Premier Man / Reliable Collections / Fredrickson International.

TheV5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wait till they send a letter asking for money then give them what for.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I just got a letter from Fred's paying that they will have to go back to Premier Man & get back to me once they have instructions. Is there anything they can do as they have failed to get a CCA to me within the 12+2 days. Infact it has been 7 days beyond that date?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well I never! Fredrickson have sent me a letter dated 11/02/10. The last letter stated they were going back to Premier Man and that was on or around the 14th October 2009. This new letter states the following:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

You have failed to make an acceptable repayment proposal on this account.

It is not in your interest to ignore this letter. THIS DEBT WILL NOT GO AWAY. Contact us now with your proposals for settlement."

There is no CCA in the letter and it just seems as though it is a standard letter that the computer has chucked out rather than anyone taking the time to write something down.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should do with letter e.g. should I reply, report them to somebody etc?

Many thanks,

Tim

yep send the account is dispute letter.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

also if you can find it l would send them a copy of the letter they sent saying the account is on hold.

• 3 weeks later...

Yee Haa! I have just got a letter from Freds saying they have been instructed to not to carry out any further actions and that their files are closed. I am going to send them the template letter complaining about it though.

Many thanks to everybody that helped me out with this, I would have been stomped if it were not for this website and the people on it.

moorcroft?

no cause it will not be stopped chasing till the 6 years or more is up.

The fact that Fredricksons have given up doesn't mean it won't be passed on. Happens a lot, I'm afraid, but you may be lucky.

Whatever, you've learned how to deal with these muppets!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, indeed this has been passed on. Meritforce have just sent me their first letter telling me they "are" going to send a collector to my door in the next 10 days. Well, good luck with that guys. Here I go again!

Still collecting on behalf of Premier Man?

If so, they need to be informed that they remain in breach of a CCA request and are therefore contravening the OFT debt collection guidelines. You should complain about this to the OFT and your local TS.

The fact that Freds bottled it and handed it back does not make the CCA request any less valid - or any less unfulfilled! In fact, as they still have your £1 they are either (a) not complying or (b) thieves!

Yes, they are collecting on behalf of Premier Man. I have sent via recorded delivery and unsigned the letter stating that I know nothing of the debt and that they need to supply me with evidence of a CCA. I have also pointed out that Premier Man have done this before with Freds and that they have closed there files.

but DO complain to the OFT and TS. Cause them some trouble and cost them some time and money in the process. They deserve it because they are idiots.

Consider that done. The letter will be drafted and sent to the OFT and TS on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Meritforce really took notice of my letter. They have sent me a new letter saying I have 7 days in which to pay and that Premier Man will accept a figure of some £200 less and over monthly £10 installments. But, they've also sent a text message to my mobile (which I have never given to them) saying to contact them immediately.

I have sent letters to the OFT and TS, but yet to hear anything from either. I think some phone calls are in order tomorrow!

• 6 months later...