 months interest free period" we were so generously sold by the Advent Sales Rep you can actually have this extended by the amount of time it took them to find new provider.

However Barclays have not told anyone this you have to ask for it.

You would have thought they may have done this automatically.

I only came about it because I asked what was gonna happen.

Might hold off payments for a while if anyone is stuck.

Hope this helps.

hi, thanks alot, that was true,

was a wonderfull help to know that, thanks ...

guys, remember to ask them exactly about this, at first she said I've to pay on may, when i ask about this again, she said ok, july!!!!

well, i asked them to confirm taht in writing, but at the moment is great to have more time before pay £6000 for nothing!

hope something good happen by then......

Hopefully something to pass on from the legal team soon everyone - they are considering a lot of issues at the mo with nearly 300 people on the list now, some paid off, some being threatened in arrears etc. Hoping the Access 2 Trade can be included too as their situation is very similar.

Meanwhile I think Bluedos advice above makes sense, insist this is not resolved and in dispute so you are not obliged to pay BPF anything, plus get your complaint in to the Ombudsman if you haven't already. Their process is pretty slow at the moment but they do reply if you send them new material for your case, and it costs nothing afterall. Keep copies of everything you send and let them have copies of all the bull**** letters from Barclays.

BPF do not even seem to take on board letters from Trading Standards, they are so convinced they can bluff and bully their way out of it, but all ammo is useful.

hi fuzzbutt,

thanks alot for all the great job you doing...

how can i make sure you got my mail and include me in that list? was i soppuse to get a reply? shall i send it again? i just dont want to miss anythings against them,,, i've joined 2 facebook groups, signed petition, wrote to consumer direct, wrote to fos, saw citizen advisor, and.....

you are my biggest hope....

thank god i found you guys,,,, i'm having a really hard time by stress and depression.... you guys help me a lot....

thanks again ,,,

I'm the same wasted my money Advent would not contact me for months always seem to be avoiding answering questions, we will get nothing if you paid cash they stole it as far as i am concerned i bet you the company directors are still driving their expensive cars, the bank will get the lion share of the assets whats left will be thrown to the wolves:-x

Well I think there's a couple of points there that they'll be interested in ;)

1. Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, businesses that offer consumer credit or hire must have a consumer credit licence. The OFT has a duty to protect the interests of consumers by monitoring the fitness of applicants and licence holders.

2. In considering fitness the OFT will take into account a number of factors including:

any offence or conviction of violence or dishonesty carried out by the business or anyone involved in running the business

failure to comply with the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act or other consumer protection legislation

consumer complaints and evidence of unfair business practices

evidence of discrimination on grounds of sex, colour, race or ethnic/national origin.

disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed.

Edited by Bluedo

You can complaint to the Ombudsman if BPF have given you a final response and you are unhappy and/or the complaint has taken over 8 weeks (since your first letter) to resolve.

Its not much but BPF do get fined for every complaint that we make to the FOS also.

Thanks Savarok so if I'm understanding this right - I have to wait 8 weeks from date of my 1st letter before I can go to FOS? And meantime do I do nothing or keep complaining to BPF until 8 weeks is up? And what about Trading Standards / CAB - should I involve them too now or wait for Fuzzy's friend. ;)

Incidentally I got the next BPF letter today, as others have, stating next payment due 15th May!!! :-x

Thanks Savarok so if I'm understanding this right - I have to wait 8 weeks from date of my 1st letter before I can go to FOS? And meantime do I do nothing or keep complaining to BPF until 8 weeks is up? And what about Trading Standards / CAB - should I involve them too now or wait for Fuzzy's friend. ;)

Incidentally I got the next BPF letter today, as others have, stating next payment due 15th May!!! :-x

This is how it works:

1. You complain to BPF.

2. When BPF reply stating that they do not accept your complaint - you can then refer it to the FOS. OR. If BPF fail to respond at all for 8 weeks - you can then refer it to the FOS.

I received a letter from BPF recently (as did a lot of other people). This was, in effect, BPF's final answer. In it, they stated that they had acted in accordance with their responsibilities etc. I have, therefore, referred the matter to the FOS.

Hey all ive just signed up with the consumer group. Ive been keeping up with all the threads on this forum and like yourselves are in dispute with barclays partner finance. Ive been sitting around waiting for something to happen but now enough is enough. I want this whole mess sorted out as soon as possible. I signed up with advent september 09 I took out a 5year finance plan through the sales rep, only made a few payments but they are not getting anymore. Im going to email fuzzbutt with my details.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks