BankFodder BankFodder

dawnytrish

Help with 'Welcome' please.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3165 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys.

I have read the Welcome thread from start to finish and thought I would start my own now.

My daughters boyfriend took out a loan with Welcome just before he met her last year and when I saw the interest rate I couldn't believe my eyes.

We have done a CCA and this turned up on Thursday so I would be grateful if someone could have a look to see if it seems ok.(I can't believe the interest rate is legal:-x)

He is not very worldly wise (Long story) and I think they saw him coming.They told him he needed to take the insurances to receive the loan so he agreed.On his Statement and needs thing it states that they suggested life cover even though he has no dependents (he has two children by his ex) and he told them this because they said that they may need to see any working tax credits he and his ex were receiving.?

We have no documents supporting these insurances and would like to reclaim PPI.Any help would be appreciated and do we need to do a SAR before we can start any reclaiming.

Welcome CCA picture by dawnytrish - Photobucket

I hope I have done this link right....this is all new to me.

I think you are all fab for bringing this to peoples attention.

Thanks again.

Dawnx

looks like a typical welcome agreement, looks good at first till you get into it, i would be going for missold ppi as its for 24months on a 36 month loan, and im a novice with these, have a look thru the welcome threads for advice how to do this and someone else will be along with more knowledge

I don't know if these policies are only for 24 months.

The statement of needs says the Lifecover if for 5 years and the Personal Accident Plan for 3 years.

As I said we have had no other details on these policies.

I think we will have to SAR.

Dawnx

Hi,

Thanks for that Post.

I have just rang them but they won't speak to me apart from to say they do have a few policies in his name so I will get him to ring them in the morning and ask for all the policies to be sent.

Thanks for taking the time on this.Will let you know the outcome.

Dawnx

A small update.

This loan account is being paid weekly and we were told last Friday that sixty odd pounds needed to be paid by Tuesday to keep it up to date.My daughter went in on Tuesday and was asked to pay £55.????which she did.

Yesterday they were phoned twice by Welcome, once from a landline(not their usual one) and once from a mobile asking what time on Friday they would be making a payment.They were told that this weeks payment had already been paid and after much ado the chap said 'Oh yes thats correct.

Today ...another phone call from ANOTHER mobile...what time are you coming in to pay??:???:

In the meantime my daughter had telephoned Direct group who said they had nothing for the address where daughters boyfriend was living when the loan was taken out so she rang Welcome and asked them for policy numbers.Welcome staff gave her some numbers and then asked what time was she going in to pay today.:???:

She said she wasn't and would they please send a statement of account.They asked why she wanted one.And said it would cost £10.My daughter said she wanted to see what charges had been added and what she was paying interest on.The snotty cow said 'you are paying interest on a loan'

Daughter said she would wait until next month when the loan has been running for a year as a statement should be sent then anyway.

The girl then asked what time she would be paying next Friday.:?Daughter said she didn't know yet and was then asked why she was being Awkward.

She has now telephoned Direct group again and they say they will look out the policies and send them.

Should we SAR Welcome anyway while we are waiting for these insurance policies to appear.Or just wait another month for the Statement to arrive.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Dawnx

well well

welcome giving the run around agaim

for your info, welcome have to send a statement of acount once a year

its the law

so direct group have said they have nothing on you

no surprise in that

sar welcome and direct group

ime starting to enjoy this thread

you are going to have a pleasent surprise at the end me thinks

Thanks Post.

I will get these done over the weekend.

Can you please point me in the right direction for a template letter.

I am starting to enjoy this too.:grin:

Thanks for taking the time on this.

Dawnx

i have a special one for welcome

ill dig it out

cant say to much as get cagbooted but this is looking very good

goodby agreement me thinks

Ooooooooo I can't wait.

I am so excited now.....fingers crossed.

I am off to bed now but will await template and then do the letters for posting Monday.

Thanks again Postggj.

See you tomorrow.

Dawnx

Hi Postggj

Just wondered if you had managed to dig out the template letter for me to send to Welcome and Direct Group.

Thanks.

Dawnx

ill have it later on tonight

Cheers Postggj.

I'll be here most of the evening.

Catch you later.

Thanks

Dawnx

Hi Post,

I am off out to work now but if you have time later could you look out the template for me please......

Thank you in anticipation:)

Dawnx

Hey Post

Just been reading on the Welcome Finance thread.

Should I SAR Welcome and Direct Group or wait to see what the outcome of the 23rd October is.;-)

Sar Welcome And Direct Group

Its A Gold Mine

Remember

Recorded Delievery

OK,

Post ...you said you had a special template letter for me for Welcome.

When you have time...

Thanks

Dawnx

Ill Post It In The Morning

Regards

Thanks Post.

You really are an angel.:)

Dawnxxxx

Hi Post.

Still waiting patiently for the template.:)

In the meantime could you have a look at this please.

After telephoning Welcome for some policy details we phoned Direct group.

This has turned up today but not sure where from.As you can see it mentions the enclosed policy wordings.But this one sheet arrived on its own.:-|

Does this mean that there really is a policy.....I would have thought that there should be seperate policies for each insurance.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Welcome Policy Schedule picture by dawnytrish - Photobucket

Thank you for looking.

Dawnx

sorry i missed you

ill have the template in the morning

regards

ill have a nose at the link

That's ok No problem.I know you are kept very busy with us all.

Any thoughts on the above policy schedule?

Dawnx