Capital One v Questioner – no.1 & 2 accounts

questioner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In light of the recent Manchester court test cases they might have conformed to the s78 requirements (original + most recent terms) but thats not the requirement if they want to enforce it in court, that should require an agreement with the prescribed terms which if crapone have been true to form they wont have (they have in the past (2004) scanned the front and destroyed the document)

S.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In light of the recent Manchester court test cases they might have conformed to the s78 requirements (original + most recent terms) but thats not the requirement if they want to enforce it in court, that should require an agreement with the prescribed terms which if crapone have been true to form they wont have (they have in the past (2004) scanned the front and destroyed the document)

S.

They have the scrappy app form and nothing else........

I made Cap Quest close the file last time capone sent it away and got back a grovelling apology too off CQ......:)

I shall ask CO.......

.........you recklessly threaten to continue with this trade abuse via debt collection agencies. I note the last time you performed such an unlawful action via involving CapQuest this resulted in intervention by OFT. I consequently received a sincere apology from this DCA explaining that Capital One had unwisely not informed them of this dispute and that the file had been returned to you. Kindly therefore explain how you intend to mount your further threats to unlawfully intimidate me herein. :)

I did grant further payments to this CO file after the DN but it was in the belief that it was a sound agreement..

The letter from CO that I have last uploaded stated I broke the payment plan in Oct 09.

Now that is comical as the last payment they had was back in August 09.:)

Can I use that bit?

CO also say it defaulted on 4 th 09

CAP QUEST CAME DEMANDING CASH IN NOV 09 BUT I SOON HAD OFT ON THEM AND THEN GOT THE APOLOGY.

Edited by questioner

After a great deal of hunting this is what CAPONE have sent to me as an agreement copy.

On the back of this "valid and enforcable " credit agreement they tell me they will persue me.:)

I think they must have a copy and paste agreement with the local junior school as they one is so funny. ..

I like the affermative PPI tick box too. ;)

CapitalOneCCAsentNOV09edit.jpg

OK - HERE WE GO.:)

CAPONE HAVE SENT THIS LETTER BELOW - ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT THE AGREEMENT NUMBER IS ALIEN TO ME... NEVER HEARD OF IT!

I THINK THEY ARE REFEREING TO THIS THOUGH.

Thet informed me with ref to PPI that this product was sold to me during a “telephone conversation in 2001”.

So I said........

Therefore, you will no doubt have a recording of that call in order to prove this? Please confirm. However, I find it rather odd that the application form you have provided and which you assert is an authentic copy, is dated summer of 2000 – how very odd! I am sure you are in a position to explain this inconsistency to me?

capone27nov09WRONGNUMBEREDIT.jpg

What fun I shall have when I get my PPI claim in action...... :D

Naturally - they ignored all ref to the agreement being crap due to a silly app form.........

Q, do you have two Capone accounts on this thread ?

The application form (from post 42) and letter above appear to relate to the same account with, from what I can see, the first numbers 47.

The application form is signed/dated by Capone as 08.06.02. Yet they are claiming that a) you agreed to PPI in 2000 and b) they changed their minds and it was 2001 ??

On the application form above there is also a second number starting 6.... what does that have to do with anything ?

Also noted on the above form I see not only is there a tick in the PPI box but that there is also one in the "self employed" box. That should have precluded them selling the PPI in the first place ??

However, in post 4, you have an agreement starting 36 which did start in 2000.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CB

I have two accounts in dispute and the number on the Sulliven letter above is totally unknown..... nowt to do with me and he never explained himself whan tackled.

I would have been better to spilt the 2 files but in my rush to fight back I banged them both on together...

On one app form the self employed tick box was correct whilst on the other I was just in the process of going solo - I have tackled it all in the PPI claims though.

Edited by questioner