Help With Reliable Collections!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

I have an account with ambrose wilson which i am behind on payments.Now i am being chased by reliable collections with threatening letters and recorded messsages.I owe them about £400 and had account for over 10 years,I am thinking about sending them a SAR request to see if they have an enforceable CCA and wondering if i should go down road with reclaiming back unfair charges from them as i wonder if i did that it might cancel debt out anyway as i have had loads of late payment charges incurred on account over several years and suspect that remaining £400 could well be cancelled out or at least a big chunk of it and who knows maybe ambrose wilson will owe me money!i am also fed up of their very condesending threatograms :mad: and when i did phone them up to make arrangement of payment they pushed me into paying on a date that was not very conveiient,At first i though oh well not worth going into dispute and having hassle of them trying to enforce debt for £400 but i am finding it a struggle to pay the £30 a month they demanding of me and getting behind on more important bills like my mortgage and endowment so thought this is ridiculous keep stuggling to pay them particulary as remaining money oweing to them is probably composed of unfair charges and interest on that plus their horrendous interest rate and proably by now paid debt several times over! so would appreciate any help and moral support about going down this road as never reclaimed charges before:)

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi PGH7447

Yes i suppose i am mad paying reliable collections over my mortgage and endowment policy! so will sar them and and see them off:D They write really annoying condesending letter too.and treat people like naughty school children! LOL Last letter saud my behaviour was unacceptable even though i do sometimes pay them!:eek: Felt like i was going to get a summons to the headmasters office! LOL

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

FOR sake, pay your mortgage before these cretins - the worst THEY can do is have a court make you pay them a quid a month!

You have two options:

SAR to reclaim your charges - might be worthwhile if they owe you as much as you say - this means the possibility of going to court and YOU proving they owe the money - you might decide that it's not worth the aggro.

CCA - chances are after 10 years there will be no extant credit agreement, in which case, you don't pay any more, but you can't claim anything back.

Morally, the "CCA then stop paying" route is better. [1]

I know finance companies take the P, but you signed the contract, and knew what the consequences would be for failing to make payments.

UNLESS it was Welcun (ts) - in which case, screw them for every penny you can.

[1] if we act without morals, are we better than the spotty oiks at the DCAs?[2]

[2] Yes - because it's *US* [3]

[3] and besides, they started it.

Carpe Jugulum

Always, always pay your priority bills first! :-)

I've been done over by Reliable Collections!!!!! I have an account wiht Simply Be and fell behind with payments due to financial difficulties. I called them up and the operator put me through to Reliable Collections who put me on a payment plan for £20 per month.

The woman I spoke to said there would be a small arrangement fee. Low and behold I get my next statement through to find that they have added £99.99 to my balance for this "arrangement fee".

Check your statements and keep and eye on them. Pay what you can afford and keep up with your mortgage. The worst that Reliable can do is send threatening letters and make threatening phonecalls, no offence but what is that compared to losing your home?

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

Hi folks thanks for feed back.I did wonder in this case claiming unfair charges a good way to go if it exceeds debt,As loads of other Caggers been sucessful and morals dont come into it now as i have come to conclusion a lot of fiance companies deserve every flak we impose on them as when it comes to morals they use every trick and loophole they can find to put charges up and depend on us ordinary consumer not being very up on things we sign for!if a consumer has paid a lot more that original debt because of unfair charges and exortinate interest rates they deserve to be chased for unfair charges!

some caggers even doing the cca issue and claiming unfair charges at same time!:D

I've been done over by Reliable Collections!!!!! I have an account wiht Simply Be and fell behind with payments due to financial difficulties. I called them up and the operator put me through to Reliable Collections who put me on a payment plan for £20 per month.

The woman I spoke to said there would be a small arrangement fee. Low and behold I get my next statement through to find that they have added £99.99 to my balance for this "arrangement fee".

Check your statements and keep and eye on them. Pay what you can afford and keep up with your mortgage. The worst that Reliable can do is send threatening letters and make threatening phonecalls, no offence but what is that compared to losing your home?

Hi Katpuss!

being in Cag for a year i suppose i ought to know better than paying those muppets over my mortgage.I kept thinking is it worth the hasle of putting this account in dispute over £400 but now think like you it is a mad situation when i am having problems finding money for priority bills and credit cards that have enforceable ccas and yet reliable whoi ive probably paid debt to several times over if people say morals to me! getting their payments albeit late and a few months in arrears!and like you i paid a £99 arrnagement fee !i am in dispute with some credit cards over unenforceable cca issue already.so i suppose might as well add reliable collections to my list!Especially as they giving me ,loads of harresing phonecalls leaving messages on my answer machine so any visiter listening know reliable collections after me!which is against oft rules,

I hope you told them where to shove their arrangement fee & then CCA'd them?

Hi Katpuss!

being in Cag for a year i suppose i ought to know better than paying those muppets over my mortgage.I kept thinking is it worth the hasle of putting this account in dispute over £400 but now think like you it is a mad situation when i am having problems finding money for priority bills and credit cards that have enforceable ccas and yet reliable whoi ive probably paid debt to several times over if people say morals to me! getting their payments albeit late and a few months in arrears!and like you i paid a £99 arrnagement fee !i am in dispute with some credit cards over unenforceable cca issue already.so i suppose might as well add reliable collections to my list!Especially as they giving me ,loads of harresing phonecalls leaving messages on my answer machine so any visiter listening know reliable collections after me!which is against oft rules,

Hi Sunflower,

Don't let them get you down as they're not worth it. They are men with small appendages hiding behind their phones!.

Please pay your mortgage first as this is top priority and I would certainly SAR Reliable/Ambrose Wilson so that you can see what charges they had loaded on. Have you kept the voicemails on your phone, if not please keep any further as the messags can be used as evidence if you want to take the threatenig behaviour further.

If you have enforceable debts that you are struggling to pay may I suggest contacting the Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS). I am on a DMP with them, they are a free charity and excellent.

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

I hope you told them where to shove their arrangement fee & then CCA'd them?

Too right and various other words as well :D Am CCA'ing them this week :D

Hi Katpuss

yes i expect they are men with very small apendages LOL,Ambrose wilson certainly chnaged over the years, years ago i had a problem with arrears with them and had a vey nice symphathetic lady discuss things with me,Now it seems to be these arrogant DCAS with attitude problem running debt recovery!I must catch up with mortgage and try and catch up with endowment as i am four months behind on endowment now which is worrying as it is supposed to pay our mortage of in a few years time:eek:

CCA them, don't waste money on an SAR at this stage, with an account that old they certainly won't have an agreement. End of.

Hi Zazen warrior

I suppose a cca request is a direct hassle free route to get rid of them :)

• 2 weeks later...
scan0028.jpg?t=1251287250

Oh dear! Reliable collection is sending in the heavies!:eek:and they calling today! Will have to put the kettle on and get the biccies out!

When i cca them is it best to adress postal order to reliable collections or just make it payable to catologue firm which i am with which is in this case ambrose wilson?

I wouldn't bother unless you're going to pour it over the 'phone. ;)

LOL! Yes i think it is a empty threat! and they mean a phone call! for their own sakes as i am scared my OH will start waving his baseball bat round and i wouldent even wish that on a DCA:eek: i dont want to see a DCAs bits splattered all round the front door:eek::eek::eek:

I love that letter :D ! I wouldn't bother getting nice biccies, give them some Tesco Value ones with added ingredients :rolleyes:!

Did they actually make the appointment with you or have they just decided to invite themselves round?

They probably won't come round, it's just to make you feel worried.

If Reliable ever come round to my house they'll have a shock as I will boot them out (literally) if they manage to get past me at the door! :D

LOL! Yes i think it is a empty threat! and they mean a phone call! for their own sakes as i am scared my OH will start waving his baseball bat round and i wouldent even wish that on a DCA:eek: i dont want to see a DCAs bits splattered all round the front door:eek::eek::eek:

I wouldn't mind if some DCA's get spalltered by your OH's baseball bat :grin: Remember to take photos!

I got a letter from Reliable along with a statement from Simply Be last week, get this:

Statement said payment due by 2nd September

Reliable letter said payment due immediately and that I had £5 arrears even though I paid the first £20 due when I set the arrangement up.

Called Reliable and they didn't seem to know what they are doing.

Have totally had enough of these muppets so I am CCA'ing them this week and stopping payments :D

I love that letter :D ! I wouldn't bother getting nice biccies, give them some Tesco Value ones with added ingredients :rolleyes:!

Did they actually make the appointment with you or have they just decided to invite themselves round?

They probably won't come round, it's just to make you feel worried.

If Reliable ever come round to my house they'll have a shock as I will boot them out (literally) if they manage to get past me at the door! :D

Hi Katpuss

No they did not make any appointment at all.The letter just turned up today the very day they said they would be sending the heavies round!so not any chance to cancel it! They have not turned uo yet though they said up to 9pm so still a chance he or she could turn up i suppose! but like you i think they meant a phone call! :Dand just trying to make me think it is a doorstep visit,So hopefully i will not see a DCAS bits splattered round the walls! :eek: i keep telling my OH that DCAs are not worth being sent to prison for:eek: That the pen is a mightier weapon than the sword! i not sure i got that saying right! but you get the gist!LOL