DEBT collection agency appearing on my Experian

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HELP PLEASE

looking at my experian credit report today a new credit agreement has appeared for a company called Robinson Way who I have never heard of or had any dealings with.

the agreement has been added to a previous address that I have not lived at for over a year stating a default back in 2005!

I have read posts on here regarding CCA's and subject access requests?

Do I need to do 1 or both of these forms? If so are there any templates someone can direct me to?

Keep up the good work everyone...

Hi CB,

RW are sneaky little roaches that try nasty little tricks. Have a read up on them in the forums, they're well mentioned!

I wonder if there's a hidden motive for registering the debt at your previous address?

Do you still receive your post from the previous address?

And do you have any idea who the debt may have been with?

M

Edited by MandM
typo

Hi M and M

No I don't get post from my previous address....

I was in a financial mess 2-3 years ago but settled all outstanding debts (even though some of them were partial settlements). Since then all but 2 of the old accounts have dropped off my credit file (the 2 remaining just showing a partial settlement).

This one has come out of the blue, could it be for an old settled account?

Where do I go from here?

Hi M and M

No I don't get post from my previous address....

I was in a financial mess 2-3 years ago but settled all outstanding debts (even though some of them were partial settlements). Since then all but 2 of the old accounts have dropped off my credit file (the 2 remaining just showing a partial settlement).

This one has come out of the blue, could it be for an old settled account?

Where do I go from here?

Could be. Depending on how it was 'settled'.

You have to watch these muppets - some partial settlements leaves a door open for them to come back for more.

The other thing to watch out for is they use a neat trick by registering the debt (followed by the CCJ paperwork) to your ex address and then get judgement by default!! i.e. it's undefended. Very underhand but can be dealt with if it happens.

Hopefully others will post up what to look for as this has never happened to me (yet).

M

• 2 months later...

Quick update, I looked through all my old paperwork and found a letter from Crapquest back in June 2009 saying they were collecting on behalf of Rob Way. I sent a CCA and the £1 postal order in the same month to Crapquest.

Received a reply confirming reciept of my request from Crapquest and that they would put the account on hold for 28 days.

I never heard from Crapquest again (nor did I receive my £1 back :mad:)

I am now confused as to how they could be acting on behalf of Rob Way and sending me post to my current address when Rob Way later stuck a default on my credit file at my old address???

I have recently recieved the usual threatogram from Rob Way at my current address. Should I CCA Rob Way? or is it still for Crapquest to provide details? I am very confused:confused: How can Rob Way default at an old address when Crapquest knew my current address?

I do try and read other posts on here but end up with my head in a spinning mess about what is the right path to take!

Any thoughts anyone please? ta

This is a copy of the one I used

Mr One's Address

23 High Street

London

ABC1 8YZ

The ABC Bank

1 Bank Square

Bank Town

BK1 7TD

Date: xxxx

Dear Sir or Madam

Account number - xxxxxxxxxx

Sort Code - xxxxxx

After recently obtaining a copy of my credit file from Experian I was concerned to note that your company has placed a "Default" notice against my account.

Further to this neither I nor my partner have a recollection of ever receiving such a notice, and I therefore require you to substantiate this data at your earliest convenience.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number 1587 716732.

2. You must supply me with a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice

3. Any deed of assignment if the debt was sold on

I would request that this data is provided to myself within the next 28 days, if you are unable to provide this data then I must insist that it is removed from my files as unsubstantiated.

Yours faithfully

Mr & Mrs One