Cowboy clampers face five years' jail

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just saw it too and thought I'd come on here to congratulate the daily mail ... I mean it's their massive campaign that brought this to this today, no one else had anything to do with it at all, oh and I must have been dreaming the day I sent my views to for the home office before the daily mail started their campaign!

Only caught a snipitt of it on the news but, as usual, the government only want to massage round the edges.

They made it sound like clamping only occurs on private land where no parking is allowed (i.e. trespassing which most of us wouldn't object to within reason) and made no mention of how unreasonable it is to clamp cars parked in car parks but the driver has made a minor trangression of one of their many "rules".

I don't think it's going to make much difference at all myself.

Yes and the BBC news said this morning that they are still "thinking" about independent appeals....

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this just the occasional news story thrown in every now and again. Surely the flooding would be enough for the papers to write about without scraping the barrel.

Rather bored of hearing "The government are going to" or "In the new year" etc. etc.

What an absolute joke. I can really imagine the courts handing out five year sentences - it will be more like community service for four weeks. Even then, cowboy clampers still have three strikes before facing prosecution. Do motorists get three strikes before they park? Do they hell.

The answer is easy, ban clamping like our Scotish friends. Also, this legislation will do nothing to address the PPC [problem] invoice industry that is fast overtaking clamping it seems.

This not enough to deter me from cutting any clamps off, criminal damage or not.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

What an absolute joke. I can really imagine the courts handing out five year sentences - it will be more like community service for four weeks. Even then, cowboy clampers still have three strikes before facing prosecution. Do motorists get three strikes before they park? Do they hell.

The answer is easy, ban clamping like our Scotish friends. Also, this legislation will do nothing to address the PPC [problem] invoice industry that is fast overtaking clamping it seems.

Agree with you on that

This not enough to deter me from cutting any clamps off, criminal damage or not.

TFT

Just be careful you're not filmed or observed doing it or wear a mask. :grin:

This legislation is bollocks plain and simple and it will be enforced by the SIA. Oh please. With their track record it will be status quo - i.e SNAFU or has it now moved to FUBAR?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------