Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The BBC are looking for people in the Midlands to interview on camera. I would have done it, but I'm full of flu at the moment and just not feeling up to it.

I paid off the Career Developement Loan with Barclays just before Christmas and now I have nothing to show for it. :mad:

GREAAAAT!

That means that we are doing a good job posting and Calling!

I hope we get a better End of this stupid Story!!!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK! :lol:

I have just called Barclays - what a waste of time, all they kept saying was they will be writing to us all advising us they will be finding an alternative provider????? F**K that i want my money back not a new provider, we need to all say no to alternatives..........

Hi all,

I'm in that horrible position of having paid up front for everything. I'm half way through a course, have three more exams to do. now faced with having to pay twice. sickening.

I can't see any way i'm getting any money back. Why is it always the customer that is the last in line to be repayed?

I too have contacted Watchdog, tried CAB but they never answer the phone.

I have just called Barclays - what a waste of time, all they kept saying was they will be writing to us all advising us they will be finding an alternative provider????? F**K that i want my money back not a new provider, we need to all say no to alternatives..........

Well Bro. That is exactly what I want, My money back, I don't want to take any risk anymore and In a year time again the same so Barclays suck My Blood again and again! :-x , no, My choice, I think I have one, Is my money Back, No new Provider, Wasting my time and Life and then Nothing in the end! MONEY BACK EVERYONE! :lol:

Is the same that they said to me, but the girls did say money back as well!

Just be thankful that you are lucky enough to continue the course and not lose your money!!

Hi, i have just had an interview with West Midlands BBC Radio station even tough I'm from Kent - they never asked where I was from, It will be aired on the Nathan Turvey show which starts at 5.00 and can also be found on I player later in the day. He wants to be kept informed with what is happening - he can be found on facebook if you search for him, in case anyone wants to provide him with any info. Thinking of starting a facebook petition seems to have worked well with other things in the past

Exactly what ive been told.

I applied for my mock in august, Advent said that i needed to complete the practice cd rom which i had, they wanted proof which i sent. No response from then on, ignored my emails, and when spoke to mentor on phone was told that it would be emailed to me asap.

That was back in August, i didnt know that I could have gone to Barclays about it, 7 months have now been wasted which i could possibly have been on module 4 by now, i have 8 months left on my contract!!

Hi people, i'm currently having the same problem...

I have phoned the BBC West Midlands news room and they want to come and take a recording of me in 30 mins about the situation.

It will be aired tonight at 6:30pm on BBC West Midlands news.

Lets get the word out and try and get what we are deserved back.

They are no longer dealing with MCSE or CompTIA tho was told about this!

We was not told our cert would be worth nothing after the data they gave us.

i think barclays will have a hard time finding us what we all payed for now.. looks like money back or a high bill

personal i will not do a home study i will save up and pay for my exams myself may cost more but you get what you pay for...

come to think about it the books they gave us was made in 2007 ( plus the time to write it. ) book is older than my grandma.

I don't see how all this is going to change anything for most people. My £4750 is gone.

what you are telling me?

Not to figth for my £6,869 pounds?

You have post 3 Comments on this forum, Each of them Very Pessimist!

I'm not letting my money go, and If you work for ADVENT or BARCLAYS you can tell them that I'm looking after them!

Is not over!

:-x

what you are telling me?

Not to figth for my £6,869 pounds?

You have post 3 Comments on this forum, Each of them Very Pessimist!

I'm not letting my money go, and If you work for ADVENT or BARCLAYS you can tell them that I'm looking after them!

Is not over!

:-x

What I am saying is that Advent aren't going to be refunding the money direct to us, or via the credit company we borrowed the money from. It looks like some people might have something in the initial agreement that covers them for what has happened and may be lucky enough to continue the course with another training provider or possibly get a partial refund. But it seems that most of us will lose our money.

I am due to start paying off my course at the end of February after the years payment holiday, obviously I don't want to do this. Does anybody have any info on this?

Can anyone upload a copy of the contract for Advent and Barclays Finance I have "misplaced" mine. I have contacted a law firm and they need to read the small print. I will of course post any of my findings.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks