Today's Guardian...CAG and some organisation called the CSA

42man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If the guy concerned gets to read this thread, he knows exactly who I'm talking about.

What else? Oh yes, the fact that within the space of an hour and a half, I overheard two instances of customers being sworn at down the phone.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the current state of affairs with the credit industry and the behaviour practiced by those within it to be absolutely indefensible. I've heard people reduced to crying, shambling wrecks because of call jockeys, and it just isn't acceptable at all.

The CSA have to make things up and express frustration because they can't justify their existence either. If they were to stick to 100% facts, there's no way they can do it.

Remember that this is coming from someone who's seen both sides of the coin.

Edited by F_DCAs

The CSA has made a huge error by going to the press as that's exactly what CAG needed, FREE PUBLICITY :D

Round 1 to CAG.

Poor little babies feeling insulted, awww go suck on your dummies and come back when you can play with the big girls and boys :p

1st crud, lowlife and Marlin have both been exposed on TV recently by the BBC and look where that got them :D

The CSA should seriously re think their boss too. His company is a laughing stock, allegedly, and under sanctions from the OFT!

Their intention is to try and discredit cag in the eyes of the general public in an attempt to stop the uninitiated coming on here and believing the advise.

'best pay up like the nice lady from the dca said, dont trust those ruffians at cag'

Speaking of which I got a 75% money off sale letter off dlc today, maybe turkey sales are down this year:rolleyes:.

Their intention is to try and discredit cag in the eyes of the general public in an attempt to stop the uninitiated coming on here and believing the advise.

'best pay up like the nice lady from the dca said, dont trust those ruffians at cag'

Speaking of which I got a 75% money off sale letter off dlc today, maybe turkey sales are down this year:rolleyes:.

:lol:

The CSA has made a huge error by going to the press as that's exactly what CAG needed, FREE PUBLICITY :D

Round 1 to CAG.

Poor little babies feeling insulted, awww go suck on your dummies and come back when you can play with the big girls and boys :p

1st crud, lowlife and Marlin have both been exposed on TV recently by the BBC and look where that got them :D

The CSA should seriously re think their boss too. His company is a laughing stock, allegedly, and under sanctions from the OFT!

Laugh , I did a a jig , where do they get off with the moral high ground . Law and morality are two seperate issues , there is no equitable angle within the consumer credit act . Even on a moral level , if I borrow £1000 , pay back £1200 , and yet they want to keep me in thrall to interest for ever , who is the sinner , not me we are on a moral level if I read the contract and decide I do not lawfully have to pay back any more . I love a whining bully .

hiya all

well im happy to have found this thread and of course have subbed

will be taking this up with my local councillor when i meet him to discuss the halifax charges, my friends impending eviction tomorrow, and now this

he will think he has gone to heaven by the time ive finished with him:lol:

well he may wish he hadnt responded to my email in the first place;)

anyway im not letting him off the hook so easily now ive got communication going with him

keep positive all we are here to stay and that is that!

have a fun eve all laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Lots of freedom to speak in this country!!! Its just when somebody else starts listening that they get worried, and articles get written in the Gaurdian, and websites are referred to as a 'nemesis' The moral of the story is....well I'm still working that bit out.

Lots of freedom to speak in this country!!! Its just when somebody else starts listening that they get worried, and articles get written in the Gaurdian, and websites are referred to as a 'nemesis' The moral of the story is....well I'm still working that bit out.

I think I was the one that said nemesis, and I meant it in a positive way.

17/09/2009

Lets set aside the issue of the proposed reduction to the limitation period for a moment and give a little focus on the actual collection of Statute Barred debt.

Thanks to my nemesis, the Consumer Action Group website, there is a lot of misinterpretation of statute barred debt, what can and cant be done and the rights of the consumer and DCA.

And to make matters worse the Office of Fair Trading seem to have misinterpreted the law also…

http://www.csa-uk.com/csa-news/6/statute-barred-debt…-to-collect-or-not-to-collect-that-is-the-question

well I said it on this thread, without reading that and meant that one too by implication:p

'cag is the nemesis of all these $%^&&^%^':p

I like being on the same page and I'm happy to confirm that WE are their nemisis.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Which is what I meant too, so now we are singing from the same hymn sheet onwards and upwards. I wonder what the next move will be. If things run true to form there may be some sort of attack on the funding of this site- this is the usual way that free speech is controlled if it rocks the boat.

Hi there

So it's OK for these organisations to give advice on collecting Satute Barred Debts but not OK for CAG to tell people what the Law is.

Welcome to Feudal Britain 2009.

Keep going CAG -- Most people on this site have got into debt because of unfortunate or changed circumstances and certainly can't afford the expensive legal advice that the DCA's get.

If it wasn't for EXCESSIVE Charges, Selling Debts on from the original Lender and 2,001 other tricks this site wouldn't be needed - but there are over 250,000 of us so thanks CAG.

If the Guradian of all papers has a problem with CAG we are certainly doing all right.

I would have thought the Guardian at least would have been one paper to actually SUPPORT CAG. I wouldn't be surprised if the FT (Financial Times) was putting its oar in -- but The Guardian --how things change.

Cheers

jimbo

As they named this site use their weapon threaten them AND the Guardian with libel proceedings unless they apologize publicly. I'm sure Carter Ruck would be happy to do it on a CFA

Edited by JonCris

As they named this site use their weapon threaten them AND the Guardian with libel proceedings unless they apologize publicly. I'm sure Carter Ruck would be happy to do it on a CFA

dont even mention this liable tiger unless you mean it. I've been on the arse end of these leaches and they are NOT funny.