They completely ruined our honeymoon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Legalpickle,

My Husband and I are experiencing the same problem with Virgin as Sexyfufu. They completely ruined our honeymoon, and have fobbed us off ever since. They have given us £200 of virgin vouchers which we didn't accept as suitable compensation with a 24 month time limit even though they know I am pregnant and will not be holidaying or travelling abroad for a lot longer than 24 months. They sent us other customers letters which included what they were offering them? and compared to our problems on honeymoon we are outraged as to how differently they treat one customers problems to another. We are furious with them and cannot believe how ignorant they have been at our honeymoon problems, this wasn't a cheap honeymoon it cost me £6000 as it was my gift to my husband! They basically mis-sold our American honeymoon missing important information out,extra baggage charges, putting us in hotel rooms that do not match the description in the brochure, hidden extra charges, giving us re-cycled congratulatory wedding card and much much more. The representative of Virgin Holidays has skirted round all of our questions, has not answered a single one in the last 3 letters out of several letters to him and Wendy Applin, they reimbursed us for half of our extra expenses of £180 in which we had to pay or be left stranded (For example) in the desert with nothing to do at Monument Valley, the brochure said on our 15 day tour we would visit many places (one being) Monument Valley you would take a tour around the valley, until we were on the coach with a list of the extra costs to do these tours we had no idea. It was over 105 degrees and if we hadn't have paid extra for this tour we'd have been stood for well over an hour in a car park in the blazing heat and nowhere to go. Upon making friends on our ATI Western Discovery Tour we found out that the foreign holidaymakers had paid half the amount we had, and had all the tours included in their full holiday costs, they were upset for us that on our honeymoon we were struggling with money as Virgin had not told us about these extra costs. The only extra thing we budgeted for in our honeymoon money was a helicopter flight, everything else was a shock.

I have only briefly outlined some of the problems, but was wondering what can we do as we are not happy that we spent such a lot of money and feel they hid things from us on our one and only special trip of a lifetime. Especially when they are offering the other customers twice the amount we were offered for poor complaints and open ended vouchers that they can use whenever? Our Honeymoon to us is the biggest holiday that we'll experience, being two christian people we take our marriage very seriously and feel that this to Virgin is just another holiday problem and honeymoons are ten a penny, unfortunatley to us we will never have this experience again and spending hours and hours in America complaining to virgin reps and non-virgin reps (Another long story) we feel so sad and let down, and I personally will never travel with Virgin again and have made my feelings clear to every person interested, and hopefully others will choose a different holidaymaker before booking with Virgin, as I feel they are a complete rip-off company and very very sly.

Hello and Welcome, jojangles.

I have moved your post and started a new thread for you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Will legalpickle reply to my post now it's been moved as I have been following his advice to sexyfufu?

Thanks

I will send him a pm, see what he can do. I know he is very busy so keep an eye on sexyfufu's thread.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

maroondevo52, Thanks for the PM. I got the update and couldn't understand where the post went till I saw your PM.

jojangles, Please read through sexyfufu's thread - all 13 pages of it, and check you're subscribed to it, so you can monitor it. To do this go to the top right hand corner of any page in that thread, select Thread Tools. If you're subscribed then it will give you the option to Unsubscribe - don't do anything - and if you're not subscribed, it will give you the option to do so - select this.

A link to that thread - in case jojangles doesn't have it and anybody else is interested is here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/holiday-companies/224145-wedding-honeymoon-one-problem.html

As you can see in that thread I am extremely busy and just in the final stages of preparing the claim for sexyfufu to issue, which she will be doing - all being well - on Friday.

Once you have read through sexyfufu's thread, please post up CLEARLY & IN PARAGRAPHS - EVERYTHING that happened with you (including date of booking, destinations, dates of payments (incl. methods of payment), what happened when, dates of flights, airlines, trips and EVERYTHING else).

The only things I do NOT want to see are your date of birth, full name, your husbands date of birth and full name, credit card details (though I do want to know the provider, if anything was paid for by Credit Card, or Debit Card), booking references & invoices. EVERYTHING ELSE is relevant - please let me decide if it isn't. If you're unsure just post it!

I also need to know in whose name the booking was made (i.e. whose payment details were used, whose name was on the invoice).

Once I see that - take your time because I definitely won't be able to read through it till next week Tuesday at the earliest - I'll read through it and post any questions I may have, and what I recommend going further. We'll then decide what to do.

Please keep monitoring sexyfufu's thread, as from what it looks like it will be very relevant to you, and you gaining that knowledge can only benefit you.

In the meanwhile, Good Luck!

• Haha 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Thank you Legalpickle, I have been reading your posts with sexyfufu for a while now, it was whilst waiting on Iain Scotlands latest reply that has stopped me from contacting you earlier. We are due to give birth within the next two weeks so will endeavour to compile our info for you asap.

:)

Thank you Legalpickle, I have been reading your posts with sexyfufu for a while now, it was whilst waiting on the company representative's latest reply that has stopped me from contacting you earlier. We are due to give birth within the next two weeks so will endeavour to compile our info for you asap.

:)

As is said in Hebrew - Bsha'ah Tova (In good time - it's what's said to somebody who's due to give birth).

Ok.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)