How to remove a Default after full & final settlement -HELP PLEASE!

Jules55
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I noticed there is still a default showing on my credit file with DCA Ist Credit Ltd. Account shows satisfied 2007 Settlement was via a partial full & final settlement, question is how can I get this default removed as it won't come off until 2013 if it was just left on my file.

I would like to have it removed if so which is the best route? I looked at the templates for defaults etc but wasn't sure which letter to use here as a partial settlement was agreed and paid, so I guess no chance of requesting a CCA as I understand the lender/DCA etc don't have to comply when settlement(partial/full & final) has taken place but what about the service of the default, I don't even remember receiving it. Guidance please.

I noticed there is still a default showing on my credit file with DCA Ist Credit Ltd. Account shows satisfied 2007 Settlement was via a partial full & final settlement, question is how can I get this default removed as it won't come off until 2013 if it was just left on my file.

I would like to have it removed if so which is the best route? I looked at the templates for defaults etc but wasn't sure which letter to use here as a partial settlement was agreed and paid, so I guess no chance of requesting a CCA as I understand the lender/DCA etc don't have to comply when settlement(partial/full & final) has taken place but what about the service of the default, I don't even remember receiving it. Guidance please.

TBH the time to get it removed is part of the settlement.

S.

agreed

don't know of anything else you to do.

you could chance your arm and ask them to remove it.......i bet what the ans will be!

this also bades the question of you could be open to chasers for the rest of it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry I meant the it was a full and final settlement at £600 of the original sum of £1000. Obviously at the time it would have made sense to incorporate a deal to remove the default but that didn't happen.

Is there anything I can do, also I cannot even remember receiving the actual default notice, just settling the debt for a reduced sum which I thought was reasonable but I now want to try and get this default removed?

Anyone managed to achieve this or any experts out there that could advise on what to do next, letters etc?

Do you have a letter from these muppets to say that your account is settled?

I was under the impression that a full and final settlement means that the account is closed and balance is nil?

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

I had a default on my account, settled in full, the DCA didn't want to help with removing the default on my credit report so I contacted Experien and they wrote to the company and weeks later it was removed.

If you don't try to get the default removed it can legally stay on your credit file for up to 6 years.

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

katpuss> Interesting but what did you say to Experian in order for them to merit contacting the DCA?

Jules - I phoned them and explained that I had settled the account and they requested evidence which I duly sent to them. They then contacted the other company on my behalf an the default was removed within a month and Experien sent me a letter to confirm this.

Can I add that I am an Experian member (which costs £6.99 per month and is worth every penny) and I can view my credit report at any time.

Do you have a letter from these muppets to say that your account is settled?

I was under the impression that a full and final settlement means that the account is closed and balance is nil?

This is where the confusion sets in.

Was it a 'Full & Final' or a 'Partial Settlement'

You may 100% think is was F&F, but most are only worded as Partial.

Jogs

also bear in mind there is nothing in uk law about

f&f settlements

it is purely a local agreement between 2 parties.

oh and second that on the experian membership

ok its £7 but it works wonders they do listen to you.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think what it goes to show is what most of experience on this site..once a bl**dy dca gets its hooks into you they will continue to harrass, naff up your credit rating etc... everything we do with them must be done in writing... get everything in black and white...and dont believe a bl**dy word they say

debt4get Do you mean they DCA's are all a bunch of complete W$$KERS?;)

blimey crawling now eh!

they'll think we're going soft:)

dx

and they