Mortgage Express appoint LPA Recievers Walker Singleton to scare tenants off!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not always but I go directly because the Case Managers do not have a clue and Lending Complaints use this to delay. I always follow up correspondence with phone calls and ask the questions directly. The bottom line is that they want to dispose of their mortgage book and are now using any way they can. I have referred to FOS but MEX are claiming the time limit has expired but interestingly the FOS in his summing up of my complaint gave the MEX understanding of my complaint - which wasn't what I was complaining about! (if that makes sense?). My faith in the FOS is pretty low but as they are funded by the banking industry then probably not surprising.

My advice is don't give up on FOS.

I assume it was a caseworkers summing up, not an Ombudsmans.

In the last couple of years I lodged 2 complaints with Ombudsman, the caseworkers summing up was a load of tosh, but I persisted and argued that they had failed to address the relevant points, and challenged their understanding of the issues in question. Caseworkers roles seem to be to weed out cases of no merit, yet the caseworkers themselves don't always have the necessary competence to be able to properly deal with complaints.

One of the caseworkers alleged that a secured loan I was complaining about wasn't CCA regulated, even though they had in their posession a copy of the CCA regulated agreement.

My cases were then transferred to an Ombudsman who upheld both of my claims.

Its mad this isnt it...

There is actually no organisation that protects consumers from being ruined by poor management of these LPA recievers and banks appointments for their exit strategy even though they are doing so at a huge loss to everybody involved well apart from the LPAs who make a nice profit.

I know, it really doesn't make sense does it? Putting houses up for sale in a depressed market which will sell at a loss. Tenants lose their homes. Rental properties are in demand because people are unable to buy with the dearth of mortgages and the amount of deposit that has to be found. What is happening is that the enormous property investors who buy bmv will own an enormous proportion of what would have been first time buyer properties.

Its the fact that the bank are supposedly appointing property experts who can then ensure it does not lose money, but everything they do is to ensure it does lose money.

It is a huge injustice to consumers that needs to be addressed. They should have to follow a standard code of conduct that acts on best interests for all parties involved.

Has anyone contacted RICS?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I will be doing so this week. I am also writing to ARLA having spoken to my tenants this weekend who have received a Section 8 notice from WS. However this should only be issued if rent hasn't been paid and before the expiry of the tenancy. My tenants have paid their rent and have several months to go on the tenancy. It is sheer bullying tactics.

I agree, these people are bullies of the worst kind.

What makes it laughable is that they just have no idea of the law pertaining to tenancy agreements and sections 8 & 21. They pretend to know what they are doing to frighten away our tenants.

Would your tenants be brave enough to allow WS to carry on with the section 8 & let WS take them to court? It would make WS look very silly indeed in front of the judge!

Yes I think they would and I would be happy to accompany them. It shows that WS and MX have other motives as WS have a legal duty to act in the best interests of the landlord & borrower. In a depressed property market if a property is in good condition, has paying tenants then there can be no reason to sell at a loss.

They do a lot of fascinating moves like this and it beggars belief, in the past I am telling them what to do with some of the tenants such as evict non paying tenants, and what do they do issue the longest route possible to get rid of the tenants via section 8 instead of 21 when the tenancy has expired. My solicitors advise the opposite of what WS do all the time.

To top it off the tenants tend to fight them on the section 8 at court because WS have never dealt with the repairs! They go the long winded routes and then it ends up proving to themselves that they have been the cause of the problems. Yet I tell them this and they say they are property experts however they only rely on their solicitors advice on how best to deal with tenants problems. Which is the route that makes most money for the solicitors and benefits WS and solicitors because WS can have an excuse to the bank and say property is in bad repair and arrears are mounting so we might aswell sell them before it gets worse.

They are very clever as to how they have set this up, they just want to sell one property so the arrears starts amounting up from the shortfalls and then lets them have the lot straight away to make more money for WS who are MX best friends.

Hi Chillinlong

As you say, they are the property experts!

Have you heard of the defination of 'expert?

X (ex) is an unknown quantity

SPURT (pert) is a drip under pressure.

I think that just about sums up their expertise.

MM x

Hi good boy gone mad

I'm really sorry to hear that you are also having problems with MEx and their receivers, as you can see there are plenty of us out there with similar problems.

How long ago did they appoint Templetons? Would I be correct in guessing it was around Sept-Dec 2008? It's just that was the time when most of us with the same problems had receivers appointed.

You do not have to pay £10 per account for a Subject access request, it is £10 per person. MEx told me it was £10 per account but after a quick call to Information commisioners office I found out the truth.

MEx also like to come back saying that they don't have to provide everything you require due to the Durant v FSA case, this is also untrue.

If you need any more help, or just want to let off a bit of steam then please don't hesitate to ask, we're all in the same boat and there's normally someone about to bounce ideas off on

Good luck

MM x

I'm in the same boat as many of you. ME appointed Templetons LPA who are totally and utterly incompetant.

BTW, apparently you have to pay £10 for a Subject access requestlink3.gif per account, rather than your entire portfolio. Is this charge neccessary?

Thats unlawful it's £10 per person not £10 per account. The only people permitted more are doctors in their case upto £50 for medical notes

Hi good boy gone mad

Welcome!! With your SAR make sure you ask for ALL letters, notes both written and digital and also any relevant telphone conversations that may be important to you. MEX have 40 days to respond.

Have Templetons sent you the correct documentation they are legally obliged to do when they are taking on your properties?

Kind regards,

Meerkat One

Hi again everyone,

Countrywide has made their appearance at the flat we rent - about 4 weeks *after* the debt has been paid in full by the landlord. They forced their way into the property, in the most inappropriate and bullying manner. They said the property has been repossessed (which it wasn't), and eventually left only to come back 10 minutes later to drop their '7 days notice'. They turned up again this week with a '48 hours notice'.

Following legal advice, I've reported both incidents to police as harassment, bullying and tresspassing on the property we rent without notice. The lawyer advised that until they can produce a court order we are under no obligation to respond to their letters or sign any contracts with them, and that we can safely continue to pay our rent to the landlord.

When police rang Countrywide they said they were indeed instructed as LPA Receivers but aren't anymore - as of yesterday. What a bloody coincidence!

I do hope not to hear from them again... :-x

Edited by ScaredTenant

I am also having problems with Walker Singleton trying to do the same thing. They have sent repossession notices to the tenants claiming no rent had been paid for 18 months but also giving the incorrect monthly rental. Gave the tenant the wrong name of someone I have never heard of. The tenants have proof they have paid their rent. I imagine this information has come from Nutrade whose agents operate without a Consumer Credit licence and are clearly illegally misusing personal information and passing this information to other parties. Hmmmmm.... dangerous ground.

Hi

Walker Singleton were appointed to my portfolio in August of 2008. Where there were tenants they have not collected rent. where the properties are empty they have not found new tenants. The tenants that were paying were evicted, so are now empty properties.

I have just found out that I can not take action again Mortgage Express.

I would like to take action against Walker Singleton. Does anyone have any advice.

Hi Blackpool Landlord

Have Walker Singleton ever sent you a statement of account? Did they provide you with a Deed of Appointment when instructed by MEX? WS have a duty of care to you and you should have been receiving regular statements and updates on their activities.

Can I ask why you are unable to take action against MEX?

Sorry for all the questions!!

Regards

Meerkat One

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks