welcome finance - problems !

pinklily0105
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well got deatils of Direct Group this morning ! But alls is it is a print out of what is covered, nothing on there has any reference to me, no policy number dates etc, not even my name ! I could have picked it up off the street !

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I sent off my SAR using your template postggj. Enclosed the PO and sent recorded. I have just received a letter from welcome this morning saying that they can't carry out my request until I have paid the 10 pound fee.

I stated in the letter that the 10 pound PO was enclosed, checked the recorded has been signed for by them which it has, I have that proof. But what can I do now about the PO ?

I do have the receipt, can that be checked ?

Not sure what to do now, Im reluctant to send them another one, if they have signed for the letter then they have signed for the PO which was enclosed. Surely ?

contact royal mail customer services with the postal order details and they should be able to advise if p/o cashed..there will be a tel number on their website.

its welscum trying it on as usual...time wasting, the 40 days are still ticking!!

b-o-2

Edited by brassed-off-2
keyboard gremlins

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

thanks for that, I have rung RM. They can't tell you over the phone. I have an address that I have to write to, with my receipt and if it hasn't been cashed then it would be refunded. The lady was a little confused as to them signing for letter but saying not got PO ?! I guess she isn't a customer of Welcome !

Problem now is what do I do about my SAR ? I can do this letter to RM but obviously that takes time. Do I reply to welcome in the mean time or will I have to do another SAR once I have the PO business sorted ?

They make me so angry ! How can they say they haven't been paid when it clearly states in the letter I have included PO, and it was there in the same envelope as the letter they admit to receiving. Im guessing my 40days won't be ticking by anymore ?

rung welcome passed about a little, now dealing with a lady. Supposed to be ringing me back ! Says that it might have been banked by their post department and seperated from the letter, or even passed to my local office.

I told her as far as I am concerned you've signed for the contents of the letter, she says she'll see if her manager will waive the fee ! I paid the bloody fee !

Anyway I won't hold my breath for the call back !

well she did call back, said they couldn't find it but will honour the request and my SAR will be dealt with.

Do i just leave it as this and wait the 40days ? Just worried because of what I've read about this company. They might deny the phone call.

Whats your advice ?

just commented on another post regarding starting a complaint now before welcome go under, of course if they do ! Thought it would be best to come back to my own thread.

Not sure where to start complaint without any infor from SAR.

Orginally post you said I would have PPI claim, also that they might not have refunded previous loans correctly or the PPI on them. I queried the 14day cooling off but have since learnt can't do that cause I signed on their premises.

So im at a loss as to what to start a complaint with ? any help on the matter ?

might be worth calling up direct group and norwich union to see if you actually ever had the insurances? SOunds far fetched but how do you know you haven't paid for insurances that don't actually exist. Worth checking out?

Direct group only had a record of our PPI...not the other insurances which is what i'm querying now.

just commented on another post regarding starting a complaint now before welcome go under, of course if they do ! Thought it would be best to come back to my own thread.

Not sure where to start complaint without any infor from SAR.

Orginally post you said I would have PPI claim, also that they might not have refunded previous loans correctly or the PPI on them. I queried the 14day cooling off but have since learnt can't do that cause I signed on their premises.

So im at a loss as to what to start a complaint with ? any help on the matter ?

IME DOUBLE CHECKING BUT I THINK THE 14 DAY COOLING OFF PERIOD DOES APPLY EVEN SIGNE ON TRADE PREMISIS

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IS YOU CONTACT WELCOME FOR A SECURED LOAN

THEY GET BACK TO YOU AND SAY YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED

THEN AFTER 14 DAYS AND ONLY AFTER 14 DAYS YOU GO BACK INTO THE OFFICE AND SIGN IT BECOMES LEGALLY BINDING

WERE YOU GIVEN THE 14 DAYS FROM FIRST CONTACT

No, my husband rang enquirying they gave us an estimate of what it would cost. We went in a fewdays later to go through our income etc. We then had to go in the following week, cause we were told only issued cheques on the 1st of the month. We signed and got the cheque the same day.

But I thought I couldn't claim the no cooling off because cab1ne said the other day, id been on their premises twice so it would be hard to claim that.

All this really confuses me, feel I could get them at so many angles but don't know which, which was why I was waiting for my SAR. You said on an earlier thread I could get them if they haven't issued the correct rebates on the old loans and insurances as we had to have them on the other loans. Also missold ppi on this secured loan. But ive got all little bits off info and donm't know how to put it together.

Concerned if I leave it and they go bump in the mean time, we have missed the boat on trying to claim.

Dont Worry

Welcome Are The Pitts

They Allways Leave Out The Important Bits Of Info

You Just Have To Be A Dog With A Bone

Leave It With Me For A Few Days While I Do Some Digging

Need The 14 Day Bit Confirmed In Your Case

And Yes

You Will Have A Case On The Insurance Racket But The Whole Thing May Need The Fos To Order Welcome To Comply

on my credit agreement loan was signed by ourselves and wecome on 31/10/06. THey have other documents which have our signiture on, from previous dates.

These are a secured loan payment sheet of a breakdown of the monthly payment dated 19/10/06

They have a need and demands statement for insurance dated 19/10/06

They have an insurance suitability form dated 25/10/06

Now i know I didn't go in the office on 3 seperate occasions, so not possible. But they are our signitures, but I don't think we have dated them. But I can't prove that.

So would the 14 day cooling off period run from the signiture on the 19th on the monthly breakdown of payment, to when we received the cheque ?

Or does it run from the date on the signed credit agreement to when we received the cheque ?

Sorry but another thing i had thought off, I don't ever remember seeing this monthly breakdown of payment sheet. A photocopy of it is all i have and that is when i have complained to welcome previously about something, that they have sent it to me. I was never given it at the time to look over before we took it out.

It also says on the credit agreement that we should have been given a copy of it 7days before our signiture, we never were.

That Payment Sheet Is The Satement Of Price

Welcome Will Not Show It Previouse As It Shows All The Dirty Dealings

This Is Important

In Your/or When You Get Your Sar There Will Be Computer Screen Shots In There

Ref Telephone Conversations Etc

See Any Mention On This Statement Of Price

And Go Forward To The Part When It Was Sent Out

If This Agreement Was Signed On Trade Premisis

The Cooling Off Period Starts From When Welcome First Confirmed In Writing To You That You Have Been Accepted For The Secured Loan

Then Its 14 Clear Days With No Contact With Welcome, Be It By Phone, Letter, Visit

Then After 14 Clear Days, Welcome Will Ask You To Come In And Sign The Agreement

With In This 14 Day Cooling Off Period You Should Have Everything About This Loan

How Much It Will Cost

Length

Insurace. Ppi Etc

That 14 Day Period Is So You Can Have Second Thoughts As Its Secured On Your Property With No Interference By The Creditor

well i have NEVER had a letter of welcome to say we had been accepted for a start. Like I say had not seen this breakdown before till Welcome sent it to me rehgarding another matter and that was January this year. And we certainly did not have 14 days with no contact from them. Im don't even think that there was 14days from start to finish of this whole thing. The dates on all this documents prove that, 1 19th, 1 25th and then loan signed 31st and money issued. Where is the 14 day clear in all that ?

What do I do now ?

IM still waiting on my SAR

Like I Said

Ime Doing Some Digging This Weekend To Get The Corect Legislation On This Being Signed On Trade Prem

Welcome Are Real Sharks And Commission Hungry They Break The Fsa Legislation All The Time For The Sake Of A Large Pay Cheque At The End Of The Month

Me Thinks This Is Going To Be A Pleasent Surprise At The End Of This