Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No Mantaxi and wait till you hear this I have a blank 3 page blue pink and white copies of the enrolment unsigned by me or them but signed and scanned a copy and sent it email that's how big a hurry they were in to get me.

Did you get the Barclays terms download?

if it is the same as advent then yes cheers if not no.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if it is the same as advent then yes cheers if not no.

It said on the blue link Advent zip but there should have been both advent and Barclays Terms saying this agreement is between us Barclays Partner Finance and you the person named as the customer

The solicitor did state that BPF will fight this all the way and that having looked at the the enrolment form, loan agreement, terms and pre-contract details there was little to link Advent to the actual finance (not good)....QUOTE

Hi CJ

Thanks for posting that

What did the solicitor mean "there was little to link Advent to the actual finance.?

All the letters from BPF refer to Advent Consulting Ltd doesn't that link them?

I am looking for a cancellation too as I've not started to pay yet don't know how it'll work out.

The physical financial agreement with BPF does not mention Advent, basically they will try and say it is just a lump sum (loan) that they have paid and now require back. They (BPF) are trying to honor the financial package and as Advent aren't mentioned in the agreement, then they have a very strong case which would need to go to court to get a decision....

If you get negative feed back from latest letter (the one they have given you a date that they will reply by) then I suggest looking into any other loan, credit or insurance agreements you may have as some/most of us should be covered in these packages for legal help, it's kind of a safety net for if you get into trouble they can help so that they get their money back. There will be a limit (maximum amount they will spend in such circumstances as you making a claim), but it is a fall back point.... I am watching what is going on on here.. Waiting for someone to get a reply with regards to the free legal advice letter, if that comes back negative I will be looking into getting legal help through one of the above mentioned.

BPF wont just walk away from this, it's not in their interest to, and I think the whole FO thing may take too long to get sorted which leaves us all in a sticky situation. Their is strength in numbers, but we would all need to be singing from the same hymn sheet and all be doing the exact same thing, maybe one solicitor to represent all???? I understand some peoples circumstances are different, and as you and I aren't claiming money back it would need several of us to take the plunge with a solicitor to gain any weight behind our claim and doing this would cancel any previous complaint made to the FO as you would alternative legal representation.

Hope this helps and if I can help further, please just ask.

Cj.

just been reading my advent contract, read clause 10 to 10.1.1 on your contracts. i believe this is termination of the contract. if so why are b.p.f. argueing that the contract has not been broken? just checked my copy of the contract again and definatly no salesman signature. clause 2 to 2.1 no signature no contract. only 1 person has replied to my earlier question about the sig on the blue copy, has anyone else got a salesmans sig on thier copy?

I've just been reading the thread, and the talk about the the Advent contract not being signed by the salesman. Well i've looked on my Hitachi Fixed loan agreement form, and right at the bottem below where I have signed it, there is a space for the supplier, on behalf of Hitachi to sign and date the agreement. Mine has not been signed. Has anyone got a Barclay's unsigned agreement form?

The physical financial agreement with BPF does not mention Advent, basically they will try and say it is just a lump sum (loan) that they have paid and now require back.

My loan was for a plumbing course with access 2 trade. On the loan agreement about half way down it says, "Retailer Name: Anglo Capital Ltd". That's the parent company. If your doesn't say this, check to see if you have any other paperwork from Barclays mentioning the service provider. I have another letter saying, "Thank you for application for an Anglo Capital Ltd account financed by Barclays Partner Finance." and another one that says something similar. Check all your paperwork from Barclays in case it says Advent/Anglo Capital anywhere else if it's definately on your loan agreement.

Hi again CJ,

Thanks for that I think what you may be talking about is a class action but don't know much about it I think if a lot of peeps get together in a case that's what it's called. need to look into that.

On the terms of the agreement it says...Thanks for applying for finance through Advent Consulting Ltd .

But what is surprising here is on the agreement itself it says

Other Financial Information...

Goods or Services MCSE+CCNA

total cash price of £-----

Advance Payment £0.00

total charge for credit....

made up of interest..£----

Why the secrecy about the Advance payment or does anyone think that they don't send it upfront just say they do and it says I would be notified of the advance date but I can't find any notice of that did anyone get that

at the bottom of the finance agreement itself it says....

Retailer Name Advent Consulting Ltd

Cj check yours see what it says bottom right of agreement

Edited by Bluedo

I've just been reading the thread, and the talk about the the Advent contract not being signed by the salesman. Well i've looked on my Hitachi Fixed loan agreement form, and right at the bottem below where I have signed it, there is a space for the supplier, on behalf of Hitachi to sign and date the agreement. Mine has not been signed. Has anyone got a Barclay's unsigned agreement form?

Hi Gaz, mine says signed for and on behalf of Barclays Partner Finance although it's just a squiggle.

If yours isn't signed then that something to look into is it valid? what do the terms say.

Bet we'll all read the small print in future :eek:

Did anyone ever get told the amount of time you had to cancel the agreement? I have just been looking over my paper work again and I am sure I never received anything in writing with regards to canceling the agreement. All it says on the contract paperwork is "you will have for a short time the right to cancel"..... Just how long exactly is never stated.....

Could this add to our argument? After all this is very unclear....

Just another quick note, just checked all my correspondence from BPF and the first letter notifying me of Advent ceasing trading was dated 28/01/10, that means by next Thursday (25/03/10) BPF will have had 8 weeks in which to source a new provider, if we are no nearer a answer from them by this date I believe we can all claim breach of contract due to the time elapsed without a provider.

there is a section which states, under 6.2 of the contract

'we may assign our rights under this agreement to any person or company which is a bank or other financial institution'

Does this mean they can easily out do us and keep the money by passing the contract to and fro? There by restarting the complaints procedure over again?

there is a section which states, under 6.2 of the contract

'we may assign our rights under this agreement to any person or company which is a bank or other financial institution'

Does this mean they can easily out do us and keep the money by passing the contract to and fro? There by restarting the complaints procedure over again?

I would think that Section 3 of Our Rights stops them from doing this, because it does state, If the provider goes out of business we may be able to sue them (BPF).

**EVERYONE**

Send an e-mail to the ONE SHOW regarding what is going on with advent and Barclays, lets get if publicised as much as we can. if the one show are already considering doing a report on the situation, this will be more ammo for them.. Please please do this, lets show Barclays and Advent for what they are..

You never know what might come of it.

I'm going to send my story to Dom, link below.

BBC - The One Show - Get Involved

I bet everyone has got a copy of a letter you have sent to consumer direct or somthing just to copy to them.

Hi again CJ,

Thanks for that I think what you may be talking about is a class action but don't know much about it I think if a lot of peeps get together in a case that's what it's called. need to look into that.

On the terms of the agreement it says...Thanks for applying for finance through Advent Consulting Ltd .

But what is surprising here is on the agreement itself it says

Other Financial Information...

Goods or Services MCSE+CCNA

total cash price of £-----

Advance Payment £0.00

total charge for credit....

made up of interest..£----

Why the secrecy about the Advance payment or does anyone think that they don't send it upfront just say they do and it says I would be notified of the advance date but I can't find any notice of that did anyone get that

at the bottom of the finance agreement itself it says....

Retailer Name Advent Consulting Ltd

Cj check yours see what it says bottom right of agreement

I think the Advance Payment and Advance Date are 2 seperate things. The Advance Date is the date Barclays are supposed to release the funds to Anglo Capital. I too can't find any paperwork including this date. Advance Payment is any up-front payment you made for the course instead of taking out the full loan. If you didn't make an up-front payment this will just show as nil

Good morning everyone!

This is my first post in this website. Personally I've visited my local MP, citizen advice bureau and Law centre to see if there is anything that I can do to cancel my agreement with BARCLAYS but apparently this is a complicated situation which needs time to be solved!

What I have done with BARCLAYS just like you guys was to phoned them asking to hold my account.

This morning I have received a new letter from BARCLAYS which says they are in discussions with an alternative supplier and they will set us up with a new training centre.

I also have had a discussion with BARCLAYS saying that I am not happy to deal with a new provider. However, I have been told that there is not going to be any options.

have you guys received the same letter yet ? What should we do ?

any advise will be appreciated..

Thanks

Good morning everyone!

This is my first post in this website. Personally I've visited my local MP, citizen advice bureau and Law centre to see if there is anything that I can do to cancel my agreement with BARCLAYS but apparently this is a complicated situation which needs time to be solved!

What I have done with BARCLAYS just like you guys was to phoned them asking to hold my account.

This morning I have received a new letter from BARCLAYS which says they are in discussions with an alternative supplier and they will set us up with a new training centre.

I also have had a discussion with BARCLAYS saying that I am not happy to deal with a new provider. However, I have been told that there is not going to be any options.

have you guys received the same letter yet ? What should we do ?

any advise will be appreciated..

Thanks

Hi Masoud

Everyone has recieved the same old guff from Barclays at some point down the line. Don't just accept what they tell you. When they say, "there is not going to be any options", that's what they want you to believe and accept, but that's not necessarily the case. Barclays know this can go either way at the moment so just keep fighting your corner.

Hi to all

Here is another victim to add to the site. I`ve managed to freeze my account with BPF, after a bloody good argument with them on the phone. However i still got hounded for the money. Geared up this morning to have another go, after contacting my local TS (who i must admit was very helpfull). Thankfully it is done know. I recieved my letter saying that they are in "disussion with a suitable alternative supplier", we shall see. Hopefully this will be there down fall. I went ahead and done what a4ron suggested and contacted The One Show, please lets all do it!!

BBC - The One Show - Get Involved

You never know.

I personaly think it is a waiting game know. So as Matthew Lee said, keep fighting your corner.

Just sent a letter to Barclays stating that this is my final letter before going to a solicitor and I will also be suing for costs incurred if they do not comply with my request within 14 days. My loan agreement states, " Retailer Name: Anglo Capital Ltd", not "Anyone that can provide the training". So even if new owners buy Access 2 Trade, if won't be Anglo Capital.

I'll let you all now how this goes and if there're any signs of them buckling.

Thanks Mathew it's all as clear as mud :smile:

Welcome Masoud and Eugene there's tons of help on here and if you need help with letters just ask there's been a couple good 1's posted on the thread that I've used and feel free to copy them. If you can't find them give us a shout.

BPF seem to post out these we are sourcing a new provider unless you take it the next step and send a complaint letter and let them know you know your rights under s75 consumer credit act or a letter before action

I've sent a message to the one show too hope it helps Thanks A4Ron

I also sent that list of all the name changes Advent have had and asked them to look into that as it's not the behaviour of a reputable company. And the unfair situation with BPF wanting to force us onto some training scheme that is not our choice. WHY should they be allowed to do that and I know they're honouring their side as such but ........

Hi

I just found this thread and joined up on the spot.

I also have same problem as you guys.. I signed up with Advent just before the Christmas 2009.

I was made redundant last June and had the link to the Advent site sent to me by Monster.com.

And it was the telesales guy Luke who kept up the pressure to sign up.

I opted for the 3 year 0% finance and he phoned me the next day wanting to know how much deposit I would pay, I was thinking about £100 but he was asking if I could pay half in cash.. I replied it would not be much of an interest free loan then if I was paying so much up front... so I know I have lost my £500 deposit thats for sure.

Thinking about it now I cant help feeling he knew there was a problem with Advent and he was trying to get in as much cash as he could.

I also remember thinking that I should wait until after I had come back from a trip I was going on over the new year.. it must have been my gut telling me something.. I may have changed my mind then and not signed up.

Had letter today 19/03/2010 from Barclays the first communication I have had from them, telling the same as you guys have have had.

I did call up Barclays in begining of Feb asking what was happening the guy was helpful told me all he knew.. even that Barclays was under obligation to provide a course as Good as.. or Better than the course we was on or we could sue Barclays.

That settled me down, but when I had heard nothing for a month I called barclays again and got a woman who was irritated by my questions she told me there was nothing I could do except wait.. she had nothing to tell me I requested that they freeze my account and she said ok.

I just checked my bank account and Barclays was still taking money, so phoned them again another woman again irritated by my questions appologised and said that the dd must have been close to the time I asked for it to be frozen she said she would refund the payments from the date of my request.

I asked how long would I have to wait for Barclays to find an alternative course she said she did not know this, I replied that there must be a reasonable time limit before I should be able to get an answer from them.. otherwise they could just wait until I died of old age.. she just replied that she did not know about it.

As with you all what sold Advent to me was their job centre, it was the reason I signed up otherwise there is nothing going for Advent that any other company could provide and at a much cheaper price.

This is what worries me about Barclays looking for another company.. without the job centre its just a very expensive course definately not worth the £6k.

Good luck to us all 8-)

Thanks Mathew it's all as clear as mud :smile:

Welcome Masoud and Eugene there's tons of help on here and if you need help with letters just ask there's been a couple good 1's posted on the thread that I've used and feel free to copy them. If you can't find them give us a shout.

BPF seem to post out these we are sourcing a new provider unless you take it the next step and send a complaint letter and let them know you know your rights under s75 consumer credit act or a letter before action

I've sent a message to the one show too hope it helps Thanks A4Ron

I also sent that list of all the name changes Advent have had and asked them to look into that as it's not the behaviour of a reputable company. And the unfair situation with BPF wanting to force us onto some training scheme that is not our choice. WHY should they be allowed to do that and I know they're honouring their side as such but ........

I'll send a letter to the one show tonight as well and i'll do watchdog while i'm in the mood as well. I'll make sure I make them aware of the petition as well and that around 1000 people have signed to see if this will grab their attention

Hi 10pack welcome

Thanks for the post the story is the same for us all and what we've been told re Advent helping us find a job in IT if there was 1 or 2 people saying that then they could wriggle out of it but the more people duped by that sales pitch must bear some weight. The course was mis-sold on that alone.

The more of us the better

Mustard 2243 do you know how a class action works and what we'd all have to do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks