Claim Stayed – Due to Unenforceable CCA Test Cases.

Blondie40
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OFT gave their submissions in court on wednesday, these CLEARLY supported the arguments put forward by the barristers on our side of the fence (consumer side)... to say the lenders barristers were perturbed is putting it VERY mildly i am told :)

The main argument being if the Lender wants to reconstitute the agreement it must demonstrate a link to the clients original contract.

I dont mean to be awkard but the OFT guidance thing was posted months ago and is not just doing circles in the CMC areas. It was handed to me on the school playground by a hoddie. How they know who i am and how they know it would interest me is amazingas i NEVER talk CAG on school premises.

lol :D

you may be talking about something else, as the OFT draft was only put together in the last few weeks.

OFT gave their submissions in court on wednesday, these CLEARLY supported the arguments put forward by the barristers on our side of the fence (consumer side)... to say the lenders barristers were perturbed is putting it VERY mildly i am told :)

The main argument being if the Lender wants to reconstitute the agreement it must demonstrate a link to the clients original contract.

How on earth can any form of reconstitution be accepted when the act requires production of the original for enforcement to be possible.

G

• Haha 1

How on earth can any form of reconstitution be accepted when the act requires production of the original for enforcement to be possible.

G

The barrister arguing the case in favour of reconstitution is none other than the grand fellow who fought the bank charges for the crooks.

A link to the original? What link would that be, the missing link presumably.

This is retrospective legislation, if true. The original Act makes it quite clear what the lender must have, a valid DN and a signed agreement, containing all the prescribed terms, on a single document. Nowhere does it say, if the lender cannot produce these he can 'link' to them in a document he has just cut'n'pasted on his MacBook!

I'm sorry but the legislation was available for lenders to refer to, and implement, at the time every agreement now in dispute was issued. Whose responsibility is it if credit was granted via improperly executed documents?

a) The multimillion pound financial institutions, with armies of lawyers at their disposal who would have ratified these agreements

b) the punter who signed the agreement sent to him/her

Rant over :-)

Quite So!

"The Creditor" cannot reconstruct a credit agreement, if they do not hold the basis upon which the credit agreement was originally constructed.

In other words, houses cannot be built upon sand but upon rock;

if they are built on sand, they will fall down...!

...when the wind blew and the waves dashed against his house, it would fall. Look how the sea had washed the foundation away, and how the roof is falling in! And the people; see how they are fleeing to save their lives! And all this calamity because he built his house upon the sand...

AC

Let's just say that the Banks positively welcomed the OFTs draft guidance in court yesterday

Ok I'm confused... are we talking two different cases here?

S.

S.

Not sure what he is on about, but i have first hand contact with those IN court, and i can assure you the lenders were not pleased with the OFT's submissions.

This is a cast iron fact.

...when the wind blew and the waves dashed against his house, it would fall. Look how the sea had washed the foundation away, and how the roof is falling in! And the people; see how they are fleeing to save their lives! And all this calamity because he built his house upon the sand...

AC

Jesus must have lived on the Isle of Wight.

S.

No my comment referred to the banks view before the oft barrister Steve Neville addressed the court on. They definitely weren't so happy afterwards . The banks position is that all they need to produce under s.78 is a copy of latest T's & C's

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

G[/quote

And why are we seeing more and more decsions by judges going in favour of the creditors when they can't produce an agreement?:?

G[/quote

And why are we seeing more and more decsions by judges going in favour of the creditors when they can't produce an agreement?:?

care to elaborate on these cases?

No my comment referred to the banks view before the oft barrister Steve Neville addressed the court on. They definitely weren't so happy afterwards . The banks position is that all they need to produce under s.78 is a copy of latest T's & C's

On the money.

Thanks for clarification :-D

S.

Not sure what he is on about, but i have first hand contact with those IN court, and i can assure you the lenders were not pleased with the OFT's submissions.

Cheers Baggio.

This is a cast iron fact.

Hmm there are very few cast iron facts... 1.. youre born... 2.. you pay taxes 3 you die

Not even sure number 2 applies to everyone either :-)

S.

care to elaborate on these cases?

I've read 2 recent cases on here where there was no agreement produced and 1 I read yesterday where there was neither an agreement or DN the creditor admitted as much to the court and it made no difference to the outcome. I'm sure I've got that right I'll have a look and find them if I can :confused:

I've read 2 recent cases on here where there was no agreement produced and 1 I read yesterday where there was neither an agreement or DN the creditor admitted as much to the court and it made no difference to the outcome. I'm sure I've got that right I'll have a look and find them if I can :confused:

Sorry meant to say they couldn't produce the documents,not that they said they never had any!!