Re: Excel Parking charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am new here and found this thread by googling Excel Parking Services! I am in absolute despair as I have just had a parking ticket from Excel for parking in the Peel Centre Stockport. It was my first visit and assumed it was a retail park with free parking as there is an number of retail outlets there including Toys r Us, Next, Comet etc.

I was amazed to find a fixed penalty parking charge notice on my driver door when I retuned to my car as I had not noticed any parking charge notices on entering the car park. It was only after receiving the charge did I look for them and found the discreet pay stations.

I had been about fourty mins in Toys R us exchanging an item my daughter had purchased and was in a rush because my baby grandaughter was in need of her lunch. My amazement turned into absolute despair when I read that the charge for parking is £100 if paid within 14 days and a reduced charge of £60 if paid within 7 days. They may as well ask me for the moon. I have not got this amount of money to give away, it has brought me to tears, of course I would have purchased a parking ticket if I had seen any notices to pay. I can't even ring them as the number they give is a premium rate one at 50p per minute!

Whilst I know that I should have noticed it was a pay and display car park I do think that the signs and notices should be clearly visible and the pay stations more noticable. This has never happened to me before! I also think that a £100 pound charge is scandalous. I am at my wits end with worry as I can't afford this and am terrified that if I ignore it I will end up with more to pay - I would love some info if there is a way to get the charge reduced or any help at all please.

Thank you

Post moved to start new thread.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

1) IGNORE

2) DO NOT CONTACT

3) IGNORE SOME MORE

4) IGNORE

Completely ignore all contact from them.. Do not initiate

any form of dialogue with them and after 6-8 letters, each

one increasing in threat, they will give up and look for

another mug..

Don't worry yourself, it's no more than a [problem]. It will go

away... Come back for support if you need it..

And welcome to the forums.. :)

• Haha 1

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore their threatening junkmail

ignore the rubbish from their powerless debt collectors

• they will go away

It's a mail [problem] being run by a private company. You just have an unenforceable invoice, not a parking ticket or penalty.

Premium rate phone number should tell you all you need to know about these con artists.

As others have said. the registered keeper will get threatening letters. But if you simply ignore them, they WILL go away and hound someone else who's weaker willed. It'll take a few weeks, but just ignore them - the letters will get more and more threatening (if you don't pay, they'll sell your house, eat your children, burn your farmland, chase you with pitchforks etc...) but IGNORE them and they WILL go away.

The invoice you have received has no more worth than an invoice from me for £1000 for the consultancy service I've just provided you with. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't pay that either... ;)

Good luck, and IGNORE. :)

This space intentionally left blank

I am coming around to thinking that maybe ignore is the best option.

I think so, you simply cannot reason with unreasonable people. PPC's break all sorts of rules, regulations and laws but expect you to give them the earth. Only if there is a level playing field can you ever think of engaging with them. It's a bit like asking a mugger not to steal your wallet because it is a criminal offence - they don't care and will do it anyway.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08