Debt enforcement notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i was issued an ECN by a council and my appeal was rejected. They say they will pass my details onto their debt collection agency if i don't pay in 7 days. My understanding is that they need to take me to court under the Road traffic Regulation Act and then the magistrate will tell me to pay the fine. if i then fail to pay they can pass it to a debt collector.

If they do summons me to court and I bottle out of appearing, can I pay up before the court hearing with no problems or is best to just capitulate and cough up?

Cheers,

James

They can pass it to a debt collector at any time they like. You, likewise, can ignore a debt collector for as long as you like.

Eventually, if it goes to court and you are ordered to pay but don't, then it should escalate to bailiffs (who do have legal powers) rather than debt collectors.

post it up

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi , on the same lines.... I had an unfair parking ticket which I contested ( I had the permit on the windscreeen clearly visible !!! ) in August 2007. It was issued by Lambeth Council, London , and I moved from that address a week after. All mail was redirected ( by Royal MAil Service) for the whole year and I never heard anything from them until April 2009 !!!! A leeter from some bailiffs asking me to pay an amount for the penalty of 2007. Now the thing is , IF the Council took me to Court, surely I would have known as all mail was redirected and I wouldnt have ignored anything like that! I never recieved any notification , so I called Lambeth COuncil and explained the situation and asked them to provide me with copies of the alleged Country COurt hearing., They said the atter was now with the bailiffs and they couldnt do anything. Surely there will be copies of the County Court "hearing" or wehatever it is called ! And should the bailiffs provide that ? Who do I ask ? What are my rights ? Help !

Thanks Iamma, I will do that. The situation is absolutely crazy. I did not commit the offecne and never received any further communication , no Notice of Charges, or Notice to Appeal or anything !!!

By the way , the car was sold, not in my possesion anymore, but can they take my new car !!!???