Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi just a quick update but I phoned barclays and after a lot of complaining they said they posted a refund cheque for feb and march and should arrive in 5 days.

placing bets on whether it'll arrive or even be the full amount.

Hi just a quick update but I phoned barclays and after a lot of complaining they said they posted a refund cheque for feb and march and should arrive in 5 days.

placing bets on whether it'll arrive or even be the full amount.

Hi PW1

What are they playing at why didn't they just pay it back into your account, like immediately why make you wait 5 days. They're just being awkward a sign of things to come likely and when do banks send cheques, make sure they send you a confirmation in writing that the account is on hold and send a complaint letter recorded delivery to them and then call the FOS

I just rang Pearson Vue and they did confirm Advent had been a test centre with them until just recently, when they'd ceased trading. Still awaiting reply from Prometric , IITT and CompTIA Learning Alliance re; Advent accredited with them.

I just rang Pearson Vue and they did confirm Advent had been a test centre with them until just recently, when they'd ceased trading. Still awaiting reply from Prometric , IITT and CompTIA Learning Alliance re; Advent accredited with them.

Thanks for doing that Fuzzbutt, aww well it was worth a try I think CompTIA will be a bummer too maybe they've removed them since they ceased to trade never mind remains to be seen.

At least we're trying. Keep thinking how we can get a case for mis-selling that we can prove. any suggestions welcome

Will do. The brochure was cleverly worded on the job placement issue, and all I had was the verbal face-to-face fluff about that, unfortunately.

I have kept all the email replies though from the 'mentor' which show just what crap, automated replies I got and no helpful suggestions whatsoever on studying and weak areas from my tests. So I can prove no personal support. They even asked me the same questions about attending a workshop 3 times, after I'd already replied to the first and second apologising for being unable to make it due to work commitments!

My local Trading Standards called me today, very helpful and sympathetic. She said, when I told her what the solicitor's letter we've been sending Barclays said, it was all true and she is also writing to BPF on my behalf. After 8 weeks of BPF not resolving this she advised take up the complaint with the Financial Ombudsman (they won't act before 8 weeks from your initial complaint because they consider that a reasonable time for Barclays to have resolved the issue with you). So I'll do that. You can download the forms from their website.

I asked about a small claims court as the next step if that fails and she said yes, good idea. Pretty unlikely any judge would rule in Barclays favour but they may try to argue the 'we have an alternative trainer' line. But being able to dispute the like for like would blow that out of the water anyway.

I suspect Barclays are going to hang themselves with their own rope anyway, given another month. After all, the longer they let this drag on with no new trainer in place the less impressed any judge will be with their pathetic excuses. And being able to place 1,000+ people on an identical, like for like course anyway is pretty far fetched and so they won't be able to do it. End of game....Barclays last shred of credibility gone. Win win for us.

So I will watch and wait for a few more weeks I think.

Hi Fuzzbutt. Just got off the phone with my TS office here in Edinburgh and they weren't as helpful nor supportive as yours seems to have been. They reckon that BPF will be fullfilling the contract if they find a provider who can match what Advent offered within a resonable amount of time. Any disputes would be a matter dealt with by the courts and that TS can do nothing to help. Not the answer I was hoping for obviously.

I have now called the FS and they are writing to Barclays and giving them 8 weeks from 08/02/2010 (the date of my original complaint letter) to respond to me with a satisfactory resolution.

I think I will also use this letter through the solicitor thet Mantaxi suggested.

Hi Tricla

sorry to hear your TS office have failed you. Sadly, it seems some are more clued up and pro-active than others, not to say run by more experienced staff who perhaps know their consumer law where others aren't so knowledgable.

I'd certainly do the letter Mantaxi posted, as that's had a solicitor's stamp of approval. Might be worth you sending a copy of it to your TS office and pointing that out to them! Plus the Ombudsman complaint.

As an aside, I called Barclays PF today to see if there was any further news (I received a second 'sorry we are looking in to your complaint letter' on Saturday, this time with a date of a response by 23 March promised). The customer services guy said they are still awaiting 'guidance from our directors' and actually suggested I take it forward with the Ombudsman (8 weeks for me due up end of month). :roll:

Hi Tricla

sorry to hear your TS office have failed you. Sadly, it seems some are more clued up and pro-active than others, not to say run by more experienced staff who perhaps know their consumer law where others aren't so knowledgable.

I'd certainly do the letter Mantaxi posted, as that's had a solicitor's stamp of approval. Might be worth you sending a copy of it to your TS office and pointing that out to them! Plus the Ombudsman complaint.

As an aside, I called Barclays PF today to see if there was any further news (I received a second 'sorry we are looking in to your complaint letter' on Saturday, this time with a date of a response by 23 March promised). The customer services guy said they are still awaiting 'guidance from our directors' and actually suggested I take it forward with the Ombudsman (8 weeks for me due up end of month). :roll:

Hi FuzzButt, where did your letter of complaint go to from the FOS? Was it Glasgow or Cardiff? Mine went to Cardiff a few weeks ago (not 8 yet though) and i've not heard anything from Barclays regarding the complaint

I'm not sure, Matthew, as they didn't send me a copy. But Barclays did acknowledge that they'd had it when I phoned, plus the 4 letters from me (including the freelegal solicitor's one).

Might be an idea to ring BPF just to confirm. They won't say anything in writing except the bland mass-produced letter everyone is getting.

Keep thinking how we can get a case for mis-selling that we can prove. any suggestions welcome

When recently reclaiming mis-sold payment protection the main reason given was that I had been mislead into thinking that the loan stood a better chance of being accepted if I took the payment protection.

Is it possible to claim that you were mislead by the Advent sales person suggesting that there were limited spaces available and the place may be offered to another person if it was not accepted within the timescale they gave? I`m not sure on this but may be worth running by a solicitor if you have one?

Hi this is my first time sending a post to this forum...

I received a letter from BPF stating the following:

Please be assured that the concerns you raised are being thoroughly invesitgated and I now expect to contact you by 26 March to provide you with a detailed response, In the meantime, if you wish to contact the customer relations department please call 0844 811 9033

You may at this stage refer this matter to the FIanance and Leasing Association for thier assistance with your complaint, You can contact them on 0207 836 6511 or by logging on to www.fla.org.uk

Has anyone else recieved this letter?

Well that's that then no luck there Mantaxi was worth a try .

I see stu 7676(thanks for that Stu) has suggested trying with the limited places rubbish we were told I've just been looking through Advent guff it says...

"We are currently experiencing an extremely high demand for student places, so unfortunately, we can only hold this offer open to you for a maximum period of 14 days from above date. This period should allow you enough time to complete your enrolment, which will then secure and guarantee your place on above course. that plus the job offer and there is figures on expected salary's.

Still open to suggestions keep thinking

Hi Glodwick no I haven't had that letter just 1 saying they're dealing with my complaint

just spoke to a solicitor and he said it all comes down to what is written in the credit agreement. got to go through it with a fine tooth comb to see whats in it. also said it would be a small claims so can't get any costs. as i posted before i can't find my credit agreement so if anyone could possibly copy theirs and maybe send it to me so i can read it as well i would be very gratefull. my course was the mcse.

thanks for that bluedo got the advent one but is the barclays just loan agreement? not sure of t&c

The Barclay's 1 is the contract finance agreement that is what your solicitor will want to see.

I didn't have 1 either so I requested in the complaint letter to BPF for a copy of it I was replied to the letter but they didn't send a copy. So phoned and asked them to send it and they have now sent it :shock:

Thought I'd need to send £1(maybe they think they're going to get enough from me) to get it but didn't need to so phone them and ask for a copy and send a letter requesting a copy of signed Finance Agreement

That copy is the same as the 1 BPF sent me just different figures even same signature by them

I see the t&c's perhaps BPF will send you your own copy's try asking them see what they say.

I'll see if I can post them up to you later

Edited by Bluedo

hi guys can anyone tell me if they were told by the salesperson that this was a do it at your own leisure course or was a time limit mentioned? bluedo the bpf download you gave me is just the loan agreement we need the terms and conditions of that agreement just like the advent t & cs on the back of the enrollment form. anyone got them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks