• Tweets

• Need to get your DQ in - it's your opportunity to have a say in what happens next! It should then transfer to local court, who will look at the DQs and determine next actions. Fairly self-explanatory and there are guidance notes on the site here. My Asset/Link/Kearns case was reviewed a couple of weeks ago after transferring to local court and they have been ordered to provide a new CPR-compliant Particulars of Claim, Original Agreement, Deed of Assignment and Notice of Assignment. They have six weeks to comply or it's struck out. As with your case they are relying on a generic print out of an agreement with no personal details or signature. Don't give the courts a chance to make any decisions without your input and get that N180/N181 in! Your call as to whether you want mediation - given the lack of evidence from them there is probably no point as you can't mediate an account that appears not to exist.
    • FYI I've had a copy from Kearns arrive today of the DQ from the claimant agreeing to referral to the Small Claims Mediation Service and without a hearing. I am a bit wary of the two replies above from you both. Which is the most relevant and most urgent to action? I'm away from Sunday the 19th to Wednesday 22nd working abroad and am conscious there's a bank holiday the day before the deadline so it doesn't give me much time to collate and post relevant paperwork either to you or the parties involved. Do I just fill in the N180 and post?  Apologies for my ignorance, It's out of my comfort zone! Also my case seems to be over the £10k barrier?  
    • Hello,  Me again, back with more questions from my friend because she doesn't want to deal with this part of her life.  She has managed to set up a repayment plan with 247money for the next 3 months.  We have looked at her car finance and she would have reached the 50% payment in Aug 2025  She has 2 questions.  When it comes to Aug 2025 what are her options for VT, I've read a few things and honestly the car sites all seem to give information in different wording so it's hard the grasp the core facts.  If she were to just stop paying the car now, obviously they would action repossession but what is the after math, money outstanding, impact on credit file, court action.  Thank you, 
    • Resolve call have one of my ancient, ancient debts that went statute barred in 2020, I've had a couple of door visits, first one just left a card, second one I spoke to, i told her how old the debt was and she rolled her eyes, and apologised pretty sincerely I thought. Not heard anything from them since.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help with 'Welcome' please.

dawnytrish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi dawnytrish

give me 24 hours to confirm which address to send correxpondants

notingham might have the padlocks put on at close of biz today

we could be dealing direct with cattles in yorkshire

ime waiting on a phone call

In my opinion, no one takes a job on like that in inocence. I understand we all have to make a living, I have worked for british gas, Powergen, Eon, the NHS and now BT. and im sure anyone who has had dealings with them may not look kindly on the staff, however there is a line I will not cross and would never play at being a bully and knowingly do what these ppl do.

LOL...Welcome getting desperate......

Daughters boyfriend just had phone call from them.....went as follows (baring in mind he goes to the office every Friday to pay WITHOUT FAIL)

Them ...you are booked in to make a payment today.

Him....Yeeeesssssss

Them....what time will you be coming

Him....What time are you open till

Them....4 o clock.

Him....Sometime between now and 4 o clock then....

Them....Oh...Ok then....Thank you.

I expect that they have nothing better to do now.LOL

I hope they dont charge him for this phone call ...or else........:D

I think he probably is still in arrears with this account so does that mean they can charge him for the phone call even though they know he goes in to pay every week do you think.

If thats the case I am sure they will start calling every week just to make a bit more money.:x

Hi Postggj,

I see you are very busy but I just wondered if you had chance to have a look at my thread again.

In November you said you would try to do me a letter because we agreed that the insurances had been mis-sold due to Life cover already been included in the ppi.

You thought that there was a lot wrong with this agreement...ie. Extortionate Interest at 72.24 % and mis-sold ppi and insurances.

I wrote to them on 09/11/09 asking them to cancel all the policies as per the 30 days of receiving the insurance policies as this was the first that we had seen of them.

Also said that they had been mis-sold.

During a telephone call on 18th November a lady told my daughters boyfriend that she would cancel the ppi from that day but that he should carry on paying the full amount but for a shorter time????Nothing has been sent in writing.

We received a letter saying that they were looking into the complaint re mis-sold ppi and would have a final response by 08/01/2010.

They have totally ignored my request that they cancel and refund all the policies payments due to the 30 day rule.

I dont know what to do now.

Shall I just wait for their response.??

Shall I try and do another letter regarding the ridiculous Interest rate??

Help please....anyone......

Thanks

Dawnx